6-in-1 jab

Oppsgal

Pain caused by a needle ... how long does it last?
A few seconds at most, agree?

Fits & brain damage caused by a high fever ... you think this would last only a few seconds or a lifetime?
Now you understand WHY I'm so irritatingly persistent in putting my point across?
:wink: :wink:
You mean 5-in-1 won't cause any high fever?

Angelvan

Just brought my baby for a jab at TMC - Paediatric Centre.
Here to share the vaccination cost :
6 in 1 jab consist : 133.00 x 1
Rotarix Oral Vaccine : 95.00 x 1
Exclude Consultation & Medi.

Same .... cry like anytin....I even took a video of the process.
Gd dat ChampsMaMa mentioned >
<Yes! Parents may want to have the fever medicine and cooling plasters on stand-by for convenience.
N note that the temperature often rises @ night. >

Just took her temp earlier ard 10.30pm. Temp was 38.39 Deg.C
Now, I cant get to sleep as I wan to monitor her temp till 3am.
Due to higher temp & it seems she slept longer compared to her usual routine.
So worried......the thinkin about more jabs really worry me.

Dun really understand on Vaccination Package...wic mentioned three doses of Infanrix Hexa @2,4 & 6mths costs $359.00 ?
Why must bb go thru again the same Vaccination ...... 2 more times again ?

Another packages consists of the abv package
HEXA 6 in 1 x 3 as mentioned abv + "Rocarix" x 2 + Prevenar x 3 = $900+ ?
"Spelling not sure as printing is not clear"

Which is compulsory & wic is not .... anyone to advise ?

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Angelvan said:
Just took her temp earlier ard 10.30pm. Temp was 38.39 Deg.C
Now, I cant get to sleep as I wan to monitor her temp till 3am.
Due to higher temp & it seems she slept longer compared to her usual routine.
So worried......the thinkin about more jabs really worry me.
Why only until 3am? You mean the fever will also take a break too?
Yes, it's definitely a pain when our babies have a fever.
:brolleyes: :brolleyes:

Darling ... I think you have yet to read the Health Booklet in detail, right?
The 2nd last page tabulates all the jabs our little ones have to take ... take a look & you'll see that you still have a long way to go.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Angelvan said:
Dun really understand on Vaccination Package...wic mentioned three doses of Infanrix Hexa @2,4 & 6mths costs $359.00 ?
Why must bb go thru again the same Vaccination ...... 2 more times again?
For it to be effective, the Infanrix Hexa (6-in-1) must be taken in 3 doses spread over the said period: @2M, @4M & @5or6M

Angelvan said:
Another packages consists of the abv package
HEXA 6 in 1 x 3 as mentioned abv + "Rocarix" x 2 + Prevenar x 3 = $900+ ?
"Spelling not sure as printing is not clear"

Which is compulsory & wic is not .... anyone to advise ?
Of the 3 you mentioned, only the 6-in-1 is compulsory ... essentially it combines the vaccine for Hepatitis B & the Infanrix Penta (5-in-1) which is the vaccine for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), poliomyelitis (polio) and Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib).

Rotarix is the vaccine for rotavirus ... & is optional.
Prevenar is the vaccine for pneumococcus ... & is optional too. This jab is super expensive, with each jab costing $150.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Oppsgal said:
You mean 5-in-1 won't cause any high fever?
Did you read all that I've posted so far ... in this thread?
Or you just cannot understand what I'm saying?

Anyways ... 5-in-1 will also cause fever.
But in comparison, 5-in-1 is taken when the baby is 3 months old ... while 6-in-1 is taken when the baby is 2 months old.
I am saying that at 3 months old (compared to 2 months old) any baby is gonna be more stable & ready to tackle a fever, if he does get one after the respective jabs ...
:biggrin: :biggrin:

jojoki

Fact #4: HepB doesn't cause fever ... only 5-in-1 & 6-in-1 will

On the contrary, by taking 6-in-1, you are subjecting the baby to a high fever earlier ... why subject your child to this risk & discomfort?
:bconfused: :bconfused:

May i know how long does the fever last? How to treat it? and will baby fuss a lot? Does the jab hurts a lot?

hi all

hope i can help to clarify a bit. now why 5in 1 or 6in 1 causes fever becasue when these antigen (modify bugs) are introduce into the body, they are consider as foregin particles which hence the body will mount an immune repsonse to the anitgen hence will produce anitbody. these anitbody will hence protect the baby should they encounter the same types of antigen (which are real bugs ). why some baby develop fever and some not is really up to the individual immune system it is not about who is 'stronger" in health. so no worries. mild fever sometime is a good reaction which can us that the baby is mounting an immue reponse as clinically 1% or less of the whole population dont mount an immune reponse which mean they will not be protected even after the jab.
now to go for 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 is a personal choice. 5 in 1 has a longer clinical data but i think since 6 in 1 has been introduce quite a number of years, there are also good data, so both are fine.

when are brain damage comes in.... not casue by fever..,it is a myth. brain damaged comes in if the baby has mengitis or infection if the brain which usually accompany by high fever. people hence associate high fever will lead to brain damage. however having said that one should also look out when your child has high fever, make sure he/she does not goes into shock/shivering which sometime can result from high fever. frequent epilesy can sometime result in brain damage due to the shortage of oxygen to the brain.

hope i have help clarify some things.

btw polyclinic or pd is also a personal choice, dont let cost affect too much (if cost is within your means) go for something you are confortable at least you are more assure

:)