2ww n early pregnancy symptoms

makino

Hi sphyaw

On the day of your menstration cycle (MC), you call IVF centre
From D2: start oral Microgynon for 21 days to suppress hormones
From D3: start Lucrin at 10iu/day
About a week later: Ultrasound & blood test
Above will take 2-3 weeks
Then start D1 of puregon together with Lucrin (total 2 jabs a day)
Thereafter its regular scans to track progress of follicles and adjustment of the dosage of puregon.

HTH ~

DreamBB

Hi Makino,
Really? For IVF only fork out $1K cash will do ? Thought it need about $20K. For my 1st IUI, I spent $560 and for my 2nd IUI, I spent $433( included ultrasound). My two IUIs were natural IUI.
My Boss hates employee take mc n take leaves. He even said how sick he is still will also come to work. And said why we cannot do the same. Everytime when we took mc or applied leaves he definitely will make noise on us. Most of my colleagues had left the company because unable to tolerate his nonsense. Now i'm the only one left in the office. Hence, it is more difficult for me to take leave n mc. I have been working in the company for almost 9 years n my mc rate is very low.This year I'm already taken 4 days mc, my boss was indirectly warned me he will cut my bonus :(
I have a lot of concern. To conceive have to sacrifice something...

makino

Hi DreamBB, I'm sorry to hear of your unsupportive boss. Mine is a little better than yours though. Perhaps we're in an MNC and c'mon, not like the company belongs to her either. Cut bonus? The world is round. His meanness will come back to him one day hahahahha ..

For my 1st IVF cycle:
government subsidy $3K
medisave $6K (2nd cycle: 5K, 3rd cycle: 4K)
balance about 1K in cash for pre-puregon medicine, jabs, blood test, sperm test, and mandatory insurance $291.

Well, if you include medisave, then yes the entire cycle will cost you over $7K (depends on the length of treatment, more drugs, more $$). But cash wise, it is very very affordable .. I'm going to consider other options like maybe IUI .. During ET, dr loh said I actually do not need IVF cos my hubby sperms are strong swimmers! so maybe maybe i will discuss other options with him ..

Its good you are putting having a baby a priority over your bonus. I'll be rooting for you!! I would gladly sacrifice my bonus if it can give me that baby / babies we want!!

babymoo

Wat I suggest is to discuss with ur hubby cos my doc at first oso say 3 IUI then ivf but calculating all cost n factors we decide to go for ivf... Discuss with hubby will b gd... To hav a better and for urself than to stress over on ur own

Dear Babymoo,

My doctor was very busy so she did not explain the details. However, she had suggested to us that we shall proceed to IVF if our 3rd IUI failed again. For my 1st IUI hubby's sperm after washed is 17.6 millions but this cycle dropped to 8 millions. Either one of us was stressed. Hence it is very hard to conceive. Now I'm wondering, shall I go for one round IUI by next month or shall i stop for 2 to 3 months then continue? I'm so puzzle.

babymoo

C hw urgent u r...if kkh they will use long process... If u r with private hosptial the process is short... The waiting time is much shorter oso.. I heard a lot of ppl Q for ivf @ kkh on avg 6mtha which is too long wait for me... I'm with Thomson medical nw

Hi babymoo and DreamBB,

Thanks for the consolation. I was really disappointed and cried when I saw some red this morning. I felt better as the day went by. Guess I have to be more patient. Although AF has not come full blown, but I know I have little hope for this cycle already. I don't think I belong to those lucky ones who can have mensus when they are preggo. I'd checked with my mum and she said no such thing happened to her, so most probably I'll be the same. DH said we'll go for IVF next cycle. I think it's time too.

Do any of you have any idea which day of the cycle does an ivf start? Most ppl start with the long cycle, right? Most probably have to skip this cycle as I have to meet my gynae first.

babymoo

Hi dream88,
My previous job they nag alot abt mc but my new job which I'm here for 10mths... Boss very supportive n colleagues r very concerned oso.... So I have no prob taking mc n leave.... Don care ur boss... If really cannot find a new company with is more family oriented...

katsg

Hi Katsg,
Yes, I able to menstruate normally without the help of any medication .I was thinking maybe comid can increase my follicles so can increase my chance too but ...i very scare it will affect my uterus lining. For my last ultrasound on Day 9 , lining is already 7.8mm, follicle 14mm, consider is good .
Hi, DreamBB,

If you can menstruate normally, then why don't you try it the normal way? I heard that consuming Clomid for too long a period will affect the uterine lining and you cannot consume Clomid for more than 6 months.

DreamBB

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for your concern.

Today is my 11dpoIUI-temperature at 36.6,no implantation bleeding noticed so far and no other symptoms too.My AF will be coming whithin this 2 days.Spyhaw,my doctor did not ask me for Serum Beta.

Katsg,after discussed with my hubby,I had decided not to take comid since I able to menstruate normally as I really very scared will affect my uterus lining.
Furthermore,as per Babymoo and your information,it only can consume up to max 6 months so i think better do not take the risk.

Babymoo,currently I seeking treatment at SGH.If compared with KK and Thomson Medical what is the price difference? If we transfer to Thomson Medical,do we need to start all over again? Eg:bloodtest,TCS,Sperm analysis... After talking to my hubby about IVF,we came to conclusion that we will try one more round IUI before proceed to IVF but we will taking a short break to "tiao" my hubby health before trying another round IUI.

Makino, good to hear that your hubby sperm is strong swimmers. As per your IVF price list down, I find it is affortable but if continue to try again and again then will be very costly if compared to IUI. It will be good if IVF can be guarantee at 100% to conceive with only one try :)

As for my job,my company currently no intention to employ staff since the staff all left. If I'm taking my leave or mc, either my boss or his son must stay in the office. Hence, it makes me more and more difficult to take mc and leave.Frankly,the only stress is when I had applied leave or took mc as he will nag and scold at me. However, if talk about work wise, the stress is minimised.

If I change my job,I have to stop my baby plan for at least 3 months.I am still thinking.Should change or not???Or don't bother my boss?

babymoo

hi dream88, kkh n sgh price should b the same....thomson medical centre price difference is just on the 3K gov subsidy ...
for thomson medical centre when they c u the first time u can already wait for ur first day menses n call them up to book for ivf process already. then u will b in ivf process straightaway. u need not need to redo all the tests. all i brought tt time with me to the clinic will b all the sperm test results of my hubby it if more than enuff.

only the first time will cost around $180. the 2nd time onwards it will b under ivf package le. i havnt been thru the dicussion with nurse but to wat i noe of if u have a lot of emybros to keep then the max cost before medisave is $21k.

katsg

Hi Ladies,

Thank you for your concern.

Today is my 11dpoIUI-temperature at 36.6,no implantation bleeding noticed so far and no other symptoms too.My AF will be coming whithin this 2 days.Spyhaw,my doctor did not ask me for Serum Beta.

Katsg,after discussed with my hubby,I had decided not to take comid since I able to menstruate normally as I really very scared will affect my uterus lining.
Furthermore,as per Babymoo and your information,it only can consume up to max 6 months so i think better do not take the risk.

Babymoo,currently I seeking treatment at SGH.If compared with KK and Thomson Medical what is the price difference? If we transfer to Thomson Medical,do we need to start all over again? Eg:bloodtest,TCS,Sperm analysis... After talking to my hubby about IVF,we came to conclusion that we will try one more round IUI before proceed to IVF but we will taking a short break to "tiao" my hubby health before trying another round IUI.

Makino, good to hear that your hubby sperm is strong swimmers. As per your IVF price list down, I find it is affortable but if continue to try again and again then will be very costly if compared to IUI. It will be good if IVF can be guarantee at 100% to conceive with only one try :)

As for my job,my company currently no intention to employ staff since the staff all left. If I'm taking my leave or mc, either my boss or his son must stay in the office. Hence, it makes me more and more difficult to take mc and leave.Frankly,the only stress is when I had applied leave or took mc as he will nag and scold at me. However, if talk about work wise, the stress is minimised.

If I change my job,I have to stop my baby plan for at least 3 months.I am still thinking.Should change or not???Or don't bother my boss?
Ya, if you check with Dr Zou, she will also tell you the same thing that you can only consume Clomid for max 6 months, not more than that and it will affect your uterine lining and causes it to be thinner. I've checked with her before so that's why I inform you in case you exceeded. If you are able to menstruate and ovulate on your own, I would suggest you do it the normal way instead of depending on medications. Unless you are not able to ovulate on your own and you needed some help then u take Clomid. If you depend too much on medications, one day ur body will sure be highly dependent on the drug to ovulate and once you stop the medications, maybe ur body is not able to function well anymore.

DreamBB

Congratulations!!!!!! Finally some good news!! I've been reading so much failures I am beginning to lose confidence! You due for your hCG on Wed?
Thank you Makino,
I do not know whether I am due for my HCG on Wed as doctor didn't mention any on my last visit. Fyi,I have doctor appointment today at 10 am.Will ask for her advise.
Don't give up , Jia You !

DreamBB

Hi Babymoo,
Is miracle. I thought I will fail as hubby sperm only 8 millions, no much symptoms n my low temperature.....My temperature for these 3 days have rised to 36.7. Thanks god!
Babymoo, jia you!