EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Lingz12

I havent got my pump yet too! Most prob getting online.. But haven decided whether to get a US freestyle set with no warranty tat is much cheaper or a US set with warranty tat is not as cheap but still cheaper than kiddy palace..

Yeah.. Time flies right.. So scary lor.. in less than 2mths time I will have another bb in my arms! Gg to see gynae tmr.. Hope my boy grows well.. Hee..

meltie

Ya loh same! Lingz12! My hubby say when no.2 come i sure cannot handle.. or we sure cannot make it.. he keep saying we need to hire a maid.. i just feel he doesn't wnat to get as involved liao.. esp after no.2 comes out, he finishes his scholarship and goes back to work.. he say he won't have time to help liao.. sighh but i feel time can we squeezed out one la.. i will slog harder loh.. if it means to skip meals and eat maggi mee etc.. hiring a maid is at the bottom of my list! I feel we can still cope one.. he's just unwilling liao... ask him bathe baby every night , he keep saying 'u think i house husband ar?' He got 1.5 days of sch per week only.. doing his final yr project.. he's just tired frm gaming.. everyday i let him go to sch do his project.. i slig at home, with my attention seeking no.1.. she screams and drains the energy out of me.. carry her in out of room coz once she goes onto the floor, she'll run ard and i can't afford to chase her and it'll be impossible to put her in playpen and highchair after that .. and i can't carry on w my chores.. need to defrost, cook and wash for her.. i just took ez way out to eat maggi mee for lunch coz simply no time to defrost anyhing this morning to cook .. so tired after this morning when she woke up whining and refuse to slp for 2 hrs.. hubby just snored away .. he slept at 3plus in the morning after he decided to off his comp.. 7plus gotta go out.. great planning right.. later he sure come home and say tired cannot do anyhing Zz if i ask him to help, he sure complain and say hire maid.. i just feel its all abt working as a team and helping each other out.. sighh

Am i asking too much of my hubby? :p Or being too harsh on myself?

Piglim

Mariassz u must be a first time mummy. Geeing from the way u describe how u r enjoying ur pregnancy journey! Hahah Gd. Enjoy while u can..

Meltie, I dislike strangers living in my hse too.. So for the first two years when hubby n I married we did the hsewk together (actually more like me doing it) then we kinda got a part time maid like for a 4 hours pay $50 and once a week. i hate ironing. so with her helping me with the stuff we were able to spend more quality time together. (I can spend lile 2-3 hrs just doing ironing on sat/sun!) the part time maid lasted all the way until i found myself preggy with my 2nd one. I realised i made more sense to employ one cos 1) cleanliness (somehow better than mopping the floor only once a week) 2) I didn't had to order tingkat so food wise more healthy 3) the heaps of baby clothes that needed to be hand washed. (As my washing machine is front load there ain't any baby powders for me to use. Plus I let my son wear washable diapers so I didn't want to hv urine smell in the washing machine. So anw I got my maid when I was into my 4th mth of pregnancy. While I wouldn't say it totally enjoyable I must say having one helper at hm really helps. 1) u can instruct the maid but u can't instruct ur mil/mum. 2) hse is much cleaner.

definitely I don't trust her or any outsiders so my mil is the one looking after the child while the helper does what she needs to do domestically. Just like last night if I didn't had her I may go crazy. My son was supposed to go CC today. 1st of sch. BUT he suddenly had fever for no apparent reason. I tot his fever will subside by Sunday but guess I was too optimistic. Didnt help that my hubby lately had this big crazy deal to work on and has been working for 23 hours every day for a week alrdy (yes he only slpt for 1 hr each day) so I had to handle my son alone (cos I don't trust the maid) the only time I let the maid look after my son is when I go to the toilet or when I shower or when I eat. As so becos my son was sick he vomitted twice on the bed. All his milk, dinner everytime came out. Can u imagine after changing the bedsheet u hv to change again almost immediately and the food on the bedsheet. Anw cos we rushed my son to kk hospital we let the maid do all the cleaning (it was alrdy 10pm) imagine if I just go off I will come back with mountains of ants!!!!! Ugh!!!!

Anw that's just want I can share. My maid ain't perfect. Caught her snoring away in the after n early evening! And when u say her she will show black face. But guess they r humans also, have feelings and will wanna laze etc. so my priorities are as longi as domestically the things r done i don't care what she does. We let her stay at hm when we go out for our family outing. She doesn't want to go out anyway and doesn't want off days. But we hv CCTV so we r monitoring her once In a while.

As for my son.. Haiz is there some virus going on? Dunno why my son suddenly fell sick when he didnt go out for that week at all. Ok maybe that 10 mins of playground on tues. no cough no runny nose and his fever temp goes up n down n up n down. Last night hit to 40.1 so we rushed him to kk. But after the inbufun med his temp went down to 37.2. Thot he recovered alrdy but at 3am his temp again went up to 40.5.. Sponged him fed him med n milk n he vomitted again. Settled things quickly n asked my hubby to slp cos I didn't want him to collapse either.. All these doing everything alone n it's not easy being so heavily preg now.

Supposed to be on leave for his CC but end up is look after my son. Haiz... His temp today also up n down. Luckily my mum came over and helped me apply the moe fan powder. The temp really went down immediately! Like so amazing. I m not a person who believes in old wives tale but things that doesn't need to be consumer I don't mind trying out. And it worked. So now I m crossing my fingers he will totally recover. Pls pls pls. ;(( my mum also helped me send his urine sample for testing which we had been trying to collect thru the night till today. My mil is totally useless. Times like this when u ask her for help she tell u "I got dental appt, tml then come" so totally no priorities.

Ok enuff of my ranting. Just wanna share for those whose child r also hving fever ESP high fever and u don't want ur child to go thru needles n poking for blood test do try this powder. No harm since its rubbed on the body/joints/face.

Tannie

Meltie , I think u r too harsh in urself... I wish my hubby is as relax when comes to hiring maid. Initially my sis suggested to get maid for my mum while she look after my gal but my hubby strongly against it. He so worried the maid will carry his princess and totally cannot accept it if the maid kiss his princess.

But luckily my mum can manage without a maid... else I duno wht to do sandwiched in between.

I agreed it's uncomfortable to have a stranger at home... but sometimes extra help is really good. If u dun hv to do hse work, u dun need to ask ur hubby to help, he will not grumble n both of u can have more qlty time... esp ur hubby alrdy told u tht he cannot help much after going back to work.

CharChia

meltie I feel u.... my husband also... asking men to take care of no.1 for awhile they complain tired... but about us who has been taking care the whole day... I always tell my husband no.1 dun have ur share ma? not ur child ah?

my husband is always playing hp games I always tell him to stop coz he needs to help with with no.1 and no.2 soon... if now he dun rest, next time more diffocult to rest but often falls on deaf ears... somemore he has no intention to intro electronic device to children early... makes me wonder how he going to stop the kids from asking for it if he is always on it himself...

Guess

Hi Ladies,

This is my first post in mummysg :)

I have been a silent reader for few months but today thought of registering myself. And also wanted to thank all you ladies for sharing wonderful information here.

I am 32 weeks and 4 days pregnant and have already started getting nightmares of labor pain. I am currently going for prenatal classes in KKH. So far all good. I have started shopping for lil one but confused on stroller. I preferred the preg prego completo 2013 as I find it light( will be travelling mostly by bus or mrt) and cute too but my husband prefers capella as it can be converted to face baby your side which i also think is important atleast for few months so that you can converse with them. but again I want lighter stroller too. So really confused

Also wanted to share with you a deal i got on breast pump in mothercare(KKH). set of electric breast pump, 10 storage cups, 1 feeding bottle, newborn teat pack, 18 disposable pads, pair of nipple protectors, nipple cream etc only for 229. I just thought it was a good offer so grabbed it up :) not sure if its still available.

Until now my pregnancy have been very smooth, no morning sickness and no cramps in leg. few more weeks remaining :) i hope remaining weeks goes as smoothly.

Also any ladies planning to deliver in KKH?

Thanks and Cheers!!

CharChia

Hi Guess, welcome to motherhood... I will also be delivering in KKH... Who is ur gynae? mine is Dr. Khoo CK...

With regards to stroller, it depends on who is using it more... It has to be comfortable and easy to use... As for me, i go out alot on my own with my no.1 using public transport... So I make sure the stroller is one hand operate so that i can carry no.1 and fold or open the stroller... n it is light for me to use one hand to carry the stroller up and down the bus since the other hand will be to carry no.1...

Guess

Hi Charchia,

My Gynae is Varsha Mulik not sure if she is good. Actually i am new to Singapore and had no idea about gynae so settled with whoever hospital suggested with. But so far everything is good so i don't have any complain.

Do you have any particular stroller to suggest? I would also be travelling mostly by public transport. Now I think I should give up my fascination for preg prego. I have seen one model of capella which can be operated by one hand. Also my preference would be a smaller stroller. As I myself am only 5ft. Earlier I thought to buy mclaren XT or XLR but realized it to be too big for me. I would somewhere be lost behind it :)

Thanks!!

Lingz12

Welcome Guess mummy! Like Charchia said, the stroller to choose depends v much on the use of it.. I bought a capella for my #1.. I like it for the precise same reason as ur hubby, tat it is a reversible stroller and bb can face us in initial mths and it can be opened or closed with one hand.. The price is oso v attractive for a reversible stroller.. And I mus admit the reversible function is v useful in the initial mths.. But I find capella nt v lasting leh.. I dunno if the problem lies with me.. But the wheels are like wearing and the alignment seems out after 1.5yrs of use.. Usage is nt v heavy leh.. And it is rather heavy.. Till now, I have nvr brought my girl on a bus cos I dunno how to juggle her and fold e stroller wen e bus is moving.. But no problem with mrt or lrt..

Now tat #2 is coming and in view tat my capella is slowly coming apart, we recently bought a peg perego p3.. Though nt reversible like capella, I find it more sturdy.. And I find it higher than capella which is better for my aging back.. hahaha.. anyway since I dun plan to go anywhere alone with bb frequently in the initial mths, e reversible function is nt v impt.. and if I do go out with bb, I would likely have company.. they can then walk in front and keep an eye on the bb..

So it all depends on ur usage and ur needs and then weighing the options la.. see wat is more impt to u.. happy stroller shopping!

Hi Guess, I recently bought the capella cony 2013 model because of it's one hand fold, reversible handle and travel system function. I like it that I can attach the infant car seat onto the stroller so I would not have to wake up a sleeping baby from the car to the stroller. The wheels seems sturdy too. Oh ya, I also like it that it has a full canopy so the baby can sleep in the stroller when we are outside without curious stares from the public and can block off the lights. The seats are well cushioned and all too plus the price is also reasonable. Haven't get to use it yet since I am a first time mummy, but I hope I made the right choice :)

meltie

Hi Guess, I recently bought the capella cony 2013 model because of it's one hand fold, reversible handle and travel system function. I like it that I can attach the infant car seat onto the stroller so I would not have to wake up a sleeping baby from the car to the stroller. The wheels seems sturdy too. Oh ya, I also like it that it has a full canopy so the baby can sleep in the stroller when we are outside without curious stares from the public and can block off the lights. The seats are well cushioned and all too plus the price is also reasonable. Haven't get to use it yet since I am a first time mummy, but I hope I made the right choice :)
Hi jessybebee! I have been using Capella Cony 2012 model! It has its pros and cons.. i bought it intially to use, but the shifting baby in n out of carseat was terrible so i bought Quinny zapp extra with maxicosi pebble carseat.. it was super useful as a travel system.. we drive so its very convenient, and the quinny wheels were easy to manage.. i changed back to capella this yr after my no.1's legs got too long to sit in the carseat to be attached on the quinny frame, and lazy to attach zapp extra seat.. so i found capella quite ez to use as it can be folded and stand on its own.. can fold with 1 hand movement,, but not everytime successful coz the seat lining may get caught and u gotta redo and push it in.. and.. after frequent usage, the wheels now got creaking sound.. like gonna come apart anytime.. :p I like the full canopy too, baby can sleep in it and blocks off light and rain.. but it has a very inaccessible small basket... unlike my quinny which i could easily put my big diaper bag underneath.. so i have been carrying diaper bag and pushing the capella.. the ability to front and reverse facing of the seat can be quite useful at the beginning when baby is young, but as they grow older, we felt it's better if they face front coz they like to see things... after i got pregnant, i feel using capella is easier to travel but both hubby and i still don't like one thing.. baby tends to have bad posture and slouch in the seat.. her back is bent.. no matter how i try to support with cushions.. she slides down.. so now hubby insist i use back zapp xtra seat(but gotta take apart and set up, not ez).. sigh maybe we need to check out a new stroller.. just sharing my experience.. :)

I think most imptly, we need to get a stroller that matches our purpose! Whether lightweight is priority or not.. capella can easily topple haha when i put too many stuff behind and pick baby up.. but lightweight is impt in taking public transport and travelling alone w baby.. :p gotta try out and weigh the pros and cons loh.. jiayou!! Its just like choosing cars! Different forms and functions for different uses!

meltie

Mariassz u must be a first time mummy. Geeing from the way u describe how u r enjoying ur pregnancy journey! Hahah Gd. Enjoy while u can..

Meltie, I dislike strangers living in my hse too.. So for the first two years when hubby n I married we did the hsewk together (actually more like me doing it) then we kinda got a part time maid like for a 4 hours pay $50 and once a week. i hate ironing. so with her helping me with the stuff we were able to spend more quality time together. (I can spend lile 2-3 hrs just doing ironing on sat/sun!) the part time maid lasted all the way until i found myself preggy with my 2nd one. I realised i made more sense to employ one cos 1) cleanliness (somehow better than mopping the floor only once a week) 2) I didn't had to order tingkat so food wise more healthy 3) the heaps of baby clothes that needed to be hand washed. (As my washing machine is front load there ain't any baby powders for me to use. Plus I let my son wear washable diapers so I didn't want to hv urine smell in the washing machine. So anw I got my maid when I was into my 4th mth of pregnancy. While I wouldn't say it totally enjoyable I must say having one helper at hm really helps. 1) u can instruct the maid but u can't instruct ur mil/mum. 2) hse is much cleaner.

definitely I don't trust her or any outsiders so my mil is the one looking after the child while the helper does what she needs to do domestically. Just like last night if I didn't had her I may go crazy. My son was supposed to go CC today. 1st of sch. BUT he suddenly had fever for no apparent reason. I tot his fever will subside by Sunday but guess I was too optimistic. Didnt help that my hubby lately had this big crazy deal to work on and has been working for 23 hours every day for a week alrdy (yes he only slpt for 1 hr each day) so I had to handle my son alone (cos I don't trust the maid) the only time I let the maid look after my son is when I go to the toilet or when I shower or when I eat. As so becos my son was sick he vomitted twice on the bed. All his milk, dinner everytime came out. Can u imagine after changing the bedsheet u hv to change again almost immediately and the food on the bedsheet. Anw cos we rushed my son to kk hospital we let the maid do all the cleaning (it was alrdy 10pm) imagine if I just go off I will come back with mountains of ants!!!!! Ugh!!!!

Anw that's just want I can share. My maid ain't perfect. Caught her snoring away in the after n early evening! And when u say her she will show black face. But guess they r humans also, have feelings and will wanna laze etc. so my priorities are as longi as domestically the things r done i don't care what she does. We let her stay at hm when we go out for our family outing. She doesn't want to go out anyway and doesn't want off days. But we hv CCTV so we r monitoring her once In a while.

As for my son.. Haiz is there some virus going on? Dunno why my son suddenly fell sick when he didnt go out for that week at all. Ok maybe that 10 mins of playground on tues. no cough no runny nose and his fever temp goes up n down n up n down. Last night hit to 40.1 so we rushed him to kk. But after the inbufun med his temp went down to 37.2. Thot he recovered alrdy but at 3am his temp again went up to 40.5.. Sponged him fed him med n milk n he vomitted again. Settled things quickly n asked my hubby to slp cos I didn't want him to collapse either.. All these doing everything alone n it's not easy being so heavily preg now.

Supposed to be on leave for his CC but end up is look after my son. Haiz... His temp today also up n down. Luckily my mum came over and helped me apply the moe fan powder. The temp really went down immediately! Like so amazing. I m not a person who believes in old wives tale but things that doesn't need to be consumer I don't mind trying out. And it worked. So now I m crossing my fingers he will totally recover. Pls pls pls. ;(( my mum also helped me send his urine sample for testing which we had been trying to collect thru the night till today. My mil is totally useless. Times like this when u ask her for help she tell u "I got dental appt, tml then come" so totally no priorities.

Ok enuff of my ranting. Just wanna share for those whose child r also hving fever ESP high fever and u don't want ur child to go thru needles n poking for blood test do try this powder. No harm since its rubbed on the body/joints/face.
Oh dear hope your son is better now Piglim! I also got afew friend's toddlers down with high fever for no reason! Some friends suggest its a bug going around, some suspect its roseola.. gotta watch for rashes that appear after fever subsides.. I hope its just a passing viral fever..

Thanks for sharing about the maid experience.. i understand that it will definitely alleviate some problems at home but i'm also worried that it creates more problems for us.. gotta think and think loh... :p

Charchia, ya man are like that! Sigh the initial plan for the smaller room was for baby room, not he has set up his computer and gaming stuff.. he says why not let baby slp the other room.. den my no.1 how? sleep in our master bedrm? still co slp? sigh.. we also not into introducing devices to our babies.. :p Hmm the man always think we v free at home and nothing to do.. more relaxing than them at work.. if switch roles, i guess they can't even tahan awhile w our babies!! My hubby always try to avoid being w baby alone.. and bringing her out.. even feeding her.. always i need to be the one and be around.. never had one undisturbed meal.. and baby is stuck to me whereevr i go.. zzzz he kept saying coz i sahm mah, its my job ..... :/ i no need break one loh..

Hi jessybebee! I have been using Capella Cony 2012 model! It has its pros and cons.. i bought it intially to use, but the shifting baby in n out of carseat was terrible so i bought Quinny zapp extra with maxicosi pebble carseat.. it was super useful as a travel system.. we drive so its very convenient, and the quinny wheels were easy to manage.. i changed back to capella this yr after my no.1's legs got too long to sit in the carseat to be attached on the quinny frame, and lazy to attach zapp extra seat.. so i found capella quite ez to use as it can be folded and stand on its own.. can fold with 1 hand movement,, but not everytime successful coz the seat lining may get caught and u gotta redo and push it in.. and.. after frequent usage, the wheels now got creaking sound.. like gonna come apart anytime.. :p I like the full canopy too, baby can sleep in it and blocks off light and rain.. but it has a very inaccessible small basket... unlike my quinny which i could easily put my big diaper bag underneath.. so i have been carrying diaper bag and pushing the capella.. the ability to front and reverse facing of the seat can be quite useful at the beginning when baby is young, but as they grow older, we felt it's better if they face front coz they like to see things... after i got pregnant, i feel using capella is easier to travel but both hubby and i still don't like one thing.. baby tends to have bad posture and slouch in the seat.. her back is bent.. no matter how i try to support with cushions.. she slides down.. so now hubby insist i use back zapp xtra seat(but gotta take apart and set up, not ez).. sigh maybe we need to check out a new stroller.. just sharing my experience.. :)

I think most imptly, we need to get a stroller that matches our purpose! Whether lightweight is priority or not.. capella can easily topple haha when i put too many stuff behind and pick baby up.. but lightweight is impt in taking public transport and travelling alone w baby.. :p gotta try out and weigh the pros and cons loh.. jiayou!! Its just like choosing cars! Different forms and functions for different uses!
Hi meltie,

Thanks for sharing your experience :) There is some improvisation on the cony 2013 model I think.. Like bigger and more sturdy wheels, bigger basket and heavier stroller.. So hopefully it's better than the 2012 model.. But I do agree it's quite difficult to fix the infant car seat when I tried.. Need to get the hang of it..

Anyway, the quinny zapp xtra has a newer model which is with folding seat, so maybe you can consider that.. there's no need to fix up the whole thing anymore, you can fold the stroller together with the seat. However it is not one hand fold.. But the price is reasonable too.. That time taka fair got promo..

miso

Hi Mummies, wanna ask for reviews on unimom breast pumps. I'm looking at electric double pumps. It will be good if it is portable so I can pump when i go back to work. Medela is too expensive i think. Unless it's really that good?

Any recommendations will be good. Thanks!

meltie

Hi meltie,

Thanks for sharing your experience :) There is some improvisation on the cony 2013 model I think.. Like bigger and more sturdy wheels, bigger basket and heavier stroller.. So hopefully it's better than the 2012 model.. But I do agree it's quite difficult to fix the infant car seat when I tried.. Need to get the hang of it..

Anyway, the quinny zapp xtra has a newer model which is with folding seat, so maybe you can consider that.. there's no need to fix up the whole thing anymore, you can fold the stroller together with the seat. However it is not one hand fold.. But the price is reasonable too.. That time taka fair got promo..
Yup, the quinny zapp xtra got new model that doesn't need to be detached.. but i can't buy another one haha coz my seat is still v new.. just started using.. :p hmm so guess i gotta make do.. i'm thinking of getting another one hand fold and lightweight stroller in the near future when i need to handle both no.1 and no.2... esp if i'm gonna bring both out alone.. need to sling no.2 in carrier and hands gotta operate an easier stroller.. i find capella cory still abit heavy to lift up esp w one hand.. quite bulk still... guess i'll just stick w it awhile more and see how.. meanwhile going out w quinny w hubby.. he dowes the setting up... i'm keeping the quinny frame to go with the maxi cosi carseat for no.2.. coz it really works wonders.. my no.1 started sitting in it at 3mths+ and it was smooth journey, snug all the way.. slept in car and could stay in it and watch us shop and eat for hours.. :) hope no.2 will love it.. ;)

Guess

Thank you Lingz12 for insights.

I surely don't like capella one for how it looks but the price seems to be too tempting for reversible stroller.

I am thinking of to buy stroller in April baby market fair. Until then Lets see if I can come up with some more options :)

Guess

Congratulations jessybee.

yes, full canopy is another important aspect for me too. And capella seems to me be well worth the money.

I never thought that buying stroller would be this confusing. well I am on my way searching and researching :)

CharChia

I too have a capella which is under use... I have another called polka... polka is a super cheap brand bought it for $99... easy to fold and carry up n down a bus... but no full canopy... I like it coz the seat can lie down 180 which is good for infant spine... plus seat is wide and long... also handle can be front or back... cheap amd durable... there was once we used to transport cartons of packet drinks, nearly 8 cartons i think, for chinese new year and still in good working condition...

Melancholy

Mummies, how about peg prego? I used to have a Capella too but it was too heavy and bulky.

currently my #1 is using maclaren quest.