Edd dec 2012

MamaDT

Oh y ur manager so bad! Hmph! Y not have a photocopy of the gynae's letter... Pass one to your manager and photocopied to HR? ^^ see if HR is helpful to help should your manager refuse to listen :)

allele

Hi mummies! Bad news...I'm admitted again...sigh...juz been sent to my bed :(
Sorry to hear that.. I hope you do stay strong and take more rest. Im sure you and baby will be under good care :) If you feel bored staying in the ward you always have us 'chatting' with u here.. haha! What's ur baby's weight now ar?

Mreow Mreow

Hello mummies! How are u all doing? Juz an update on my condition n baby. Nurse took my bp juz now n it's gone down to 138. Hahaha so back to acceptable normal range again. As for baby juz now I was hooked up to d CTG machine again for d 2nd time tdy n seems like baby's heartbeats quite regular n she's very active. :) nurse had a hard time to maintain her heartbeat as she kept moving. So cute!

MamaDT: I'll see how many days of hospitalisation leave doc will give me this time n from there will see how long I will be away from work. I have abt another 6 weeks more till I start my annual leave before maternity leave so still quite far away.

Mreow Mreow: I can't afford to quit my job babe. Need 2 incomes as I'm also supporting my mom. I asked my gynae to write a memo for my manager saying dat I can't work 2nd shift anymore. Supposed to give him tmrw but now dat I'm hospitalised I guess he shld get d msg as I had told him before already I can't do 2nd shift. My hubby was angry dat my manager nvr listen to my request. Haizz n baby girl is alrite. Gynae want to monitor her too as d blood flow from placenta to her is a little high. Other than dat we are doing alrite. :) thanks dear

Haiz...
Sometimes wish the Govtmt can give more financial incentives to parents, instead of spending billions on F1 & other stuff...
Now the New stadium... Spend soooo much...
since they keep encouraging us to procreate...

Unlike some countries... Antenatal checkups and labour can be free or heavily subsidised....

Lizasaifi, im supporting my mum too.. Yep, difficult for me as well too cuz 1 income now..
We just take things 1 step as a time lo...

Anyway our babies are all a blessing for all of us!! :)
Lets stay positive! Hehe :D

allele

Allele,
So TPS arranges a Maternity ward tour on our 33week checkup?

Oh ya, i think it may be too late for you to have a 3D scan now..
Its recommended to go between 26-31weeks!!

Nevertheless, u can call Foetal Care Centre in NUH @ 67225180 asap and they might set u an apptmt soon...
I go to TPS at KKH too but enquired that the 3Dscan there at ADC costs $300+ whereas the Scan at NUH costs only $198.
They include live video clips of baby moving too! :)

So i did mine at NUH last week when baby was 29weeks.
However, she was already measuring 2 weeks ahead at 31weeks, weighing 1.607kg so end up we saw her quite close up...
Other Baby's 3D scan examples we saw at the clinic were done before 30weeks, so the pics were less closeup, so whole head & neck of baby can be seen...
Nevertheless, hubby and i had a great experience!

U should like seriously call them first thing tmr, if u are really keen to do the 3D scan..
See what they say...
No time already!!

Anyway to hear that u mummies have experienced that too!!

Lizasaifi, tummy hardens at some part but when u rub tummy, u dont feel baby moving right?
So it isnt our baby moving or pushing against us right?
*blur*

It happens to me at least twice everyday!
Most of the time i dunno its happening until I coincidentally pat my tummy then realize it has gone hard.....
Maybe u can ask your gynae tmr!
Im excited to know what your doc has to say about your baby too!
Will wait for your update!! :)
Hi Mreow Mreow!
Oh I didnt know that there's s specific timeframe for the 3D scan. Anyway, it's fine for me not to do the scan.. thought just to find out more. Hehe.. But Im sure it must be a very special experience for you to be able to see your baby's facial features and expressions :)

Well Im not sure if TPS will be arranging the ward tour for us, but according to the receptionist she asked me to go to Women's admissions counter on next visit and get a Pre-admission Planning. There will be a premier hospitalisation package which Im going to find out more :)

Mreow Mreow

Hi Mreow Mreow!
Oh I didnt know that there's s specific timeframe for the 3D scan. Anyway, it's fine for me not to do the scan.. thought just to find out more. Hehe.. But Im sure it must be a very special experience for you to be able to see your baby's facial features and expressions :)

Well Im not sure if TPS will be arranging the ward tour for us, but according to the receptionist she asked me to go to Women's admissions counter on next visit and get a Pre-admission Planning. There will be a premier hospitalisation package which Im going to find out more :)

Yes babe, the scan was an awesome experience!! :D

Premier deposit is $2600+ i think..
U planning on 1 bedder? :)

ivyb

Hi Ladies, I went for my prenatal visit yesterday (Wednesday). At 30 weeks, my bb weighs around 1.3kg with her head down and she was laying sideway on her right side....the ultrasound scan was soooo cute and she was sleeping soundly with not much movement hahaha :D It's no wonder i always feel that my bump is always 'out of shape' recently. My gynae is quite pleased with baby's progress and think that baby will continue to stay in this position till my delivery. (keeping fingers crossed) :))

One thing i've been quite concern is my weight gained so far. I cannot believe I've only put on abt 5kg so far. Infact i've lost 0.4kg since my last visit 3 wks' ago. But my gynae think it's nothing big deal at all. :S Well, maybe I should take it as a blessing for not putting on too much weight. What matters most is that my girl is growing well inside my womb. hahaha :p

I went for the maternity tour right after my prenatal check at 1pm. The tour was very informative and it really helps parents-to-be to have a better idea of what to expect on the day of labour and the facilities available within the hospital throughout the stay after delivery. I personally encourage all other mummies-to-be to schedule a maternity tour with their desired hospital before they r due for delivery. :) For me, I really enjoyed taking the tour with my hubby as it has helped us to decide which room type and birth plan we should choose. :)

Mreow Mreow

Hi Ladies, I went for my prenatal visit yesterday (Wednesday). At 30 weeks, my bb weighs around 1.3kg with her head down and she was laying sideway on her right side....the ultrasound scan was soooo cute and she was sleeping soundly with not much movement hahaha :D It's no wonder i always feel that my bump is always 'out of shape' recently. My gynae is quite pleased with baby's progress and think that baby will continue to stay in this position till my delivery. (keeping fingers crossed) :))

One thing i've been quite concern is my weight gained so far. I cannot believe I've only put on abt 5kg so far. Infact i've lost 0.4kg since my last visit 3 wks' ago. But my gynae think it's nothing big deal at all. :S Well, maybe I should take it as a blessing for not putting on too much weight. What matters most is that my girl is growing well inside my womb. hahaha :p

I went for the maternity tour right after my prenatal check at 1pm. The tour was very informative and it really helps parents-to-be to have a better idea of what to expect on the day of labour and the facilities available within the hospital throughout the stay after delivery. I personally encourage all other mummies-to-be to schedule a maternity tour with their desired hospital before they r due for delivery. :) For me, I really enjoyed taking the tour with my hubby as it has helped us to decide which room type and birth plan we should choose. :)

So glad to hear everything is going well for u ivyb!
Have u bought your bio oil yet? :)

dont worry about your weight gain..
It varies with everyone...
Agree with your gynae that ur baby's weight is more impt.
Babies take everything from mum. perhaps ur food intake isnt alot, so with baby already taking all that she needs, u dont have much to gain from!! :)

Sry i cant recall but which Hosp did u choose?
So Have u & hubby decided on ur room type? :)

lizasaifi

Hello mummies! Gd morning to all of u! Thank u so much for all d concern! Baby n me appreciate it. :) well guess wat? We're going hm tdy! Yaaayy! Hehehe

Mreow Mreow: yes babe lets all stay positive so our babies will get d positive vibes from us n be strong. U r rite! They are a blessing for all of us each n can't wait to see n hold our precious little ones. Abt d government to give more privileges for families u r soooo right babe! Since they want to increase fertility rate then they shld spend a lot more for married couples rather than for their own gd. So babe when is ur next check up? Any scans coming up? :D

MamaDT: well my manager is not local n its a he. Dats all I can say. Thing is he already has 2 kids n I'm sure how pregnant women are like. Yes I will give a letter each to my store manager, my operations manager n my HR. dats for sure!

allele: hahah yeah I was bored last nite but fell asleep early so not so bad. My baby is abt 1.7kg now. But doc still said her growth is a bit slow. Dunno why. I read dat it's average weight for a 32 weeks baby. :( yep! D nurses here take very gd care of me n baby. They are wonderful!

ivyb: thanks for d concern too babe! :) dun worry abt d weight gaining. Most important ur gal is growing well. At least u dun have to worry abt having to lose a lot of weight after delivery. ;)

Mummies u all remember we were talking abt BH? I was hooked up to d CTG machine 3 times now n it can record d BH contractions we get n baby's heartbeats. Hahaha very interesting! Baby's heartbeats stable now n she's very active even though I'm hooked up to d CTG. hehehe

Cherm

Re: Nestle Nan Pro 2

Hi All,

I am new here but have been reading this thread for some time. My EDD is on 27th Dec but keeps on fluctuating between 27/12/12 and 1/1/13. Would really like to have a Dec 12 baby, so I'm putting my posts here. We are expecting a boy and delivering at Gleneagles hospital. Hope to share and learn more from other mummies to be!

Cherm

As you can see, I'm so new that I can't even post with the correct subject. How do I post under "EDD Dec 2012"?

Cherm

Hi momopeachgal, thanks for the warm welcome. Being a yr end child, I wish that my child is born at the end of year rather than at the beginning of year. Plus, I somehow feel like the expectations on my child being a Dec baby will be less stressful than for a Jan baby (whom people think has a whole year ahead of him compared to his peers). I would rather my child be the unassuming dark horse than the one whom everyone expects to shine. Less pressure.

Am I alone in this? haha.

Cherm

Thanks momopeachgal! I think it's working now cos you posted on Edd dec 2012 and I'm replying directly to your post. :001_302:

Cherm

Yea, I heard abt the development bit, but honestly when growing up, I don't see my Dec-borned friends faring worse than my Jan-borned friends. I think at some pt, we all level out and I'm quite sure this happens at a young age (maybe by 3 or 4 yrs old)?

I was brought up in a competitive environment whereby my grades and achievements were always compared to my Mum's friends' kids. It made me super competitive growing up and I wish that I won't impose this competitiveness on my child.

Cherm

Hi yingzy, I bought my bottles in US when I made a trip there during my first tri. My friend who has a 2 year old son uses NUK and Playtex and she has a variety of those cos she switched ard till she found the most suitable one for her son. I wound up getting the Playtex Vent-air and Playtex Drop-ins as they claim to prevent colic. She mentioned that a few of her friends swears by Dr. Brown but she feels that there are just too many parts to wash.

Of all the housework, I dislike washing dishes most, so my choice was rather easy. You may want to look at the teat material as well. Apparently latex ones are more similar to our breasts and if you are breastfeeding, it will make the transition to bottle feeding easier.

Amazon sells baby items at pretty good prices. If the shipping is reasonable, then you may want to consider.

MamaDT

Yea, I heard abt the development bit, but honestly when growing up, I don't see my Dec-borned friends faring worse than my Jan-borned friends. I think at some pt, we all level out and I'm quite sure this happens at a young age (maybe by 3 or 4 yrs old)?

I was brought up in a competitive environment whereby my grades and achievements were always compared to my Mum's friends' kids. It made me super competitive growing up and I wish that I won't impose this competitiveness on my child.
Welcome Cherm! I love December babies!! My friends prefer Jan babies too coz they feel that the learning curves are less steep. But I have other thoughts... I prefer dec to early year babies coz I feel Dec babies give me a feeling of more warmth, love and sharing emotions and a bonus precious priceless gift for my hubby and i end of the year! :) and I don't see that they will lose out learning activities when they reach the age of schooling..

MamaDT

Hi Ivyb

Happy to know your baby is healthy weight! Don't worry about your weight... As long as baby is safe and growing well and gain weight then that is good sign :)

Yah! I am also always giggling to my "out of shape" tummy when I saw the fist-like lump on my tummy... Cute isn't it! Heehee ;)

I can't wait to go for my wk 32 checkup two weeks from now! :)

MamaDT

Hello mummies! Gd morning to all of u! Thank u so much for all d concern! Baby n me appreciate it. :) well guess wat? We're going hm tdy! Yaaayy! Hehehe

Mreow Mreow: yes babe lets all stay positive so our babies will get d positive vibes from us n be strong. U r rite! They are a blessing for all of us each n can't wait to see n hold our precious little ones. Abt d government to give more privileges for families u r soooo right babe! Since they want to increase fertility rate then they shld spend a lot more for married couples rather than for their own gd. So babe when is ur next check up? Any scans coming up? :D

MamaDT: well my manager is not local n its a he. Dats all I can say. Thing is he already has 2 kids n I'm sure how pregnant women are like. Yes I will give a letter each to my store manager, my operations manager n my HR. dats for sure!

allele: hahah yeah I was bored last nite but fell asleep early so not so bad. My baby is abt 1.7kg now. But doc still said her growth is a bit slow. Dunno why. I read dat it's average weight for a 32 weeks baby. :( yep! D nurses here take very gd care of me n baby. They are wonderful!

ivyb: thanks for d concern too babe! :) dun worry abt d weight gaining. Most important ur gal is growing well. At least u dun have to worry abt having to lose a lot of weight after delivery. ;)

Mummies u all remember we were talking abt BH? I was hooked up to d CTG machine 3 times now n it can record d BH contractions we get n baby's heartbeats. Hahaha very interesting! Baby's heartbeats stable now n she's very active even though I'm hooked up to d CTG. hehehe
Yeah!!! Happy that you are well and discharged! Good news that your baby is active even when u r hooked up on CTG! heeehee can imagine that she must have tickled u a lot while u were hooked up on the machine! Coz you see the strap on your stomach goes "boing boing" like a wave due to baby's movement in tummy.. Haha :) nice!

Aiyo... Why is your manager like that.. Got two kids still cannot understand how tough it is for preggy mummies to be working... Very bad. I don't like such manager...

So do you have any bits of BH contractions recorded on the CTG? I mean if have, is that the hard and tight feeling with no movements a BH contraction?

Have plenty of rest Lizasaifi.. Don't think or worry too much about work. Relax at home yah.. Don't do too heavy duty household chores yah.. Take care!!

Cherm

Welcome Cherm! I love December babies!! My friends prefer Jan babies too coz they feel that the learning curves are less steep. But I have other thoughts... I prefer dec to early year babies coz I feel Dec babies give me a feeling of more warmth, love and sharing emotions and a bonus precious priceless gift for my hubby and i end of the year! :) and I dont't see that they will lose out learning activities when they reach the age of schooling..
Hi MamaDT, yeah! I agree with you that Dec babies are more warm and emotional (this is true of my friends who are born in Dec). I really wish for a Christmas baby as that's my favourite day of the year. I love the cool, dreamy feeling as the year draws to a close and we look back at how far we have come. Whereas in Jan, everything rewinds and restarts from the beginning. It's like we have to be back on full gear come Jan.

It's also true that Dec babies won't lose out in terms of development. As babies, we think of their age in terms of months. In turn, we track their progress by their age in months. By the time we refer to their age in terms of years instead of months, they have probably levelled up with the rest of their cohort.

Perhaps in play schools and childcare centres, year end babies will pick up and learn things faster since their peers are ahead of them in terms of development. But my baby can really come in Dec or Jan, so I guess I'll just have to wait to find out.

Cherm

Cherm: Good to hear that!!! I guess i shall ignore whad my friends and relatives says about year end babies and beginning of the year babies !! most imptly is.. our babies come out healthy! ^^
Yes, momopeachgal! Our babies' health is most important. How far along are you? I think my baby is one of the youngest in this thread.