Edd dec 2012

Mreow Mreow

my first one was a c-sect... now 2nd one i duno if i wana go for natural or c-sect...

duno if u girls believe this.. i had the birth date of my 1st one "calculated" by this "feng shui" master and my boy really grew up to be smart and learn things very fast... he is now turning 1 yr old on 25 oct and he has already started to walk.. he is the first one to walk among all the october babies or rather he is even faster then september babies too! he learns to say papa/mama very fast at about 4/5th month... he skips the stage of crawling with his tummy and uses his kneel to crawl... and e best part is he knows when we say "No" to him... or when i start to count "1,2,3" for him to stop his cranky-ness..

so now i really duno if i should do the same for my girl... cos my EDD is 29 Dec and i hope that she will stay a while more till 2013... :D

Lingzy!
Thats Realllly good!! :)

Pls watch ur boy!!! :)
He could be gifted... Need to enrol him in proper school for gifted kids.

My Bestie is a tutor & she has a student now who is in primary1 but her intellectual ability is that of a p6!!!
This gal's school doesn't have a gifted program so her abilities are undermined...
Her classmates don't understand what she's saying & her parents can't answer her qns properly too...

yingzy

Lingzy!
Thats Realllly good!! :)

Pls watch your boy!!! :)
He could be gifted... Need to enrol him in proper school for gifted kids.

My Bestie is a tutor & she has a student now who is in primary1 but her intellectual ability is that of a p6!!!
This gal's school doesn't have a gifted program so her abilities are undermined...
Her classmates dont't understand what she's saying & her parents can't answer her qns properly too...
Wow! Clever girl! I really must monitor my boy... His progression is really very fast... Normally they say boys starts to walk at a later stage but he really gave a shock to everyone even e caregiver in e infant care say they are amazed he started walking so early...

Mreow Mreow

Wow! Clever girl! I really must monitor my boy... His progression is really very fast... Normally they say boys starts to walk at a later stage but he really gave a shock to everyone even e caregiver in e infant care say they are amazed he started walking so early...

yesyes, normally boys are thought to be slower too...
Ur boy is learning pretty fast.. :)
which is good!

Mreow Mreow

Mummies, has anyone of you experienced Braxton Hicks(BH) yet?

i dunno if what i experienced is BH.

Had it quite afew times in the past 2weeks...
My tummy hardens for like 10-20secs...
No discomfort or anything though...

Im wondering if its cuz baby is moving positions or pushing her back against my tummy to make it feel hard...
But when i feel my baby, she isn't moving at all.....
So im quite confused....

hmm, anyone has this too?

allele

Mummies, has anyone of you experienced Braxton Hicks(BH) yet?

i dunno if what i experienced is BH.

Had it quite afew times in the past 2weeks...
My tummy hardens for like 10-20secs...
No discomfort or anything though...

Im wondering if its cuz baby is moving positions or pushing her back against my tummy to make it feel hard...
But when i feel my baby, she isn't moving at all.....
So im quite confused....

hmm, anyone has this too?
Recently I experienced some contractions too.. but it's painless and infrequent, it feels like a sudden tightening at the uterus. Im not sure if that's considered as BH coz Im inexperience too. Hehe.. I read from articles they say that if BH happens more than 4 times in an hour, or have any signs of preterm labour we must call hospital immediately.

Ah.. cant wait to see my gynae and baby again next week!

allele

Hi allele! Yeah ur EDD is not far from me n Mreow Mreow. Hers is 4 dec. haha urs is a boy or girl? Both of ours are girls. :) I go for my antenatal check ups at NUH n will be giving birth there too. Yeah I'm under d high risk clinic as I have high blood pressure. Apparently I had pre-existing hypertension n when I get pregnant it become worst. So my gynae put me under d care of d high risk clinic so they can monitor my condition. Otherwise baby n me are doing fine. Thank u for asking. :) what abt u? Where are u giving birth?
Hi! Im carrying a girl too! What a concidence.. haha. Im seeing doc under private suite at KKH and will be giving birth there. Next week going to do week 33 scan and also to decide which type of room to select after giving birth. Have you done any 3d scan so far? I would like to find out more about it like when is the best time to scan, price etc..

lizasaifi

Hi mummies! How are u all doing? Another 12 hrs till my check up n scan to see baby. So excited! Hee hee

Mreow Mreow: I had dat too...tummy hardens either on left or right side for abt 20 secs or so n then when I rub it will subside...usually happens like once or twice a day especially if I had done a lot of walking....it doesn't happen every day though...I guess dats BH...real contractions will be a lot more times harder than dat n will be a lot more painful than ur menses cramps

allele: oh u r carrying a gal too? Hahahaa dats really a coincidence since our EDDs are like 2 days apart from each other. Lolz I'm doing my 32 weeks scan tmrw n we can't wait to see our gal! She must have put on a lot of weight since d last scan as I'm feelin heavier n getting more difficult to walk. Haha well I'm not doing any 3D scan. Hubby said its not necessary n I think it's juz something we will do if we have d extra budget. Not right now. Perhaps for our next baby? Hee hee seeing baby thru d normal scan is gd enuff to see she's growing well. Let how she looks like be a surprise for us when she's born. :D I noe Mreow Mreow did a 3D scan at NUH n it's cheaper than at KKH she said. U can ask her how it went. :)

Mreow Mreow

Allele,
So TPS arranges a Maternity ward tour on our 33week checkup?

Oh ya, i think it may be too late for you to have a 3D scan now..
Its recommended to go between 26-31weeks!!

Nevertheless, u can call Foetal Care Centre in NUH @ 67225180 asap and they might set u an apptmt soon...
I go to TPS at KKH too but enquired that the 3Dscan there at ADC costs $300+ whereas the Scan at NUH costs only $198.
They include live video clips of baby moving too! :)

So i did mine at NUH last week when baby was 29weeks.
However, she was already measuring 2 weeks ahead at 31weeks, weighing 1.607kg so end up we saw her quite close up...
Other Baby's 3D scan examples we saw at the clinic were done before 30weeks, so the pics were less closeup, so whole head & neck of baby can be seen...
Nevertheless, hubby and i had a great experience!

U should like seriously call them first thing tmr, if u are really keen to do the 3D scan..
See what they say...
No time already!!

Anyway to hear that u mummies have experienced that too!!

Lizasaifi, tummy hardens at some part but when u rub tummy, u dont feel baby moving right?
So it isnt our baby moving or pushing against us right?
*blur*

It happens to me at least twice everyday!
Most of the time i dunno its happening until I coincidentally pat my tummy then realize it has gone hard.....
Maybe u can ask your gynae tmr!
Im excited to know what your doc has to say about your baby too!
Will wait for your update!! :)

Last edited:

lizasaifi

Mreow Mreow, yep dats rite...baby not moving...juz tummy become hard n then subside after awhile...usually happen like once or twice then stopped...yeah gonna ask her tmrw n see if its for any concern...i hope it's normal BH since we experienced it...hehehe yeah I'm on my way hm from work n hope to sleep before 1am...will keep u updated surely! :D

Mreow Mreow

Mreow Mreow, yep dats rite...baby not moving...juz tummy become hard n then subside after awhile...usually happen like once or twice then stopped...yeah gonna ask her tmrw n see if its for any concern...i hope it's normal BH since we experienced it...hehehe yeah I'm on my way hm from work n hope to sleep before 1am...will keep u updated surely! :D

Oh man...
Ur work reallly end super late man.

Do take lotsa care when going home at night!!!

karenoon

I get that alot too. mine smack right in the centre, not painful; just a litrle uncomfortable. I tot it was just baby swimming n turning and decided to come "further up" haha. So Liza mommy! Pls keep us updated! Thanks!

Mreow Mreow

I get that alot too. mine smack right in the centre, not painful; just a litrle uncomfortable. I tot it was just baby swimming n turning and decided to come "further up" haha. So Liza mommy! Pls keep us updated! Thanks!

Ya, but when u touch ur tummy, baby isn't moving right? :)

MamaDT

Hi Mummies

Lizasaifi: think u shd consider taking rest from now till birth... Use hospitalisation leaves and annual leaves... Rest rest rest is more important dear... Mummy and baby more Important than work...Take care yah! :)

All mummies: I experience the hard hard feeling everyday! Especially when I walk too much... Read that we shd rest awhile after every 30mins of walking..... Lol but my legs won't stop once I start walking in malls until about 2 hours later hahha :p I also felt it when I didn't have enough rest in the day..

Agree overseas websites are much cheaper and better deal than Singapore retail store for most of the baby stuffs! I am considering to buy pumps from drugstore.com... But still thinking if I should coz it doesn't have international warranty. Heehee

Momopeachgal: Yes Yes! I finally found mummy who invest reusable diapers!!! Hahaha did u try ask the lady for a recyclable bag to store your diapers? Hahaha think she was very happy to close the quick deal from me, she gave me one so I can keep 5 pieces and the extra inserts. Lol
But my mum isn't really keen on using it.. As it is a newer technology from traditional cloth diapers and reusable diapers. Haha hopefully she changes her mind in Dec! ^^

I also regret not buying anything at Taka fair!!!!! Coz I tot it was too early to buy tt time.. Sigh... I ended up buying a pigeon steriliser at $125 with just standard bottles and bottle cleanser and teat brush at kiddy palace last Sunday :(

Ling.er: so it is cfm tt u can do c sect as per ur desired date? ^^

MamaDT

Sze Sze, my doc hasn't advised me on the gynae visits. So far now still once in 4weeks. Haha!
Yours 3weeks alr? So fast!! :)

Actually I can't wait for the day!!
Pray that when it's safe enough for her to be out, let her be out!!
Dont delay!! :D

My gynae said I can sleep on my back! :)
He said to slant a little bit.
So happy... :)

MamaDT,
Is 1st lesson more impt than 2nd?
Hmm, will be going with my Sis on 1st.
Cuz my hubby can't make it for the 1st lesson next SAT.
He & I both flying... :(
Now he's already overseas & will be back 10days later.
So sad... :'(

Lizasaifi, if ur gal is headdown at 28wks means sure can natural right?
Cuz my gal is like that since my 19week & every checkup till now I ask my Doc if can give birth naturally. He say can. Haha....
*cross fingers*
Doc told me the best position is if baby is headdown facing our spine...
my gal is now headdown facing up, facing my tummy.
Hope we all get the optimal position!! :D

Strange,
My baby never somersault at all... Always in the same position!
Really wonder if she has space to move.
Haha!!
Mummies, did u all measure ur biggest point of ur stomach with measuring tape?? :D
Mreow Mreow, first lesson focus half the lesson on exercising n massages that ur hubby can help to relieve your aches and letting your hubby to understand the kinda weight that we are carrying in our tummy... I personally think 2nd lesson more useful and first lesson is a benefit for mummies heehee

Mreow Mreow

Hi mummies! Bad news...I'm admitted again...sigh...juz been sent to my bed :(

OMG...
Im sooo sorry to hear that babe.. :(

Yes, seriously just stop working at the bookstore...
Can u like quit?

Cuz it seems that its not good for u to be working in your pregnancy!!

Other than that I hope baby girl is ok........

Mreow Mreow

Mreow Mreow, first lesson focus half the lesson on exercising n massages that ur hubby can help to relieve your aches and letting your hubby to understand the kinda weight that we are carrying in our tummy... I personally think 2nd lesson more useful and first lesson is a benefit for mummies heehee

Thanks alot MamaDT!!
glad to hear that 2nd lesson more 'useful' :)

karenoon

Yes! @mreow mreow, no movement. Just a harden lump. I get that quite earlier in the stage of pregnancy even when baby is quite small hence didn't think that it's was BH.
After so rubbing and talking to baby ten he will just sink back deeper into to tummy providing me more relief. Haha.
It's not painful tot just got that tight feel.

@liza, oh dear. I am sorry to hear that. Update is your condition! Stay safe n be well my dear! Hope you and baby are doing well!

MamaDT

Karenoon, I also had that feeling as well... I felt baby moved then suddenly a small lump (like half of my fist size) stationed at one part of my tummy for awhile then subside and felt baby moved away from the lump after patting and talking about 20 seconds but I also had the feeling that Mreow Mreow mentioned, no movements at bump but it's very very hard. I don't know what is that too... But after some rest it will be slightly more comfortable and not so tight..

lizasaifi

Hello mummies! How are u all doing? Juz an update on my condition n baby. Nurse took my bp juz now n it's gone down to 138. Hahaha so back to acceptable normal range again. As for baby juz now I was hooked up to d CTG machine again for d 2nd time tdy n seems like baby's heartbeats quite regular n she's very active. :) nurse had a hard time to maintain her heartbeat as she kept moving. So cute!

MamaDT: I'll see how many days of hospitalisation leave doc will give me this time n from there will see how long I will be away from work. I have abt another 6 weeks more till I start my annual leave before maternity leave so still quite far away.

Mreow Mreow: I can't afford to quit my job babe. Need 2 incomes as I'm also supporting my mom. I asked my gynae to write a memo for my manager saying dat I can't work 2nd shift anymore. Supposed to give him tmrw but now dat I'm hospitalised I guess he shld get d msg as I had told him before already I can't do 2nd shift. My hubby was angry dat my manager nvr listen to my request. Haizz n baby girl is alrite. Gynae want to monitor her too as d blood flow from placenta to her is a little high. Other than dat we are doing alrite. :) thanks dear