1st time mummy needs help with gynae

Judyn3o

Mrswan

Dizziness, Nausea, gas, cramping, tender breasts,bloating, constipation and vomiting I hv all these. I feel that is good in a way that this also shows the hormones are increasing and also a sign of bb is growing. Today my symptoms seem ok and improving. That's what I worry too. Try try try not to think too much. I leave everything to fate. Cant help it but to cry a bit just now. Haiz. I know I shouldn't but just can't help it. Try to do something just to focus on instead

mrswan

*hug* I fully understand how you feel, we rather have all these bad symptoms so that we know the pregnancy is processing, our baby is growing. There is up and down, today you may feel better but next day suffering again. When is your next scan? Im sure you will see your precious blinking dots :)

mrswan

oh ya, you may ask your gynae to give you Dydrogesterone or Duphaston, my gynae prescribed to me during my 2nd preg. Guess is more like an tai yao.
Duphaston
(Dydrogesterone) is a synthetic hormone similar to progesterone, the hormone essential for developing a healthy womb lining.

Hakida

oh ya, you may ask your gynae to give you Dydrogesterone or Duphaston, my gynae prescribed to me during my 2nd preg. Guess is more like an tai yao.
Duphaston
(Dydrogesterone) is a synthetic hormone similar to progesterone, the hormone essential for developing a healthy womb lining.
Mrswan,
We have very similar situations.I too have a miscarriage at 12 weeks of pregnancy.I was walking ,standing a lot during my first pregnancy.Totally devastated.....But I am not so lucky as you.You got preggie again after a few months..I got preggie after 6 years just when I Think I wouldn't be able to have any children for the rest of my life.As I was already 32 years old.But miracle,just happen.And my obstetrician also gave me duphaston to stablize my pregnancy and strongly advice me to rest more.
I am very lucky to have a good boss and colleague .They do most of the work and tell me not to move around.
Now I have a chubby 5 months plus girl.

mrswan

Mrswan,
We have very similar situations.I too have a miscarriage at 12 weeks of pregnancy.I was walking ,standing a lot during my first pregnancy.Totally devastated.....But I am not so lucky as you.You got preggie again after a few months..I got preggie after 6 years just when I Think I wouldn't be able to have any children for the rest of my life.As I was already 32 years old.But miracle,just happen.And my obstetrician also gave me duphaston to stablize my pregnancy and strongly advice me to rest more.
I am very lucky to have a good boss and colleague .They do most of the work and tell me not to move around.
Now I have a chubby 5 months plus girl.
Oh so sad to hear that *hug* but as long we dont give up, it will happen. Yes minimize movement, slow mode on hehe... time to relax

Judyn3o

*hugs* Thanks Mrswan and Pampered Pwincess.

Mrswan: ya I took that hormones pill too but was only prescribed for 2 weeks and had finished last 2 days ago. Ya. You are right. The symptoms come and go. Yesterday vomited once. Then yesterday morning was the worst day. I was really having severe morning sickness. Was tested dehydration and was given drip. After dripped, the kk doc took my urine test and said glucose quite high maybe due to the drip which contains sugar. Ask me do I hv diabetic. Of cos no! Before I drip, my urine test all along is ok. Then she said its ok. Just look out. Maybe its really due to the drip. I was quite angry then cos I thot they are doing bad for my body and bb. Luckily I insist to have only one bag of drip. They actually wanted to drip 2 bags! I can't imagine what if I was really given 2 bags. Think my sugar level will shoot up even more. Scary! This coming Thurs, I'm gg for u/s again. I will ask my gynae to test my sugar lvl. Will definitely tell her this incident. Now I can't take food and drink with sugar. Just in case... So sian.

Pampered Pwincess: my appt is in 31 may. I really hope that my little bb will be good bb. Show us the heartbeats with good beats. My sis told me that they only go for scan around 7 weeks plus to 8weeks. By then heartbeats will be easily detected. Based of my last scan. I should be 7w1d on 31st. Hopefully can detect.

My gynae told me. She is not so worried cos I still have morning sickness. Keep on telling me not to worry. So I pray hard...

Ladies, who is your gynae? Mine is Dr Judy Wong fm TMC. So far, I find that she is patient and good in explaining. She is also quite reassuring. I feel quite comfortable with her.

mrswan

Wah so scary, they should be more careful on your condition as you are in the early stage. Went to KK women clinic before (my first preg), it was Sunday, did scan to check how many wk im in. There is an indian female doc so unfriendly, her face is like ppl owe her money. When she scan mine, see nothing, not even sac. Then said a lot of scary things with her stupid face!!! Make me feel more worst, didnt even bother to console me. Lucky I waited and look for a good gynae to check.

My gynae is Dr Koh Cheng Huat at Toa Payoh Central, he is very good and many yrs of experience. Friendly and humor, but waiting time very long, more than an hour. Stitching is good, is very impt that a gynae is good in stitching so that you will recover very fast. Think mine took abt 1-2 wks, I dont feel much pain. I will definitely go back to Dr Koh for my 2nd bb, feel im safe in his hands haha. Previously was Dr Adrian Woodworth (did my miscarriage) he is chop chop doc and cold (not much expression but still nice). Alt he is very good, experienced and popular too but I prefer someone more friendly and smiley. Both gynae price are reasonable and quite cheap, both can deliver in TMC and Mt A. Mine is in Mt A, thumb up for their delivery nurses. They are friendly and will calm me when I nervous.

rellako

My gynae is Dr CH Koh from TPY central too. A very experienced and humorous gynae, got medical ethics and not out to scram ur money. Won't ask u to go for unnecessary checkup or buy unnecessary meds. Very pro-natural too. His package n price are very reasonable. I'm currently pregnant with my second child and still go back to him. But do get prepared for the waiting time even though u made an appt in advance. And his nurses, can be rude at times. But guess they are just overly busy la haha.

Judyn3o

Pampered Priwncess,

Ya. Cos that morning I was really feeling dizzy so my hb sent me down to kk O&G clinic. I was also served by an Indian doc. Most of their doc there are Indians. The doc all like so inexperience and ya cold I agree! Total unfriendly. Nurses all quite ok. Got one philippine nurse friendly. The stupid doc said if after drip still dehydrate, I hv to admit immediately. Luckily after a bag of drip, I am ok. I sat there dripping for an hour. I wanna go mad. Time crawled so slow. Wanna cry out!

Now I hv to keep drinking water to keep myself hydrated. Can't wait to see my bb again. I will nv go back to kk again. Supposed to be a hospital for women and kids with knowledgable doc then turn out such lousy doc and service. All like 'who cares' attitude!

Judyn3o

Oh ya. Pampered Pwincess, I think ur check up quite long wait leh. Still need to wait for like about a month later then can scan. Is it the normal checkup routine or your gynae is fully booked? Wow... If me, I sure impatient...

Do u get constant headache? I do. On and off. Like my head going to burst. Both sides pain.

mrswan

My gynae is Dr CH Koh from TPY central too. A very experienced and humorous gynae, got medical ethics and not out to scram ur money. Won't ask u to go for unnecessary checkup or buy unnecessary meds. Very pro-natural too. His package n price are very reasonable. I'm currently pregnant with my second child and still go back to him. But do get prepared for the waiting time even though u made an appt in advance. And his nurses, can be rude at times. But guess they are just overly busy la haha.
Yes waiting time very longgggg, he is popular so no choice. Yes he will said no need waste money unless you are very rich and driving Ferrari hahaha... Ya nurses not very smiley but there is a china gal not bad.

mrswan

Yes so disappointed with KK service and we first time mum really need support from gynae and nurses... haiz

Oh I scanned almost once in 2-3 weeks, a month is abit longer. Maybe she want to give more time for baby development.

Judyn3o

Hmm... Think everyone will have their own some unique symptoms. Ya. KK O&G is their do called A&E and yes their doc there have shift. This moment u can c this doc, another moment change another one and the another one will ask u the same qns the first doc had asked u. U gotta keep repeating yourself. And also yes, kk O&G has many Indian female doc. I don't know why also. Anyway I will never go back there again. I did heard that the drip with medicine contains sugar. My hb heard it too and that's y the doc said glucose level quite high. I think I am ok now cos I dun have diabetic. I drink alot of water and pee alot. Think all the sugar I pee out already. Haha.

Judyn3o

Hi Pampered Pwincess,

Yes! I had u/s yesterday and I saw my bb's heartbeats! Omg! It's so amazing! My gynae is happy with everything so I think I should be happy too. :) EDD is on mid Jan. :)

Thanks for the concern!

Judyn3o

Ok. That will be great to share! I ok to join so join under what? 2013 mummies? I will join after June cos I dun wan ppl to know I am preggie now. Not 3 months yet. Haha.

tealeaf

pampered pwincess, at wk 12, you can see the form of the baby already. Very amazing.

My appointment is also stretched over 4-5 weeks. week 7 - heartbeat. week 12 - baby form. then week 17 and week 20. my next appointment is early july because I am overseas now. I can't wait to see the baby, but knowing that she's doing well inside my womb (she likes to kick and punch) makes me feel assured :)

Judyn3o

Added! :)

Hi Tealeaf, my next appt i will be 12 weeks 4 days. Doing the Oscar scan. :) Wonder how my bb doing now. I'm 9 weeks today.

tealeaf

Judyn3o, as long as you don't have spotting or painful cramps, your baby is doing fine. 3 more weeks and you can see your baby. I still have 4 more weeks to go .....