A choice for your children.

dek2k8

Alpha Male
Famous school or Normal one ;

Which type of school do you want your children to go for studying?

:we2Randy-git::tlaugh::001_302::001_302:

vion

I'm not reali into famous sch unless of cos it's near to my place. My dd got into a neighbourhood sch which oso has high standards. So famous or not, it's still the academic result I'm interested at minimal pressure on dd.

The pri sch tt dd is in is said to be 'famous in the neighbourhood'...:tlaugh:It's oni 5mins walk from my place.....

jedamum

I'm not reali into famous sch unless of cos it's near to my place. My dd got into a neighbourhood sch which oso has high standards. So famous or not, it's still the academic result I'm interested at minimal pressure on dd.

The pri sch tt dd is in is said to be 'famous in the neighbourhood'...:tlaugh:It's oni 5mins walk from my place.....
phase 2 C results is out...think you dd's school need balloting, right?
my 'ideal' school for my boys also need balloting..haiz.

vion

phase 2 C results is out...think you dd's school need balloting, right?
my 'ideal' school for my boys also need balloting..haiz.
Is it?? Not sure leh... Cos none of my frens ard me has child registering for next yr... Hehe but not surprised tt always end up in balloting. My dd got in thru balloting oso... Heng ah.... Phew...:Dancing_tongue:

jedamum

Is it?? Not sure leh... Cos none of my frens ard me has child registering for next yr... Hehe but not surprised tt always end up in balloting. My dd got in thru balloting oso... Heng ah.... Phew...:Dancing_tongue:
so balloting is you all go sit there and wait for them to call your name? how long? 2-3 hrs?
i need to be mentally prepared ... dh usually have not much luck, so i told him i will go alone when the time comes. :tlaugh:

SDY

Alpha Male
I'd rather dd not go to one of those prestigious schools mainly because of the pressure, but on the other hand, if she is able to cope, then I'm fine with it. Personally I was from neighbourhood schools and I don't think I came out badly :tlaugh:

jedamum

I'd rather dd not go to one of those prestigious schools mainly because of the pressure, but on the other hand, if she is able to cope, then I'm fine with it. Personally I was from neighbourhood schools and I don't think I came out badly :tlaugh:
but maybe if you did go to a more 'prestigious' school, maybe you will come out even better given the more exposure????
lol.
anyway, i chose a more 'prestigious' SECONDARY school, and it made a lot of difference. Primary school, maybe not so much.

SDY

Alpha Male
but maybe if you did go to a more 'prestigious' school, maybe you will come out even better given the more exposure????
lol.
anyway, i chose a more 'prestigious' SECONDARY school, and it made a lot of difference. Primary school, maybe not so much.
true, but then I might have caved in to the "pressure" and came out worse off...anyway, I was never one to like studying, just did enough so that I wasn't bottom of the class :001_302:

vion

so balloting is you all go sit there and wait for them to call your name? how long? 2-3 hrs?
i need to be mentally prepared ... dh usually have not much luck, so i told him i will go alone when the time comes. :tlaugh:
:tlaugh:Jedamum, when u go for registration, u will be informed of the balloting date if there's one.

For dd's sch, upon registration, we oredi got a no. Balloting was done by some parents who volunteered to do the taking out of ballot slips from the box of slips. Then the slips with name n registration no. were put on the screen for us to c one by one.

My heart almost stop when most of my fren's kid oredi got in then heng ah my dd's name got picked out (she's the 60th to be picked up), there were oni abt 100+ places left when balloting was called for.

Last edited:

jedamum

true, but then I might have caved in to the "pressure" and came out worse off...anyway, I was never one to like studying, just did enough so that I wasn't bottom of the class :001_302:
hm...just like my dh...always 'just do enough'. i always tease him, if he had 'just put in a bit more effort', his salary scale would have been slightly differenct cos of the different class of degree. :tlaugh:

jedamum

:tlaugh:Jedamum, when u go for registration, u will be informed of the balloting date if there's one.

For dd's sch, upon registration, we oredi got a no. Balloting was done by some parents who volunteered to do the taking out of ballot slips from the box of slips. Then the slips with name n registration no. were put on the screen for us to c one by one.

My heart almost stop when most of my fren's kid oredi got in then heng ah my dd's name got picked out (she's the 60th to be picked up), there were oni abt 100+ places left when balloting was called for.
thanks...think i gonna wear red and bring some lucky charm along on that day ba..haha. :) i never got picked for any lucky draw leh..so a bit worried. :tlaugh:

SDY

Alpha Male
:tlaugh:Jedamum, when u will go for registration n will be informed of ballating date if there's one. For dd's sch, upon registration, we oredi got a no. Balloting was done by some parents who volunteered to do the taking out of ballot slips from the box of slips. Then the slips with name n registration no. were put on the screen for us to c one by one.

So stressful...imagine if dd's name was pulled out at #100, may have to call for ambulance :laugh:

Sigh...my turn in 3.5 yrs' time:err:

SDY

Alpha Male
hm...just like my dh...always 'just do enough'. i always tease him, if he had 'just put in a bit more effort', his salary scale would have been slightly differenct cos of the different class of degree. :tlaugh:
ya lor, now when I think back too...study is only 20yrs :001_302:, but working life is 40+ yrs.

Friend

Same for me. I'm not really into famous school. I just got my son into the neighbourhood school which oso quite popular ard my place. He got into the school after Phase 2C after balloting from the 144 sitting. I got a few colleagues even started volunteering at those famous school 2 years before the enrolment. They are really :red:. I am still blur blur when come to my kids education. Remember I went to enrol my son in K1 when he is supposed to attend Nursery class at 4 years old.:embarrassed:

For me, i'm not so concerned abt his academic result but I'm more interested at whether my son enjoys going to school.
This school is oni 5mins walk from my place..:Dancing_wub:at least he will cut down his travelling time and relax.

vion

I'm so glad my stressful P1 registration was over. To u ppl who's yet to hv ur taste to it, GOOD LUCK, u will hv ur fair share in tis.... There's no running away..hehehe

M

^Mami_Jazz^

I'm so glad my stressful P1 registration was over. To u ppl who's yet to hv ur taste to it, GOOD LUCK, u will hv ur fair share in tis.... There's no running away..hehehe

i'm running away fm it .....:Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

mummy

when i had ds... i already know he will have to attend daddy's mission sch :bunsure: me-no-say-in-this-issue.
but i do thanked God that even though it's a 45mins sch bus ride from my home... but am so glad that i didn't have to worry/stress about him getting a placing of a sch. :twink:

M

^Mami_Jazz^

when i had ds... i already know he will have to attend daddy's mission sch :bunsure: me-no-say-in-this-issue.
but i do thanked God that even though it's a 45mins sch bus ride from my home... but am so glad that i didn't have to worry/stress about him getting a placing of a sch. :twink:
But 45 mins is a long journey. Is ur ds is am or pm session? I'm getting him into my old sch too but bus journey is a big problem to mi thou it shd be faster than 45 mins :elvis: