EDD May 2014 (maybe)

Tannie

I dun pump out milk, v lazy to do so... latching my gal every 3 hrs... now she starts to suck for an hr for both breast... life so bored lor... sleep, eat, latch...

Feel like sneaking out to buy things. .. like baby clothes. .. my #2 is akinnier compared to #1... clothes r too big... even huggies nb diaper is too big for her... will slide down some how. ..

Tannie

Melancholy, if ur breast feel hard, meaning ur have engorgement. Try to massage ur breast before breastfeeding. Try to massage when u r having hot shower.

I think calling LC is free unless u go down n consult them. They will teach u how to massage, clear ur blocked ducts n teach u to latch. U dun hv a confinement lady?

Lingz12

Melancholy.. tat sounds like blocked duct to me.. I suffered from tat a few days ago wen milk jus came in.. now the blocked ducts on my boobs are cleared but I have a lot on my armpits not cleared.. super disgusted.. and bb is a poor latcher.. latch till my nipples crack and bleed.. and I kept latching him until he puke strawberry milk.. sighz.. my jamu massage lady saw the condition of my nipples and heartpain me.. told me to stop latching a few days for nipples to recover and to pump in e meantime.. but pumping is so ma fan.. have to keep massage, pump, hand express, pump again, massage again.. damn tired..

Tannie.. u can jus latch every 3hrs? Tat means ur bb manage to drain yr breast quite effectively leh.. so good.. the first few days I latch my boy every 2hrs.. he like nt enuff.. so I top up fm.. then wen I kena blocked duct I realise it mus be his poor latching so he is nt taking enuff from my boobs so cry for fm and hai me kena blocked ducts all e way up to armpits.. sighz! My breastfeeding journey for #1 wasnt so tough!

Melancholy

Melancholy, if ur breast feel hard, meaning ur have engorgement. Try to massage ur breast before breastfeeding. Try to massage when u r having hot shower.

I think calling LC is free unless u go down n consult them. They will teach u how to massage, clear ur blocked ducts n teach u to latch. U dun hv a confinement lady?
Nope i don't have a CL. Doing confinement on my own with my hubby's help.

Melancholy

Is it normal if she sucks for very long? Cause my nipple keep dropping out once she stops sucking. And i can't stand the pain at my butt when i sit for too long when she wants to keep sucking.

Hi mummies, didn't manage to come in here due to busy taking care of my girl. Today is my postpartum day 5 and my milk came in yesterday.

my breast feels so pain when i press on them. And there's something hard on my right breast. Having difficulty latching my girl mainly cause i don't know how? Am I having blocked ducts?

have tried to pump out but i think i'm too lazy already. I only pump out once a day :x

btw if call LC to help are they very expensive?

Have started to bottle-feed her fm since the day i got discharged and i feel so depressed whenever she's drinking fm, afraid that she will get nipple confusion :(

but when i latch her i have to keep finding ways to put in her mouth cause my breast and nipple are very big. Sigh
I think u better put some heat pad or hot towel on the affected part.. massage and keep pumping to clear the blocked ducts!! I used to think its bearable and the pain got worse till i cant even sleep.. and latching on or pump proves to be too painful to bear even for a min.. and after each engorgement...supply drops.. so do take care to clear it!

Melancholy

I think u better put some heat pad or hot towel on the affected part.. massage and keep pumping to clear the blocked ducts!! I used to think its bearable and the pain got worse till i cant even sleep.. and latching on or pump proves to be too painful to bear even for a min.. and after each engorgement...supply drops.. so do take care to clear it!
So i put a hot towel and massage at the first time? How should i massage actually?

xiongmao

Mummies, my MIL cooks all my food with lots of ginger. I am sure if I should eat them since I am breastfeeding and my little gal is down with jaundice. Any idea?

Lingz12

Melancholy:870460 said:
So i put a hot towel and massage at the first time? How should i massage actually?
Ya.. u put a hot towel on ur boobs for a while.. then press down on the hard part and massage in circular motion first.. then press and push towards the nipple.. but I find hot towel dun realli work for me.. cos it cools v easily.. so I tried wat meltie suggested.. took a brands chicken essence bottle and filled it with hot water.. then apply it on the hard part and massage.. I jus use the bottle to knead my boobs cos I had a v bad case of blocked duct and I dun have much strength to massage my boobs.. I find using the bottle to knead works.. haha.. but mus bear with the pain.. and initially if the bottle is too hot, I wrap it in a small towel first to prevent scalding myself.. hope it works for u.. im still trying to unclog those at my armpits.. sighz..

Lingz12

xiongmao:870461 said:
Mummies, my MIL cooks all my food with lots of ginger. I am sure if I should eat them since I am breastfeeding and my little gal is down with jaundice. Any idea?
Yeah.. I oso heard to avoid ginger if u are breastfeeding a jaundice bb.. my CL still uses ginger a lot.. but I jus dun eat them..

Melancholy

Ya.. u put a hot towel on ur boobs for a while.. then press down on the hard part and massage in circular motion first.. then press and push towards the nipple.. but I find hot towel dun realli work for me.. cos it cools v easily.. so I tried wat meltie suggested.. took a brands chicken essence bottle and filled it with hot water.. then apply it on the hard part and massage.. I jus use the bottle to knead my boobs cos I had a v bad case of blocked duct and I dun have much strength to massage my boobs.. I find using the bottle to knead works.. haha.. but mus bear with the pain.. and initially if the bottle is too hot, I wrap it in a small towel first to prevent scalding myself.. hope it works for u.. im still trying to unclog those at my armpits.. sighz..
Ok i will try it out. Thanks!

Initially i put hot towel on the affected part and once warm and not so pain, I will massage in circular motion slowly closer and closer to nipples.
I had it so blocked that there is skin over the duct on nipple. i was so scared thought got growth or blister. I googled and turns out it is actually a skin covering. it is real bad coz it is even harder to clear it.

anyway after massage, I will put hot towel again then use pump. Then latch. Have to repeat a few times. Have to massage with abit of force too. Eventually dere are spaghetti looking stuffs when I pump! That is the dried stuck milk!

For convenience sake, i bought those reusable heat / cold pad, sometimes i freeze it, sometimes put in hot water. Good thing is towel is wet so you have to put on and wait but if you use the pads, you can put it in the bra and do other things =)

Need persevere. need to bear with the pain to clear it! And avoid wearing bras with underwire. try wearing those sports bra style nursing bras else if pressure from bra can also cause blockage under bust.

My doc ask me to avoid all confinement food. I told my MIL abt baby jaundice so she only put big slices and so got the flavour but i dont actually eat them..
but i think more imptly is just keep feeding bb till all toxins passed out will be ok!

Lingz12

Mummy Pris.. where do u get the reusable heat pads? My jamu massage lady uses them too.. I find them more convenient than hot towels.. I wanted to buy from her but she says she doesnt have new ones to spare anymore.. :(

Anyway.. I dun wear bra at hme now.. cos my nipples are all cracked and sore and bleeding from my boy's poor latch.. the friction from e bra is too much for my poor nipples.. so I jus put thick layers of nipple cream and go braless at home..

Mummy Pris.. where do u get the reusable heat pads? My jamu massage lady uses them too.. I find them more convenient than hot towels.. I wanted to buy from her but she says she doesnt have new ones to spare anymore.. :(

Anyway.. I dun wear bra at hme now.. cos my nipples are all cracked and sore and bleeding from my boy's poor latch.. the friction from e bra is too much for my poor nipples.. so I jus put thick layers of nipple cream and go braless at home..
Lingz.. u can ask yr hubby to buy from Guardian. I bought the housebrand one. There is this small one which fits very nicely in the bra. And being small. Can heat up or freeze more quickly.

Wont yr milk leak? I have bad leakage so i had to wear bras. No choice and my breastpads sometimes also run places when I sleep. Ends up i just roll bb napkin and insert to hold with my bra.
I hav a stage where the soreness was bad and i bought nipple shield from Avent. Din work well for my girl when she latch on coz i also cant feel if she is latching on well. But it helps to shield friction with bras!! Maybe can ask yr hubby to get for u too.

Can put on breastmilk on nipple and air dry..works well too to relieve some pain!

Lingz. One more trick which I din use but highly recommended by my ex collegues. Cold cabbage!! She says really help to relieve the soreness. Very funnie say the cabbage ends up as though cooked coz it becomes warm and soft!

Mummies in confinement or tummy too big to walk..
Got online flash sale eh! Spotted pampers for NB! I used that for my girl during her first month before i switch over to Goo.N. hope u guys can find something suitable n useful. Online deals worked so well for me during my confinement haha and ever since i got hooked!!

Super Deals – Categories – Supermom Bazaar

Mummies in confinement or tummy too big to walk..
Got online flash sale eh! Spotted pampers for NB! I used that for my girl during her first month before i switch over to Goo.N. hope u guys can find something suitable n useful. Online deals worked so well for me during my confinement haha and ever since i got hooked!!

Super Deals – Categories – Supermom Bazaar