2011 - Anyone doing IVF? Succes?

Sabbychew

Hi there,

I'm super duper nervous!!!! Starting mine in Feb. Tones of worry. Am 34 not sure if it's too invasive... If my body can take it.. If hubby can support me well, if I become too emotional , if my work will be affected, if my team understand me if I need to go on long hl... And the list goes on... If i can take the blow if not successful..... Need help. Anyone with success pls share. Anyone out there gone thru ivf... What do I need to prepare ... Emotionally..... Help?????

jonquil31

Hi there,

I'm super duper nervous!!!! Starting mine in Feb. Tones of worry. Am 34 not sure if it's too invasive... If my body can take it.. If hubby can support me well, if I become too emotional , if my work will be affected, if my team understand me if I need to go on long hl... And the list goes on... If i can take the blow if not successful..... Need help. Anyone with success pls share. Anyone out there gone thru ivf... What do I need to prepare ... Emotionally..... Help?????
Hi Sabby,

I've been thru IVF last Oct and am currently 15 weeks preg. Just wanna say that being calm and level minded goes a long way for IVF since the journey can be quite bumpy at times. I know there are a lot of "what ifs", but just believe in yourself that you (with the support of hubby) will be able to handle it as it comes. There is no need to worry about them now coz they haven't even happened yet. You do sound quite nervous and edgy so do try to relax. Remember, there are research that shows that stress also affects the outcome of IVF. Mindset is very impt. Do some simple yoga deep breathing, go pak tor with your hubby, do something enjoyable for yourself. Those of us who did IVF survived the procedures and you will too! =) So chill, don't overworry, just plan for things that are within your means to plan for now and I wish you best of luck for your IVF journey!

jonquil31

Hey thanks. Who did u see? Congrats btw. Did u did your at kk??
I started my fertility treatment at KK initially but I didn't like it there so I switched. My current gynae's clinic is at TMC (TLC clinic) and I did my IVF under CARE. Her name is Eunice Chua.

babymoo

hi jonquil31...
I'm under IVF just finish my egg retrieval.....nw waiting for doc's next step

which lvl ur dr is @?
then ur dr name?

jonquil31

hi jonquil31...
I'm under IVF just finish my egg retrieval.....nw waiting for doc's next step

which lvl ur dr is @?
then ur dr name?
Hi babymoo,

My gynae is at lvl 3, TLC clinic. Her name is Eunice Chua. Very nice gynae.

Good for you on the ER, one milestone complete! Hope your harvest was good! =)

babymoo

Icic... Mine is dr cheng... Manage to retrieve get 7 mature n fertilized =D

Nw waiting for doc to c if I could do ET as I'm a PCOS he's afraid I get hyperstimulation .

Sabbychew

Oh my! Happy to hear you had 7 successful egg!!
My period spotting now.. Time to start my pill tomorrow... Deep breathe no scare. Please got bless me with zero side effects!

jonquil31

Icic... Mine is dr cheng... Manage to retrieve get 7 mature n fertilized =D

now waiting for doc to c if I could do ET as I'm a PCOS he's afraid I get hyperstimulation .
Congrats! That's a good start. =) I'm PCO too and I didn't do immediate ET as I was already overstimulated by my ER. Best of luck to you!

babymoo

Sabby: wat pill r u starting on?

Jonquil31: I'm not hyper but doc don allow me to do ET !!! I'm so disappointed.... I need to keep chasing for ans as they did not update me =(
Tot I could do ET tmr... Sadden...

jonquil31

Sabby: wat pill r u starting on?

Jonquil31: I'm not hyper but doc don allow me to do ET !!! I'm so disappointed.... I need to keep chasing for ans as they did not update me =(
Tot I could do ET tmr... Sadden...
Oh dear... Sorry to hear that. I know what that must feel... Bo bian... Now just have to stay patient until they schedule the FET... /pats on back

BabyLew

Hihi.. I am new here.. gg to start my ivf procedure in Apr 5th at SGH.. anyone under Dr Herma (SGH) here? feeling super gan jiong and dont know what to prepare for the upcoming procedure =(

babymoo

thanks.....just got a reply just nw tt i need to take a medication for 12days n let menses come to start my FET.....=)
dunno hw true izzit ...ppl keep saying FET chances of conceive is higher.....>.<

can't wait man !!! this whole IVF is getting me impatient hahahaha.....first clinic moving so delay by 1 mth.....next os of cny delay by 1wk.......nw need to freeze them delay by 1 mth...... my baby just don wanna come to me T-T

Oh dear... Sorry to hear that. I know what that must feel... Bo bian... Now just have to stay patient until they schedule the FET... /pats on back

babymoo

hi babylew....mayb u like to try wat I'm doing.....=)

I'm taking folic acid everyday.....ginseng ( pao sheng ) once a while.....just relax n don stress urself as it will affect the result of the follies growth and the embryos which are fertilized successfully.
as for hubby everyday ginseng ( pao sheng) + cordyceps .... the embryos result seems gd....=)

Hihi.. I am new here.. gg to start my ivf procedure in Apr 5th at SGH.. anyone under Dr Herma (SGH) here? feeling super gan jiong and dont know what to prepare for the upcoming procedure =(

Sabbychew

Sabby: what pill r you starting on?

Jonquil31: I'm not hyper but doc dont allow me to do ET !!! I'm so disappointed.... I need to keep chasing for ans as they did not update me =(
thought I could do ET tomorrow... Sadden...

Hi,

On contraceptive pills for 16 days then start prengnyl and puregon.
Wish me luck. Nervous of weight gain. Friend on it's said expect 3-5kg!!
Anyone here lost weight instead?? Ha!

babymoo

So u r on first pharse rite? Not to worry my weight maintain the same just + - 0.3 to 0.5kg .... =)

Hi,

On contraceptive pills for 16 days then start prengnyl and puregon.
Wish me luck. Nervous of weight gain. Friend on it's said expect 3-5kg!!
Anyone here lost weight instead?? Ha!

BabyLew

Thanks Babymoo for your advise =) I was told by my Dr that due to my hormo result, I am more prone to OHSS, wanted to check if that's the case, can I still take in daily folic acid? My Dr is now on vacation and will on be back 31st Mar.. So now I am leave all alone =( I have bought folic acid from the pharmacy but dun dare to take it yet..

jonquil31

thanks.....just got a reply just nw tt i need to take a medication for 12days n let menses come to start my FET.....=)
dunno hw true izzit ...ppl keep saying FET chances of conceive is higher.....>.<

can't wait man !!! this whole IVF is getting me impatient hahahaha.....first clinic moving so delay by 1 mth.....next os of cny delay by 1wk.......nw need to freeze them delay by 1 mth...... my baby just don wanna come to me T-T
i had to wait out one cycle for my ohss to recover and do fet the subsequent cycle. so that was 2 cycles of waiting. i understand the feeling. the waiting is sooooo painstaking!

not sure if fet gives better chances but i did get knocked up on fet so maybe? :p anyway i did a full medicated cycle so i think having the medicated support definitely helps more than relying on my own body's super unreliable hormonal system...

babymoo

any nurse who can assist u? u seeing doc @ where?
cos i won't b going back to clinic till 14/2 .....so can't check for u.....>.<
cos mine is PCOS not OHSS so I'm not very sure

Thanks Babymoo for your advise =) I was told by my Dr that due to my hormo result, I am more prone to OHSS, wanted to check if that's the case, can I still take in daily folic acid? My Dr is now on vacation and will on be back 31st Mar.. So now I am leave all alone =( I have bought folic acid from the pharmacy but dun dare to take it yet..

babymoo

hmmmm......seems OHSS n PCOS is similar? ya !! I'm on medicated cycle now oso.....

i had to wait out one cycle for my ohss to recover and do fet the subsequent cycle. so that was 2 cycles of waiting. i understand the feeling. the waiting is sooooo painstaking!

not sure if fet gives better chances but i did get knocked up on fet so maybe? :p anyway i did a full medicated cycle so i think having the medicated support definitely helps more than relying on my own body's super unreliable hormonal system...