3 month old bb refusing bottle

candy_ian

my dear son has been breastfed but now that i'm returning to work in a month time, i,m starting to introduce bottle to him but he's crying each time i try to bottle feed him.. any tips?

adoncia

maybe you can try the teats? cause pigeon has the wide one and the standard one.. i guess you are using the standard ones?

sugarcookie

My sister's daughter was like that. Absolutely refused to take the bottle. What helped was getting someone else to bottle feed her initially. If it is the mother who bottle feeds, the baby would generally be unwilling to take the bottle.

Elaine010

I faced the same problem as you, DD also reject bottle and will cry her lung out. As advised by some mummies here, my mum will feed her and i will hide in another room or leave the house.
Have been trying this method for a while, now slightly better, sometime still fight and cry then my mum will pat her to sleep then feed her.
I know is very difficult and heart pain to see her like that, keep looking for mummy's breast, but no choice we need to go back to work... sometime i wish i can stay home to look after her.

candy_ian

i'm using the tommy tipee bottle with teat similiar to nipple. I have to try feeding him myself as mum is staying far n hubby working at nite so day time would n slping. Seeing bb cry makes me offer my breast cos heartache see him cry

stonston

My boy was like tt too. and i had to go back to work!

i hide in the room while my maid feed my boy.
and we tried all sorts of bottles and teats. ended up my boy like NUK latex teats :)
onli when he turned 1yo then he willing to change to Avent silicon teats :)

Caden's Mummy

My DS also have this problem b4 I went back to wk 2 months bk. I tried almost 7 recommended brands of teats & bottle in the market.

After trying, worrying and frustrating for 1.5 months then I realised he got very sensitive taste bubs and only prefer fresh EBM instead of those fm the freazer which I stored abt 20 packs b4 i went bk to wk. Haiz! Maybe you can try fresh one (at least 1 day b4 stored in the fridge)

As for the bottle and teat he insist in NUK premium bottle and I definitely won't be switching for the time being. He's still taking abt 15-29 mins to finish his 120ml but the most imp thing is he DRINKS.