1st semi-solids

Yes, i'm a stay at home mum. :)

When JUST starting baby on semi-solids, better to give only 1 meal first. Anyway, when baby first eats semi-solids, he may only eat a few teaspoons of food! :D

When you mean feed porridge, is it plain porridge or does it have other ingredients inside? If it's plain porridge, you can mix the single puree with the porridge in 1 meal instead of giving it at 2 separate meals. Remember the 4-day wait rule though when it comes to feeding more food and giving him combinations of food.

After baby starts to get used to eating semi-solid food then you can increase the quantity and the frequency of feeding. :)
ic so u r spenting every precious moments w yr baby:)

Ok thks:) Oh ya hor, i nvr think of it to mix it tgt.

Yes plain porridge, i was thinking to feed him apple puree and plain porridge SEPARETLY. .hehe thanks ar:)

For the rice to cook porridge, any brand also can OR any brand tat r suitable for my dear son when he turns 6mths?

Ok thks for the reminder on the 4days waiting rule:)

snowbear

ic so you are spenting every precious moments w your baby:)

Ok thks:) Oh ya , i never think of it to mix it together.

Yes plain porridge, i was thinking to feed him apple puree and plain porridge SEPARETLY. .hehe thanks ar:)

For the rice to cook porridge, any brand also can OR any brand that are suitable for my dear son when he turns 6mths?

Ok thks for the reminder on the 4days waiting rule:)
Yes, i get to spend every moment with her! :Dancing_wub:

You gonna start with apple puree? Hmm, apple puree with porridge is a bit strange.. hehe... i was thinking of those vegetable purees when i suggested mixing the puree with the porridge. But you can give it a go anyway. It may just be a hit with your ds. Usually i mix fruit puree with cereal rather than porridge. It's just my personal preference :D

I use organic brown rice to cook porridge for my dd. For very young baby must grind the rice grains till powdery then cook, otherwise the bb will choke on the husks of the brown rice grains.

annie

i prefer mixing fruits with cereal and vef with porridge also but i did try apple puree with porridge n my girl is ok with it lol.

Yes, i get to spend every moment with her! :Dancing_wub:

You gonna start with apple puree? Hmm, apple puree with porridge is a bit strange.. hehe... i was thinking of those vegetable purees when i suggested mixing the puree with the porridge. But you can give it a go anyway. It may just be a hit with your dear son. Usually i mix fruit puree with cereal rather than porridge. It's just my personal preference :D

I use organic brown rice to cook porridge for my dear daughter. For very young baby must grind the rice grains till powdery then cook, otherwise the baby will choke on the husks of the brown rice grains.
haha ya also abit weird to add fruits puree into porridge to feed him but mayb can give it a try:)
If Vegetable puree, what shd i start first with?
Ok fruit puree with cereal, can I give my ds fruit juice? blend the fruit and add water to give him?
Ic, me also giving my ds brown rice, yes i washed it and let it dry under the sun and blend it to prowder.

i prefer mixing fruits with cereal and vef with porridge also but i did try apple puree with porridge and my girl is ok with it lol.
Hi Annie, ic u did put apple puree into yr dd porridge and she liked it:)
my ds coming 6mths, can I give him puree and porridge alternate days?
Like today apple w cereal, tmr porridge (example), then the third day: puree

annie

not a problem as long as u follow the 4 days wait rule. i give my girl a variety of food.. sometimes morning cereal, afternoon porridge(of cos got add fuits n veg la) hee. sometimes she will be eating porridge for her 2 meals in the same day but i will mix different veg for her in the morning n afternoon. so in a sense, her menu change every meal hehe

snowbear

haha ya also abit weird to add fruits puree into porridge to feed him but mayb can give it a try:)
If Vegetable puree, what should i start first with?
Ok fruit puree with cereal, can I give my dear son fruit juice? blend the fruit and add water to give him?
Ic, me also giving my dear son brown rice, yes i washed it and let it dry under the sun and blend it to prowder.
You can try carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, peas... for more veg and when to start, you can refer to www.wholesomebabyfood.com. :001_302:

Hmm, i'm not for giving fruit juice at such a young age as i dun wanna cultivate the habit of drinking sweet drinks. Just give fruits direct instead of giving juice.

You can alternate the food given instead of giving the same thing every day. Just make sure that you have already tested that your ds is not allergic to those foods.

You can try carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, peas... for more veg and when to start, you can refer to www.wholesomebabyfood.com. :001_302:

Hmm, i'm not for giving fruit juice at such a young age as i dont wanna cultivate the habit of drinking sweet drinks. Just give fruits direct instead of giving juice.

You can alternate the food given instead of giving the same thing every day. Just make sure that you have already tested that your dear son is not allergic to those foods.
Ok thks :)
Ya u r right, later they wil hv sweet tooth, give fruits direct?do i nd to puree it?
Ok on the 4day wait rule, tks for reminding.

not a problem as long as you follow the 4 days wait rule. i give my girl a variety of food.. sometimes morning cereal, afternoon porridge(of cos got add fuits and veg ) hee. sometimes she will be eating porridge for her 2 meals in the same day but i will mix different veg for her in the morning and afternoon. so in a sense, her menu change every meal hehe
Ok tks Annie. Ok noted on the 4 day wait rule. Ic, ya if not sian to hv the same menu everyday.

But what the different kind of veg that u mixed with in the porridge? can my ds take broccoli at 6mths old?

snowbear

Ok thks :)
Ya you are right, later they wil have sweet tooth, give fruits direct?do i need to puree it?
Ok on the 4day wait rule, thanks for reminding.
Yes, you will need to puree fruits for 6-month-olds. :)

wholesomebabyfood.com suggests giving broccoli at 8 months due to the fact that some babies may get wind due to the inability to digest it properly.

annie

yeah snowbear already ans the qn. i gave her when she reach her 8mths mark also.

i add many things into her porridge leh. eg brocoli, carrots, sweet potato, green peas, potatoes, pumpkin, fish(salmon only at the moment), chicken breast meat etc etc. too many cant remember hehe. then sometimes add fruits to her cereal or give seperately..

Yes, you will need to puree fruits for 6-month-olds. :)

wholesomebabyfood.com suggests giving broccoli at 8 months due to the fact that some babies may get wind due to the inability to digest it properly.
Ok will puree it if not my ds wil get choke. Ya I just read in the website, thought can give broccoli at 6mths.

yeah snowbear already ans the qn. i gave her when she reach her 8mths mark also.

i add many things into her porridge . eg brocoli, carrots, sweet potato, green peas, potatoes, pumpkin, fish(salmon only at the moment), chicken breast meat etc etc. too many cant remember hehe. then sometimes add fruits to her cereal or give seperately..
Yup only can broccoli 8mths, thks.

Wow yr dd porridge looks so delicious with so many veggies:) so fun and excited to make food for our babies.:)

annie

i gave my girl spinach when she is 8mths old. hehe. so far so good.

i dun add all the veg into the same meal la hehe. cos need to balance out.. u got to see how many grams of veg/fruit to give per meal and how many grams of carbo to give also.. so i always 'measure' properly..

i gave my girl spinach when she is 8mths old. hehe. so far so good.

i dont add all the veg into the same meal hehe. cos need to balance out.. you got to see how many grams of veg/fruit to give per meal and how many grams of carbo to give also.. so i always 'measure' properly..
Ic, ok thks.

I wan to check for storing puree food, i read on that once after puree, i tranfer the food to ice cube tray and put into the freezer and later on to freezer bags, where can i buy the freezer bags from and issit necessary?

annie

can get from supermarkets. its necessary cos u need the ice cube tray for other puree. so better transfer them into bags..

snowbear

Dear Annie & Snowbear,

Is spinach veggie, can only give at 10mths old onwards? read at wholesomebabyfood.com, is it?
Thks
I think i oso intro spinach at abt 8mths. Just wash thoroughly n try to buy organic spinach

You can get freezer bags from supermkts. I usually buy e ziploc freezer bags.

I think i also intro spinach at about 8mths. Just wash thoroughly and try to buy organic spinach

You can get freezer bags from supermkts. I usually buy e ziploc freezer bags.
Ok will intro spinach to my ds later on:)

Ok will go buy freezer bags tmr. thks to snowbear and annie:)

uddermummy

anyone using the baby cubes?
i bought one tray with 8 compartments. They should be enuf for the first 2 weeks when dd is only on one solid meals right?

How do you use the normal ice tray? Do you have to cover it with ziplock bags or cling wraps? Worried that the purees will be contaminated by the other raw food in the freezer.