EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

Hi mummies, finally sane enough to update. I was placed on drip at 8.45am, by 9.45, the contraction started getting stronger. By 10.30, I asked for epidural becos cannot take the cramps anymore. Luckily my anaesthesist came at 10.45am and administered the drug. After that, I had this pressure to push and the nurse checked n I was 9cm dilated!!! And I was like 3cm 2 hrs ago. So started pushing and after an hr, my boy was born at 12.53pm. Very hard pushing and the cramps, omg.

Anyway after that I was all giddy and suffering from after effects of epidural and the medications. Puked and giddy. Then about 4+, they brought baby in n I tried to latch on more successfully. First time after labour wasn't very successful. Then about 6, tried latching on again becos seems like he wants to suckle though not sure if he managed to suckle anything. I squeezed and there's like two drops of colostrum after he suckled so I don't know if he had anything but he was crying quite a bit, think he was too cold in the ward so we sent him back to nursery for time being. Will let him latched on again at 8+ later. Hopefully he did managed to get the colostrum.

According to the paed, baby should have sufficient to last him till tomorrow. They will have a threshold, when he loses too much body weight, they will let us know that need to formula feed him but for the time being, Just let him latch on and try to suckle.

So much for now, will update again tomorrow when my giddiness goes off completely. Take care

warm wet(squeeze dry) towel and wipe down sweaty parts of body? then dry with dry towel. at least dont feel so sticky

Hi all

I gave birth on 1.11.12. :)

Just came home this afternoon..today is my third day & I having engogorment..what should I do? I do total breastfeed at hospital. Should I pump out my milk?

Also, I haven't bathe..it so sticky.. How do u guys sleep? I keep sweating. Do u sleep in Aircon room or with fan on at nite? Or u all hv bathe areadi?

Thanks.

Mreow Mreow

Hi mummies, finally sane enough to update. I was placed on drip at 8.45am, by 9.45, the contraction started getting stronger. By 10.30, I asked for epidural becos cannot take the cramps anymore. Luckily my anaesthesist came at 10.45am and administered the drug. After that, I had this pressure to push and the nurse checked n I was 9cm dilated!!! And I was like 3cm 2 hrs ago. So started pushing and after an hr, my boy was born at 12.53pm. Very hard pushing and the cramps, omg.

Anyway after that I was all giddy and suffering from after effects of epidural and the medications. Puked and giddy. Then about 4+, they brought baby in n I tried to latch on more successfully. First time after labour wasn't very successful. Then about 6, tried latching on again becos seems like he wants to suckle though not sure if he managed to suckle anything. I squeezed and there's like two drops of colostrum after he suckled so I don't know if he had anything but he was crying quite a bit, think he was too cold in the ward so we sent him back to nursery for time being. Will let him latched on again at 8+ later. Hopefully he did managed to get the colostrum.

According to the paed, baby should have sufficient to last him till tomorrow. They will have a threshold, when he loses too much body weight, they will let us know that need to formula feed him but for the time being, Just let him latch on and try to suckle.

So much for now, will update again tomorrow when my giddiness goes off completely. Take care

Awesome Birth Story Katherine!!

U take care and pray the Giddiness goes away soon!!

fynzy

Wow your labour time was quite short. About 4 hours!! Hope mine can be that fast too. Congrats!!! And have a good rest :)

Katherine57:715264 said:

Congrats n so happy for u...

nature59

Congrats! And recover soon!

GG2012

Congrats!! U did a great job already~ Have a good rest :)

morningdew2576

Congrats and take care..

teriwinkle

Yup! But at times I forgot about it and accidentally wash my hands with tap water. :(

Mreow Mreow:715251 said:
Waa...
Really can touch only boiled water?
Not even tap water?

Even when Juz washing hands?

teriwinkle

Hi Mummies, has anyone of your babies stay more awake during the night than day? If it is so, wonder how can we train them to adjust to our sleeping time.

EYA

Congrats Katherine57!

you were saying that u experience very hard pushing and cramps - but you were on epidural and you can feel that??

Mreow Mreow

Mummies who gave birth,

is it ok to wear contacts while giving birth naturally?

I cannot function w/o my contacts
And will be so uncomfy in my Specs during natural delivery if we aren't allowed to wear them!!

:(

nature59

Mummies who gave birth,

is it ok to wear contacts while giving birth naturally?

I cannot function w/o my contacts
And will be so uncomfy in my Specs during natural delivery if we aren't allowed to wear them!!

:(
Hi Mreow, I was wearing daily disposable contact lens during labour. =)

nature59

Hi Mummies, has anyone of your babies stay more awake during the night than day? If it is so, wonder how can we train them to adjust to our sleeping time.
Yeah! We don't let him sleep past his feeding time in the day and try to keep him more awake at night before his last feed and bedtime so he can sleep longer.

Yup! But at times I forgot about it and accidentally wash my hands with tap water. :(

Mreow Mreow:715251 said:
Waa...
Really can touch only boiled water?
Not even tap water?

Even when Juz washing hands?
Me too :( sometimes forgot n wash with tap water.
In the clinic now. Checking bb jaundice . Went down :( phew but need to reach 100 before he can discharge.. So must come bk a wk later.

teriwinkle

My bb has reached 99, so no need to go back for check up. Jiayou!

Thought confinement can't go out? I had my mum and hubby bring my bb for the check ups.

wobblymummy:715585 said:
Me too :( sometimes forgot n wash with tap water.
In the clinic now. Checking bb jaundice . Went down :( phew but need to reach 100 before he can discharge.. So must come bk a wk later.

teriwinkle

How to make them stay awake?

Mine doesn't like to sleep in the cot too, she tends to cry when we put her down. :(

nature59:715544 said:
Yeah! We don't let him sleep past his feeding time in the day and try to keep him more awake at night before his last feed and bedtime so he can sleep longer.