EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

Can bathe baby before umbilical cord stump drops?? I read on Internet that usually bathe afterwards.

Congrats ryuichi!!!! No epidural!! So brave and only 6 hrs after induce so ur labour was short? How heavy is your boy??

I read from Singapore motherhood forum that most mummies tried the fenugreek from GNC, some say good, some say no diff, effects depend on individual's response. They also recommended green life from guardian and some bought from US website because cheaper. Hope this helps. Gambatei breastfeeding mummies!

I'm having backache these two days at the side and also harder to sleep nowadays. Constant Braxton hicks at night also...

GG2012

Hi all, I gave birth to my baby boy yesterday after being induced for 6 hours. It was a normal delivery without epidural, but I use laughing gas ( and it didn't make me laugh definitely) :p I was almost give up since the baby's head couldn't come out after half an hour of pushing. But my gynae did the episiotomy and 2 nurses massage my tummy very hard until my precious one came to this world :) phew such an amazing experience! Now I breast feed my baby totally and hope there will be no problem with it. Anyone taking pain killer after the delivery? Will it be affect your baby?
Congrats! You are so brave, as I know get induced is quite painful, ppl usually take epidural with.
Have a good rest & enjoy ur new life with baby^^

katerine, thkx for ur info :) will ask my hubby to get it for me :)

Can bathe baby before umbilical cord stump drops?? I read on Internet that usually bathe afterwards.

Congrats ryuichi!!!! No epidural!! So brave and only 6 hrs after induce so ur labour was short? How heavy is your boy??

I read from Singapore motherhood forum that most mummies tried the fenugreek from GNC, some say good, some say no diff, effects depend on individual's response. They also recommended green life from guardian and some bought from US website because cheaper. Hope this helps. Gambatei breastfeeding mummies!

I'm having backache these two days at the side and also harder to sleep nowadays. Constant Braxton hicks at night also...

Shirix

I took fenugreek from Gnc.. It does increase my milk.. Today is my 6th day and I can pump 50ml..

Anyway, baby can bath once they discharge from hospital... But you need to make sure that u dry the baby umbilical cord.

Wobblymummy, faster get the massage lady to come and help u massage your blocked ducts. Dun let it worsen if that both u and baby will be very xin gu..

Thanks Shirix , will call them in awhile.
Will get the fenugreek too. But is it too late to take Cos I'm at my 12 days today. They said only help on 1st wk :(

Shirix

No.. Its not too late and its not exactly true that it only help on 1st week.. It will help you increase the milk supply as long as you takes Fenugreek... :) jia you!

teriwinkle

I don't have block ducts. Better get the jamu massage lady soon! :(

wobblymummy:714813 said:
100ml is a lot :)
I haven't reached that yet. Waiting for my Jamu therapist to come to massage. Hope it helps. Teriwinkle do u have block duct , I feel that my boobs are swollen n hard. Try to massage but too painful :(

teriwinkle

Nipples are sore from latching too much? I feel the same way when I only pumped twice a day on the first 2 days after discharge. Made me so tired I wanna give up.

Haha! Takes time to learn how to bathe your baby. I'm already getting the hang of it and she doesn't cry when I bathe her.

nature59:714830 said:
Wow ok I shall up his fm intake coz now I'm on alternate bf and fm. Still having colestrum and no milk..

My nipples are getting sore.. Can u mummies feel something when breast feeding? I can feel the suction. And hurts sometimes..

Just showered him and it was hard coz he fidget so much! I had my mil help. Wonder how to do alone?

teriwinkle

Yup, can bathe baby before umbilical cord stump drops. The nurses will teach you how, so no worries.

Katherine57:714837 said:

PockyMummy

yup 10 session. ..I took up the package from jurong pt Jamu massage. I thinking of getting the fenugreek from GNC .
Wobblymummy.. Is it a must for us to take up jamu massage? And how much does 10 sessions cost? Do you have any idea whether do they have 5 sessions only? Oh ya!! And is it they come to our house to massage? =)

Hi all

I gave birth on 1.11.12. :)

Just came home this afternoon..today is my third day & I having engogorment..what should I do? I do total breastfeed at hospital. Should I pump out my milk?

Also, I haven't bathe..it so sticky.. How do u guys sleep? I keep sweating. Do u sleep in Aircon room or with fan on at nite? Or u all hv bathe areadi?

Thanks.

nature59

Nipples are sore from latching too much? I feel the same way when I only pumped twice a day on the first 2 days after discharge. Made me so tired I wanna give up.

Haha! Takes time to learn how to bathe your baby. I'm already getting the hang of it and she doesn't cry when I bathe her.

nature59:714830 said:
Wow ok I shall up his fm intake coz now I'm on alternate bf and fm. Still having colestrum and no milk..

My nipples are getting sore.. Can u mummies feel something when breast feeding? I can feel the suction. And hurts sometimes..

Just showered him and it was hard coz he fidget so much! I had my mil help. Wonder how to do alone?
Teriwinkle, nipples are sore coz maybe baby is latching on wrongly. Now putting baby on fm le, my milk not here yet and colestrum too little for him.. =(