2011 - Anyone doing IVF? Succes?

jonquil31

hmmmm......seems OHSS n PCOS is similar? ya !! I'm on medicated cycle now oso.....
Well, in a way... PCOSers are more prone to OHSS coz our ovulation mechanism is whacked up...

Anyway, BabyLew, from what I know, folic acid has no effect on OHSS. You can probably continue taking. Taking egg whites (as raw as possible & loads of it) helps to ease off OHSS. It's eeky but it works. Recommended by my embryologist and you can read quite a bit of literature of it on the net. Take care and all the best!

BabyLew

Thanks Babymoo =) Mine is at SGH under Dr Herma.. think I will call the nurse to check.. at meanwhile will eat more egg white.. I saw from other forum that drinking red date + wolfberry helps too.. so maybe will start drinking that too =)

babymoo

Don drink cool stuff n don mix too many kind of medicines... The most impt thing relax !!! Ehhe... Icic.... Mine is @ Thomson medical centre...
Me too esp after ER u need to eat tons of fish n eggs as ER will take away a lot of protein... My experience is tt after ER best to hav mc for 2 days as no appetite n very tired.. After ER bed rest n soft diet...
If u need any info let me noe =)

shijiaxin

Hi Ladies,

I am going for IVF too, but will be done at NUH by Prof Wong.
Not sure anyone here know about NUH or Prof Wong's skill...

maddie

I just tried IVF in December 2011 at SGH with Dr Yu Su-Ling. Went through the painful process of injections on the tummy using Lucrin and perugon hoping that the whole process would be a success. However, after I took the blood test for the final round on 20th Jan 2012, the results came back BFN. :( It was a very heavy blow to me. I cried and cried thinking that god dun want me to have a baby. My husband has low motility and morphology. I tried 2X IUI also unsuccessful. :( I have edometrisis before and have went through a surgery to take out the blood cyst. But until now I still never conceive. Sad! I am at a lost. Duno do what thing then will be successful already. I am married for a year as of 29 Jan 2011. Please give me your advice and comments as to what I can do. I am currently waiting to see Dr Yu Su-Ling for the frozen cycle.

babymoo

Don giv up... Im married for 5yrs ++ not pregnant at all.... Some ppl said tt frozen cycle chance is higher ... Jiayou !! As leat u can try fresh cycle... I'm force to take frozen cycle straight due to I'm a PCOS ...

I just tried IVF in December 2011 at SGH with Dr Yu Su-Ling. Went through the painful process of injections on the tummy using Lucrin and perugon hoping that the whole process would be a success. However, after I took the blood test for the final round on 20th Jan 2012, the results came back BFN. :( It was a very heavy blow to me. I cried and cried thinking that god dun want me to have a baby. My husband has low motility and morphology. I tried 2X IUI also unsuccessful. :( I have edometrisis before and have went through a surgery to take out the blood cyst. But until now I still never conceive. Sad! I am at a lost. Duno do what thing then will be successful already. I am married for a year as of 29 Jan 2011. Please give me your advice and comments as to what I can do. I am currently waiting to see Dr Yu Su-Ling for the frozen cycle.

maddie

I was like "what the hell!! When the results came back BFN la" So sad and disappointed by it. Keep on asking myself why the embryos did not implant. And I still have no idea why. Maybe its not time as yet or could be like toto and 4D. It takes time to try. And the charges are not that cheap at all. :( Because menses came the day after the test result, I was like totally devastated. I will try the frozen cycle again to see how lo..No confidence though...After the 2 weeks wait will come the time to "cry" again.

dont give up... Im married for 5yrs ++ not pregnant at all.... Some ppl said that frozen cycle chance is higher ... Jiayou !! As leat you can try fresh cycle... I'm force to take frozen cycle straight due to I'm a PCOS ...

babymoo

i had been humiliated by my mother in law for not having a baby till nw , going thru diff kind of treatments and spending tons on doctor fee but result = zero.
i noe the feeling u r running thru.......just keep urself relax......cos the more stress the more negative the result will b...

I was like "what the hell!! When the results came back BFN la" So sad and disappointed by it. Keep on asking myself why the embryos did not implant. And I still have no idea why. Maybe its not time as yet or could be like toto and 4D. It takes time to try. And the charges are not that cheap at all. :( Because menses came the day after the test result, I was like totally devastated. I will try the frozen cycle again to see how lo..No confidence though...After the 2 weeks wait will come the time to "cry" again.

maddie

I know...Must relax and be positive all the time. I will be seeing the Chinese Sinseh tmr called Dr Su. Heard from the people in the forum that she is not bad. Shall go and try and seek her opinion and see how..

i had been humiliated by my mother in law for not having a baby till nw , going thru diff kind of treatments and spending tons on doctor fee but result = zero.
i noe the feeling u r running thru.......just keep urself relax......cos the more stress the more negative the result will b...

babymoo

I tried TCM.... Not much of a use.... Unless u r doing acupuncture... Other than tt the herbs which they give u cannot mix with ivf cycle medication which they will ask u to stop taking Chinese herbs... I spent $1k per mth till I gave up cos eventually the herbs which I could get myself r much better quality than ones they give me... N the price is much cheaper than them.

I know...Must relax and be positive all the time. I will be seeing the Chinese Sinseh tmr called Dr Su. Heard from the people in the forum that she is not bad. Shall go and try and seek her opinion and see how..

BabyLew

Hi Maddie,

Stay positive k.. try to relax n dun stress yourself..
When will you be trying on your frozen cycle?

maddie

Hi BabyLew,

I will be seeing the doc at SGH on 24 Feb for the frozen cycle. As to when it will start I am not sure. Maybe in March. Meanwhile I am taking Chinese Medicine to tiao my body as well as the womb.

Hi Maddie,

Stay positive k.. try to relax n dun stress yourself..
When will you be trying on your frozen cycle?

maddie

Dear Babymoo,

I haven start the frozen cycle as yet. So I think taking the chinese medicine should be alright. I am also doing the demoxification using acupuncture method for fertility issue. Hope it will help my womb and body a bit.

I tried TCM.... Not much of a use.... Unless u r doing acupuncture... Other than tt the herbs which they give u cannot mix with ivf cycle medication which they will ask u to stop taking Chinese herbs... I spent $1k per mth till I gave up cos eventually the herbs which I could get myself r much better quality than ones they give me... N the price is much cheaper than them.

babymoo

Thanks !!! Ya lor ivf so ex... =(
Frozen cycle... Cos I'm a PCOS ... They don allow me to do fresh cycle... Hw many eggs u manage to fertilize tt time?

Fresh cycle or Frozen cycle? Good luck ya? IVF is seriously not cheap....:(

maddie

I only manage to fertilize 4 eggs. :( Not that many. 2 of them I used in fresh cycle but was not successful. :( Now remaining 2 more which are frozen lo.

Thanks !!! Ya lor ivf so ex... =(
Frozen cycle... Cos I'm a PCOS ... They don allow me to do fresh cycle... Hw many eggs u manage to fertilize tt time?