EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

joasiss

GG2012:714706 said:
No leh... Bottle feed.. That's why my baby cannot suckle well on my breast.. But hopefully can train her to suckle well on both bottle and breast so that it's easier when i go back to work next time..

I know if cup feed baby might not drink as much,..
Want to know which kind of cup can feed the baby?
I also worried that if use bottle feed, baby dosen't want to latch on.
Was talking to my confinement lady about this today too. She has a lot of experience and says that when babies are hungry, they do not choose where or what type of nipple to suck on. So its ok to bottle feed. Cup feed takes forever to finish feeding.

Anyway when i told the nursery to cup feed my baby few days ago, they didn't. I found out they have been bottle feeding him . So no choice now.

He still suckles hungrily when i bf him today but cos not enough milk, he got very agitated.

Last edited:

lyndi

My #1 was partly bottle fed too before supply came in. Was ok... She still took the breast very well despite drinking from the bottle.

She was on s26 too and the rest of the series after. Partly cos that was the flavor of the month at tmc when she was born and partly because I took it as a kid. Not sure if heaty anot but it was fine and as long as she didn't reject it, didn't see a need to reinvent the wheel.

GG2012

Was talking to my confinement lady about this today too. She has a lot of experience and says that when babies are hungry, they do not choose where or what type of nipple to suck on. So its ok to bottle feed. Cup feed takes forever to finish feeding.

Anyway when i told the nursery to cup feed my baby few days ago, they didn't. I found out they have been bottle feeding him . So no choice now.

He still suckles hungrily when i bf him today but cos not enough milk, he got very agitated.
I got it. Thanks for sharing! :)

I'm curious because it seems like different hospitals giving out different advices on breastfeeding. I'm Going to call mt alvernia lactation consultant on mon then update you guys on what she advice about breastfeeding.

Btw I read up on fenugreek. Seems like quite effective to increase breast milk amount, u ladies may want to try if the volume didn't increase after a week post labour
I read about fenugreek too. Wonder should I try too. Which brand is good? GNC ? Or any other brand? I having milk blister on my right boobs n my supply decreases. I m kinda depressed now. Cos my bb is drinking ard 70-80 ml now. So sigh.. Gotta increase my milk supply.

nature59

My baby has been up after 2.5 hrs screaming for milk, is that normal?
It's quite a big change from day 3 to day 4. Is it coz their appetite went up?

ryuichi

Hi all, I gave birth to my baby boy yesterday after being induced for 6 hours. It was a normal delivery without epidural, but I use laughing gas ( and it didn't make me laugh definitely) :p I was almost give up since the baby's head couldn't come out after half an hour of pushing. But my gynae did the episiotomy and 2 nurses massage my tummy very hard until my precious one came to this world :) phew such an amazing experience! Now I breast feed my baby totally and hope there will be no problem with it. Anyone taking pain killer after the delivery? Will it be affect your baby?

allele

Congrats to u ryuichi! so excited to see another mummy giving birth! Mine will due on 2dec.. hehe. It's very brave of u for not taking epidural, since u are taking laughing gas I wonder how much pain u still experienced through out the labour? Did they inject local anaesthetic before they do the episiotomy? Anyway, hope u have a sweet time bonding 'with ur precious one! have a nice weekend!

nature59

Hi all, I gave birth to my baby boy yesterday after being induced for 6 hours. It was a normal delivery without epidural, but I use laughing gas ( and it didn't make me laugh definitely) :p I was almost give up since the baby's head couldn't come out after half an hour of pushing. But my gynae did the episiotomy and 2 nurses massage my tummy very hard until my precious one came to this world :) phew such an amazing experience! Now I breast feed my baby totally and hope there will be no problem with it. Anyone taking pain killer after the delivery? Will it be affect your baby?
Congrats!! I was on painkiller too..
Should not affect baby.

teriwinkle

Mine is still drinking 50ml at day 11. When we gave her 60ml, she couldn't finish drinking it. But most of the time, she cries for milk after 2hr plus from the previous feed. You can try giving more!

nature59:714762 said:
My baby has been up after 2.5 hrs screaming for milk, is that normal?
It's quite a big change from day 3 to day 4. Is it coz their appetite went up?

Last edited:

teriwinkle

Congrats for being so brave! Am on painkillers for a week. Have asked the nurses and they said doesn't affect breastfeeding!

ryuichi:714768 said:

teriwinkle

I'm thinking of getting fenugreek! Don't be depressed! Yesterday morning I managed to pump out 100ml but it went back to 50ml on subsequent pumps. Will jiayou again!

wobblymummy:714740 said:
I read about fenugreek too. Wonder should I try too. Which brand is good? GNC ? Or any other brand? I having milk blister on my right boobs n my supply decreases. I m kinda depressed now. Cos my bb is drinking ard 70-80 ml now. So sigh.. Gotta increase my milk supply.

lyndi

Maybe can try the sacred tea for nursing mums? Has organic ingredients including fenugreek inside.

sacredteafornursingmothers.com

I'm thinking of getting fenugreek! Don't be depressed! Yesterday morning I managed to pump out 100ml but it went back to 50ml on subsequent pumps. Will jiayou again!

wobblymummy:714740 said:

joasiss

teriwinkle:714787 said:
That's quite a lot. How much did u pump out on the first few days u got your milk?

Congrats ryuichi, u r really a heroine.. Without epidural ... Salute..

100ml is a lot :)
I haven't reached that yet. Waiting for my Jamu therapist to come to massage. Hope it helps. Teriwinkle do u have block duct , I feel that my boobs are swollen n hard. Try to massage but too painful :(

nature59

Nature my boy drank ard 50 ml on day 3
Hi wobblymummy, per feed?
Yup per feed now 12 days he drinking ard 70ml-80ml
Wow ok I shall up his fm intake coz now I'm on alternate bf and fm. Still having colestrum and no milk..

My nipples are getting sore.. Can u mummies feel something when breast feeding? I can feel the suction. And hurts sometimes..

Just showered him and it was hard coz he fidget so much! I had my mil help. Wonder how to do alone?