2011 - Anyone doing IVF? Succes?

d3s1r33

and $6k from medisave :) got to standby at least 2-3K... just incase more medication.
Erm...don't need that much. It will cost less than 1k cash. Puregon will be using medisave and Lucrin is like $100 only the most you will use 2 small bottles.

For your guide, my case I jab Lucrin for 6weeks and puregon + Lucrin 10 days, cash out less than $700. :)

Last edited:

liliankoh

thanks reiann!! really Hope so...

I went to Normal Polyclinic for a check up (not able to conceive) and was referred to KK (Cheaper too).. when for a full body check up so as my hubby too.. realised i have blocked tude and hubby sperm was ok at time.. (Year 2007)

We wait another 3.5 year, still no new so we decided we cant wait anymore.. waited too many time.

From the day we are ready, i went for most checkup again, scanning etc.. waited for 2 mth for our turn.

i am glad finally i am in my day 14 injection already... Miracle please bless up!

how about you?
All the best

liliankoh

Hi Reiann, i was then 26 only.. Now 30 looo... i shouldnt have waited till now..

today just went to collect my #2 injection, gonna inject for 7 days starting from tmr...

see the needles kinda make me even scared but think of the coming baby i will Jia You! Good luck to u :)

how long have u tried? have both went for body check up?
Hi Mymiracle

Can share the flow, thanks, i will be starting this month when my mense comes

xie xie

Erm...dont't need that much. It will cost less than 1k cash. Puregon will be using medisave and Lucrin is like $100 only the most you will use 2 small bottles.

For your guide, my case I jab Lucrin for 6weeks and puregon + Lucrin 10 days, cash out less than $700. :)
Hello d3s1r33, for your case, is the 3k govt grant factored in or this is just the outstanding balance based on the max $6k medisave withdrawal?
Thanks!

liliankoh

Hello...work may be important but since you have spent so much time on doing ivf! I suggest you should at least rest 1week before heading back to office since your boss are really that demanding. The HL is meant for you to rest so that the transferred embryos can stay in your womb. You should by resting on bed most of the time, less sitting up or walking. :001_302:

I had my first and last ivf in 2010 June with Dr S.F Loh, my sweetie was born this year in Feb. :shyxxx:
I rested for the 2weeks by sleeping and eating only :p , I minimize my movement at home too. Erm...I had pregnancy symptoms at the beginning of 2nd weeks after transferred.
My thinking during ivf at that moment was "at least I did my part to rest well even if I failed NO regrets"! :Dancing_tongue:
Dear d3s1r33

Are you working at that time?

How long did you rest before going back to work?

Which line are you in if you dont might, as i hear if back to work, workload n stress contribute to unable to harm the baby, worr as i will be starting my ivf this month

d3s1r33

Hello d3s1r33, for your case, is the 3k govt grant factored in or this is just the outstanding balance based on the max $6k medisave withdrawal?
Thanks!
Both factored in! <$700 is the cash payment for lucrins and others medication/ fee.

d3s1r33

Dear d3s1r33

Are you working at that time?

How long did you rest before going back to work?

Which line are you in if you dont might, as i hear if back to work, workload n stress contribute to unable to harm the baby, worr as i will be starting my ivf this month
Hello lilian,

yes I m working when I did my ivf. I rested for the full 2weeks HL. Before I started ivf I changes my profession to work as Accounts/admin now. My previous job was sales & operations quite stressful, in order to have 100% concentration on my ivf I gave up my beloved

The 2 weeks rest is very very important in order to get preg I reckon. After preg going back to work you cannot be too stressful otherwise your baby will have a stressful look later. Lol

All the best to your ivf!

Last edited:

liliankoh

Hello lilian,

yes I m working when I did my ivf. I rested for the full 2weeks HL. Before I started ivf I changes my profession to work as Accounts/admin now. My previous job was sales & operations quite stressful, in order to have 100% concentration on my ivf I gave up my beloved

The 2 weeks rest is very very important in order to get preg I reckon. After preg going back to work you cannot be too stressful otherwise your baby will have a stressful look later. Lol

All the best to your ivf!
Thanks, d3s1r33

i am in hr, does account needs to work OT? stressful? workload heavy? actually i am quite worry and thinking of delay it to next yr but doctor doesnt agree as i am already 36. I am able to rest 2 weeks but still need to manage some works from home and after 2 weeks, i will be busy as it is near yearend, so very worr can the bb went through the stress n workload especially 1st 3 mths

d3s1r33

Thanks, d3s1r33

i am in hr, does account needs to work OT? stressful? workload heavy? actually i am quite worry and thinking of delay it to next yr but doctor doesnt agree as i am already 36. I am able to rest 2 weeks but still need to manage some works from home and after 2 weeks, i will be busy as it is near yearend, so very worr can the bb went through the stress n workload especially 1st 3 mths
Ya you shouldn't delay it any further. Our eggs will decrease as we grow older.
I don't work OT usually I managed my own time and try to leave on the dot. My work load not constant when there projects I will be more busy.
In fact for 1st trimester it is still ok to work so long u dun deal with heavy duty item....u have to managed your own stress well and try not to work too late cos u will be more tired than anyone. I believe if u are pregnant your colleagues will be double helpful towards u. That's the treatment I got from my colleagues. :)

Both factored in! <$700 is the cash payment for lucrins and others medication/ fee.
Thanks d3s1r33! Essh.... my gynae's in pte practice which means I can't get the $3k grant *sobs* But I'm doing IUI first because of the cost and also because it seems less scary thn IVF. Gynae limiting me to only 2 IUI cycles before switching to IVF though. Hopefully I will strike with my upcoming IUI! *fingers crossed* :wong2:

d3s1r33

Thanks d3s1r33! Essh.... my gynae's in pte practice which means I can't get the $3k grant *sobs* But I'm doing IUI first because of the cost and also because it seems less scary thn IVF. Gynae limiting me to only 2 IUI cycles before switching to IVF though. Hopefully I will strike with my upcoming IUI! *fingers crossed* :wong2:
Oh is it? Which hospital? I thought pte will stll get full subsidize from govt too only differences are price.
Anw, best of luck to your iui.

liliankoh

Ya you shouldn't delay it any further. Our eggs will decrease as we grow older.
I don't work OT usually I managed my own time and try to leave on the dot. My work load not constant when there projects I will be more busy.
In fact for 1st trimester it is still ok to work so long u dun deal with heavy duty item....u have to managed your own stress well and try not to work too late cos u will be more tired than anyone. I believe if u are pregnant your colleagues will be double helpful towards u. That's the treatment I got from my colleagues. :)
Thanks, d3s1r33

Me starting injection end sep, worry n scare

travellingrain

Hi every1, im also looking at the option of IVF...but stil hesitating due to a few factors. Also worried about the injections, the ladies here seem so brave! Can any1 share how its done? sorry if i sound kinda silly to ask this..but i can't imagine how to inject and where??
Also heard about how the injections are not gd for our body? Is there any truth to this, i wonder?
Salut to all ladies here, doing so much and going thru all everything that we can have our own precious baby..

Hi Neobeehong,

yes, for Lucrin just keep injecting, heard the nurse mentioned this is to protect our lining.. Cant stop it.

today (5th Sept)
Lucrin - Day 21
Puregon - Day 5

I am visiting the doctor this thursday for a scan to see how's my "eggs" doing, from there, doctor will arrange the (ml) for Puregon again.
How is your injection cycle like start from day 16 or 21 after menses?

Hello...work may be important but since you have spent so much time on doing ivf! I suggest you should at least rest 1week before heading back to office since your boss are really that demanding. The HL is meant for you to rest so that the transferred embryos can stay in your womb. You should by resting on bed most of the time, less sitting up or walking. :001_302:

I had my first and last ivf in 2010 June with Dr S.F Loh, my sweetie was born this year in Feb. :shyxxx:
I rested for the 2weeks by sleeping and eating only :p , I minimize my movement at home too. Erm...I had pregnancy symptoms at the beginning of 2nd weeks after transferred.
My thinking during ivf at that moment was "at least I did my part to rest well even if I failed NO regrets"! :Dancing_tongue:
Did you go for any acupunture or taken any chinese medicine before/during IVF?

I heared that acupunture will help to support & smooth the IVF process.

What symptoms did you have during 2nd week after ET?

d3s1r33

Nope, i did not go for any treatment before/after ivf. Not true that acupunture will helps cos i have a gf went thru the whole process of acupunture and ivf but she did not get pregnant. I believe in fate too.

I start to feel real sleepy and gets hungry easily on my 2nd week, after breakfast and lunch i definitely need to nap for 2hrs and tea break is a must at that time. i had at least 5 meals a day it's 5 main meal not snacking type. i'm a owl but i slept between 9-10pm everyday during my rest. I'm kinda little suspect that i'm preg so i tend to be extra careful with my every moves. I did the preg test kit 1 day before i go back to hospital for blood test. :)

mymiracle

Hi All,

finally i am in my 2 weeks waiting now.. saw the 2 embryo placed into me.. almost tear... baby dust.... heading to KK for preggy test on 30 th sept.

Good luck all :)

mymiracle

Hi Mymiracle

Can share the flow, thanks, i will be starting this month when my mense comes

xie xie
Hi Liliankoh,

I booked a date with KK and was waitlisted for 2 month.. So, my process start here, (in between, there're alot of scanning and blood test) I became a regular, same for all... lots of time commitment.

27th Jul: Cycle 1, Day1 AF visit (call doc to make appt for Day21 which is 16th Aug)
16th Aug: Start my Lucrin injection, everyday
26th Aug: Cycle 2, Day1 AF visit (continue with Lucrin)
1 Sept: Start Puregon (+ Lucrin)
12 Sept: Retrieve Egg + Sperm
14 Sept: Ovum insert
Every 3 day need to inject pregnyl for 4x.
MC from 12 - 30 Sept (but i am back to work on 26)
Result test on 30th Sept. Wish me good luck!!

today is AF due date, please dont visit me, give me a break... i had a test yesterday and today, got 2 faint positive line, but worried is bcos of the pregyl injection.. so i shall monitor these few day till 30th my visit to KK.

My AF using (+)(-) 1/ 2 days, so cross fingers.....

Good luck to you too.