7 weeks preggy and going depressed

shinystar

hi all Mummys! I am new here. Just not long ago, i found out that i was pregnant. This is my first pregnancy and it was unplanned. My bf and I decided to keep it and getting married soon. Things went on fine for the first few days when i was 5+ weeks. Soon i arranged for a scan as i was spotting at my 6 weeks. The gynae wasn't very reassuring. He immediately said I gotta be admitted to east shore under his private patient and ask me to prepare 2k cash. I was freaked out that time and we said its alright. We monitor first. He gave me oral progesterone to be taken 3 times, 3 hourly. So he went on to do a scan. At my 6weeks, i only saw a empty gestational sac without the yolk sac in it. I was very very worried cos i read from forum it should at least see a yolk sac. But i comfort myself thinking that that gynae uses a very old u/s machine. Looks more like a bladder scan to me.

At my 7weeks I decided to switch gynae. Did the scan with the gynae and he managed to detect my bb's heartbeat and my bb was dated to be 7 weeks 2days. Still, I am very worried. I just don't wanna lose my baby. Maybe I really love my bf and I treasure his child a lot. And today, to my horror, i found myself spotting again accompanied with stomach cramps! I quickly rushed down to my gynae and he did a pelvic examination and a transvaginal scan and said my baby was fine. Heartbeat still present. The problem is now, I don't think I am fine. I am worried that I might lose my baby in the next few days. I don't believe what the gynae says. I am going into depression. I can't sleep at night and I am feeling sad all the times. Anyone going through the same thing as me?

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

Hey shinystar

Don't think too much or get urself all worried or stressed, it will affect ur bb....right now the only thing u need is plenty of rest and just be happy abt ur pregnancy.....

Talk it out with ur bf and family and get their support if possible....

shandy83

must rest more and dun tired yrself...

and i think there is medicine to strengthen the nerves holding the sac, u may want to check this out with your doctor.

Gem2505

thanks all! Do you think my baby is really fine since the gynae already said so? :err:
im sure you will be fine. you have to put on strong willpower to pull this through. believe in yourself and you have to stay happy and cheerful so your baby will feel it and baby will also grow happily.

since u have frequent spottings, you have to rest more and ask for some pills from your gynae to improve your health condition.

lastly, dont think so much on the negative side ok. you have got to be a happy mum so you will have a happy baby~! =)

cseen

thanks all! Do you think my baby is really fine since the gynae already said so? :err:
Don't think too much, I am in my week8, having spotting since week 6 too and for almost 1week, now on and off still has abit.. i think it's quite common during early trimester, Doc told me, it might be some "leftover" implantation blood. Try to walk lesser, don't squat, rest well drink water and always remember doc's duphaston and folic acid. You will be fine.
I am also like you worry day and night, but since doc already assured, just believe doc and yrself :)
For me i feel quite terrible after duphaston nausea all the time but every individual is different ..

sunburst

Try not to stress yourself and worry too much.
I was bleeding in my initial 9 weeks of pregnancy... Literally my whole panty liner is wet with one gush... Had thought I had some cysts problems initially & didn't know I was pregnant until I went to see a Gynae at about 7weeks.

Talk to ur bf or supportive family members about ur fears & hope they can give u the support & assurance u need. Take care & diverse more!

babyturtle

hi. :) we are almost in the same situation I think. hahaha my job gives me alot of stress and emotional roller coasters. I'm 7 wks too I think, but haven't gone for my
first checkup yet. will be going next wk. :D excited !! heh I too have the occassional cramps but went to research and all the webs said that it's normal due to the uterus expanding. don't worry abt it okie ?? it will be fine. cheer up !! :) try to find out as much as much as possible online if u're worried.

p.s. ; I sound like my bf comforting me. hahaha :p

Phoebii Cheng

Shinystar, since ur gynae told u tht it is fine just believe it.........don't worry too much

We are all here to support u! if you need someone to talk to

i1babes

Hi , I'm in 7 week too , I always worry due to my age and also I didn't hv any pregnant symptom , yet can't see my baby heartbeat , but went to dr yesterday dr can see heartbeat already , it make me feel release now , I know me n my baby still hv to go thrg a lot of test , ofcos I'm worry but lucky all mummies here very experience and gd hearted so say it out anything tat make u fell worry , mummies can give u advice then u will feel release .. Don think too much believe ur dr n experienced mummies here ok ... :)

Last edited:

babyturtle

really not easy to not feel stress. sigh. keep having the bad thoughts.
cheer up. go online and research if u're worried. :) I am worried too and intially I was too, very worried that my baby won't be okay or whatever. but I believe that he/she will be. so up til now, yes I'm still worried but I try not to let it stress me cos it's not gd. :) try to occupy ur mind so u wudn't keep thinking abt it.

hi all Mummys! I am new here. Just not long ago, i found out that i was pregnant. This is my first pregnancy and it was unplanned. My bf and I decided to keep it and getting married soon. Things went on fine for the first few days when i was 5+ weeks. Soon i arranged for a scan as i was spotting at my 6 weeks. The gynae wasn't very reassuring. He immediately said I gotta be admitted to east shore under his private patient and ask me to prepare 2k cash. I was freaked out that time and we said its alright. We monitor first. He gave me oral progesterone to be taken 3 times, 3 hourly. So he went on to do a scan. At my 6weeks, i only saw a empty gestational sac without the yolk sac in it. I was very very worried cos i read from forum it should at least see a yolk sac. But i comfort myself thinking that that gynae uses a very old you/s machine. Looks more like a bladder scan to me.

At my 7weeks I decided to switch gynae. Did the scan with the gynae and he managed to detect my baby's heartbeat and my baby was dated to be 7 weeks 2days. Still, I am very worried. I just dont't wanna lose my baby. Maybe I really love my bf and I treasure his child a lot. And today, to my horror, i found myself spotting again accompanied with stomach cramps! I quickly rushed down to my gynae and he did a pelvic examination and a transvaginal scan and said my baby was fine. Heartbeat still present. The problem is now, I dont't think I am fine. I am worried that I might lose my baby in the next few days. I dont't believe what the gynae says. I am going into depression. I can't sleep at night and I am feeling sad all the times. Anyone going through the same thing as me?
you're just over thinking it, don't be so paranoid about it. Depression could be the one that may lead you into sickness.

arkin2010

I dont't even dare to think about the scan next week. haha,
We know it is not easy to keep the mind off thinking negative.I believe support and care from your hubby is important.The path is just a beginning..remember dont take it as stress.Whatever you do ,discuss and compromise...of course smtimes thing is said easier than done.You are going to be a mummy,brace up!
Anything feel free to share with us.
Take care and rest well!
Find a Gynae that you feel comfortable with.:Dancing_tongue:
Be happy!

fangying

Hi there, i know it's hard but try not to think too much! Whatever is meant to be will be :) I'm sure you and your baby are fine. Don't be so stressed out! Very important now that you are happy and not stress-laden. Hehe.

If you're interested, there is a Pregnancy Workshop that is taking place this Saturday (25th Sept) at Traders Hotel Singapore from 10am-5pm! It includes Cord Blood Banking Consultation too for those interested in learning more about cord blood banking But the seminar also includes highlights such has handling emergencies and breastfeeding the right way. Best of all? There is free entry with gynae appointment card! Hee. This is organized by CordLife, one of the private cord blood banks in sg.

In addition, there is a cord blood banking seminar also a BabyTalk organized by CordLife on 2nd oct (sat) at raffles convention centre, with one-to-one cord blood banking consultation too. You can head over to wwww.cordlife.com/babytalk to register or call 6238-0808 for more info :eek:)

Hope you and your baby are doing well! <3