EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

joasiss

wobblymummy:715788 said:
Oh bought fenugreek today , ate one this morning, but anyone has any idea how many to be taken?
It depends on what dosage u buy. The one i have is 1-2 per day. What does the bottle say?

Congrats Katherine57!

you were saying that u experience very hard pushing and cramps - but you were on epidural and you can feel that??

Hi mummies, finally sane enough to update. I was placed on drip at 8.45am, by 9.45, the contraction started getting stronger. By 10.30, I asked for epidural becos cannot take the cramps anymore. Luckily my anaesthesist came at 10.45am and administered the drug. After that, I had this pressure to push and the nurse checked n I was 9cm dilated!!! And I was like 3cm 2 hrs ago. So started pushing and after an hr, my boy was born at 12.53pm. Very hard pushing and the cramps, omg.

Anyway after that I was all giddy and suffering from after effects of epidural and the medications. Puked and giddy. Then about 4+, they brought baby in n I tried to latch on more successfully. First time after labour wasn't very successful. Then about 6, tried latching on again becos seems like he wants to suckle though not sure if he managed to suckle anything. I squeezed and there's like two drops of colostrum after he suckled so I don't know if he had anything but he was crying quite a bit, think he was too cold in the ward so we sent him back to nursery for time being. Will let him latched on again at 8+ later. Hopefully he did managed to get the colostrum.

According to the paed, baby should have sufficient to last him till tomorrow. They will have a threshold, when he loses too much body weight, they will let us know that need to formula feed him but for the time being, Just let him latch on and try to suckle.

So much for now, will update again tomorrow when my giddiness goes off completely. Take care
Hi Eya,

My cramps went off after the epidural but can feel the pressure to push. They later switched off the epidural and I can feel the pressure and the ache in my thighs from all the pushing. Cramps a little bit, not as bad as before epidural.

Hi mummies, what do you let baby wear at home during the day?? Just a top n diaper or?? Do you swaddle the baby in the day time?

I'm not sure if i m latching on properly. The lactation consultant did come by and showed me how to do it but I realised with just one person, not possible to hold baby and open his chin to make mouth open big big then still need to hold breast and put into mouth, Aiyo!! Do u guys use the breastfeeding pillow?

nature59

Hi mummies, what do you let baby wear at home during the day?? Just a top n diaper or?? Do you swaddle the baby in the day time?

I'm not sure if i m latching on properly. The lactation consultant did come by and showed me how to do it but I realised with just one person, not possible to hold baby and open his chin to make mouth open big big then still need to hold breast and put into mouth, Aiyo!! Do u guys use the breastfeeding pillow?
Hi Katherine, just top and diaper and swaddle. Yeah it's not easy doing breast feeding alone. The breast feeding pillow helps a lot but I haven't get one. Will borrow from a fren.

EYA

katherine57

hope you and precious one are recovering well! we are supposed to POP on the same day and you already POPPED! i am so excited.
last night, i experienced one of the worst cramps ever.... i really dont know what to expect... sighhh..
Hi Eya,

My cramps went off after the epidural but can feel the pressure to push. They later switched off the epidural and I can feel the pressure and the ache in my thighs from all the pushing. Cramps a little bit, not as bad as before epidural.

B zhai

I'm experiencing a few times a day. Maybe 3-4 times a day. It feels like tummy tighten n bb sticking out her butt. And like menstrual cramp. Is that contraction or Braxton hicks ah?

Btw, mummies I'm scheduled to induce this coming Friday, 9th Nov. Feeling nervous. Can't bear to part w bb fr my tummy, but want to see her soon, to know she's healthy n gd. And also feeling scared of labour. :) :(

EYA

why are u inducing B zhai?

I'm experiencing a few times a day. Maybe 3-4 times a day. It feels like tummy tighten n bb sticking out her butt. And like menstrual cramp. Is that contraction or Braxton hicks ah?

Btw, mummies I'm scheduled to induce this coming Friday, 9th Nov. Feeling nervous. Can't bear to part w bb fr my tummy, but want to see her soon, to know she's healthy n gd. And also feeling scared of labour. :) :(

lyndi

Sounds like Braxton hicks! I think real contraction doesn't go away and consistently gets more and more frequent within the hour.

Bzhai, I think it's Braxton hicks if it is not painful. I missed having my baby inside me as well, funny feeling to have tummy flabby and nothing moving inside after so many months.

Btw, my baby has jaundice so cannot be discharged today. So sad... He has to go under the light. Doc said he's a little dehydrated because total bf n only have colostrum now so the nurses are supplying him with some formula milk now because under the lights will dehydrate him even more. I'm staying one more night in hospital so I can have him latch on to feed colostrum before they add on the formula milk. Hope he can go home tomorrow....

Dun worry Katherine, Bb be fine. Do rmb not to eat ginger if u breast feed till bb jaundice goes under 100. Little wont harm but not too much ok.

Had Jamu massage today n the therapist toddy me if ur breast feel sore , but 2 leafy of cabbage in freezer for 10min then aft apply it on the breasts . Hope it helps. I'm trying in awhile.

B zhai

Hi Eya, I got high blood pressure and gynae say have to deliver earlier. Bb is not getting enough nutrients from the placenta. Weight growrh is slowing down. My edd is 30 nov de. So this fri would be end of Wk 37. Hope bb would gain more weight these few days. Very stress ah seeing my bp going up higher each day despite medication. :(

B zhai

Hi Katherine, poor baby. Bb will be fine. Just bear with it for a while more n bb will be home with u soon!

EYA

oh dear. hope all is well over with u b zhai.
have a good rest before the baby is here.. dont worry abt labour, be strong! at the end of the tunnel, u will get to see ur cutesy babe :)

Hi Eya, I got high blood pressure and gynae say have to deliver earlier. Bb is not getting enough nutrients from the placenta. Weight growrh is slowing down. My edd is 30 nov de. So this fri would be end of Wk 37. Hope bb would gain more weight these few days. Very stress ah seeing my bp going up higher each day despite medication. :(

Thanks mummies for the encouragement. Baby is sleeping too much because of jaundice so not latching on for last breastfeeding, told nurses to formula Feed him again and expressed the colostrum using hand according to lactation consultant's advice. Half an hr and only got like a few drops, no wonder my boy keeps screaming whenever he's feeding, not drinking enough from the colostrum!

Bzhai, jia you jia you!