6 mths old on a coach

Bayu

My husband and the whole family planning to malacca by october. Its like celebrating Hari Raya in "kampong" and we decided to bring along our baby which is by then he's gonna be 6 mths old.. I'm kinda scared as I'm not too sure if I can handle him. I need to know any experience mum whom done that before and what are the things I need to take note..

Thank you...

stonston

Are you breastfeeding? If yes, it will be easier. I offered my boobs to my boy everytime he started getting fussy so he did not really disturb anyone.

You also need to considered about food if you are starting him on puree by then. If going with family on the same coach, should be manageable as you can pass him around to take turns to take care :)

lila

My husband and the whole family planning to malacca by october. Its like celebrating Hari Raya in "kampong" and we decided to bring along our baby which is by then he's gonna be 6 mths old.. I'm kinda scared as I'm not too sure if I can handle him. I need to know any experience mum whom done that before and what are the things I need to take note..

Thank you...
hi,
same as u, we gonna celebrate Hari Raya in "kampong" :D
at the time,my girl 6 months and 2 weeks. like stonson said, its easy if our baby is bf. i brought my girl balik kampong since she was 2 months old. based on my experience, i nursing her when the plane take off n landing. the stewardess will give us cotton for baby's ear.
since my baby start solids, i brought banana for her if i take between meal hours.
we can ask the stewardess hot water to make formula milk, n u can bring 2 or 3 bottles of milk to the board.

CanCanMum

Malacca is about 2 hours journey, which is still quite bearable i guess.

When i first brought Baber was when he was 4months old, on a coach to KL, was about 5hours journey

Basically i only fed him FM

U will need to stock up medicine esp those diarrhea and fever medicine. Also prepare enough hot water for the journey.

When u reach malacca, remember to mix drinking water there wif wad u brought from SG when u r making milk, then slowly make it fully drinking water from malacca, tis is to minimise the risk of upset stomach.

Other than tat all the usual baby items will need to be brought over there as well.

Ohhh yes, all of the above applies only if u r on FM for your baby. Also applies for plain water for baby.

Bayu

Are you breastfeeding? If yes, it will be easier. I offered my boobs to my boy everytime he started getting fussy so he did not really disturb anyone.

You also need to considered about food if you are starting him on puree by then. If going with family on the same coach, should be manageable as you can pass him around to take turns to take care :)
hi,

thankx for the adv.
i need to know, if u bring the puree with on coach, how do you keep it..?? I will be travelling with my family so I think i can manage that I guess.

Bayu

Malacca is about 2 hours journey, which is still quite bearable i guess.

When i first brought Baber was when he was 4months old, on a coach to KL, was about 5hours journey

Basically i only fed him FM

you will need to stock up medicine esp those diarrhea and fever medicine. Also prepare enough hot water for the journey.

When you reach malacca, remember to mix drinking water there with what you brought from SG when you r making milk, then slowly make it fully drinking water from malacca, tis is to minimise the risk of upset stomach.

Other than that all the usual baby items will need to be brought over there as well.

Ohhh yes, all of the above applies only if you r on FM for your baby. Also applies for plain water for baby.

hi,

for the medicines, can I get it from the pharmacy?

stonston

hi,

thankx for the adv.
i need to know, if you bring the puree with on coach, how do you keep it..?? I will be travelling with my family so I think i can manage that I guess.
Bought organic bottled purée. Eat & throw. No need fridge :)