Advice on Baby Full Month

joeyz

Any mummies have experience on baby full month? Any suggestion where to hold baby full month other thn home (my hse is still in a mess & crampy, not appropriate to invite relatives & frds over and will be very stuffy). I've actually tried to book pasir ris chalet but the date i wana all fully booked. Alternatively, wana hold at my frd's condo but jus recently there's a deceased in his family so not convenience.

I was wondering where do you mummies hold full month party for your little ones. I'm getting anxious as the time is drawing near & i still have no concrete plan. :(

Oppsgal

We didnt do baby full month. Too troublesome. Just buy those close relatives and friends some vouchers for cakes.

apollo

hw abt ur inlaws' or parents' place? or void deck? my hubby's fren booked the void deck for his daughter full mth and 1st bday. v spacious and cooling.. somemore his hse that area are quite new...

joeyz

Community club? Or another friend's condo..
Church?
CC & church: i didnt knw can hold it in CC & Church. However, i'm not a christian nor catholic though my hubby is catholic, we dont go church often. Beside, was hoping to hold at a place convenience for frds who take public transport.

I'm still hoping to find another frd's condo but cant think of anyone.

joeyz

hw about your inlaws' or parents' place? or void deck? my hubby's friend booked the void deck for his daughter full month and 1st bday. very spacious and cooling.. somemore his house that area are quite new...
hi regina,

void deck sounds good but my surrounding blks are now doing repainting & refurnishing, so very dusty.

joeyz

We didnt do baby full month. Too troublesome. Just buy those close relatives and friends some vouchers for cakes.
I was thinking of not doing also esp when i am still fussing about the venue. Sigh~ the only place i could think of is at frd's west side condo but will be quite far out for ppl living in the east. Actually, come to think of it, sg aint very big but ppl tends to like to fuss abt distance. :p

Waaaa.. all CMI siah.
Hey Mummy,

You can do a simple gathering at your own place. You can order catering for your guests depanding on how many guests you are inviting.

Try to break up your guests lists so that both you and the little prince can have ample rest in between.

Try to get some help if you can in between coz it really helps alot. Maybe you can rope in your dad, hubby or sister for help. If there are any Mummies who can help along will be great too.

Never try to make it a big affair or make it till late at night cause it will cause both you and baby to be tired. Lastly, try to relax as much as possible. Take it slow:tlaugh:

Phoebii Cheng

You might want to hold it at a hotel if you hv budget or restaurant?

Otherwise, I think your house void deck or another friends' condo is also a good idea...........:tlaugh:

apollo

if really cant find a decent place, maybe u wanna take one of the mummies advice? just give voucher?? den when ur baby 1year then u book a chalet and invite everyone there??

Oppsgal

if really cant find a decent place, maybe you wanna take one of the mummies advice? just give voucher?? then when your baby 1year then you book a chalet and invite everyone there??
Book chalet and invite too many people also baby will feel weird see so many strangers?

Hi Joeyz,

My suggestions will cost abit of money.

One option is Hi Tea buffet @ a hotel/ restuarant. Our baby's Full Month celebration was held at AquaMarine @ Marina Mandarin Hotel. They have a private corner, which could accommodates up to 100 guests and they will provide a playpen for baby to rest at a corner of the private area.

The manager, Danny, gave us a 20% discount if we could confirmed 55 guests and threw in complimentary red eggs for all my 109 guests.

Advantages about having a hi-tea buffet, no worries about:

1) food spread. The wide variety will suit all ages.
2) food quantity. The staff will keep refilling the food to ensure none of the dishes will go empty. In other words, eat till your guests drop. So, will not cause awkwardness of not enough food catered for guests.
3) food quality. Cooked food are always piping hot and fresh. Cold items are always chilled.
4) attendence. They charge according to the number of guests that turn up.
5) cleaning the house after the celebration.
6) guests can mingle around comfortably in an aircon area.
7) nice ambience.

Alternatively, if you prefer to have even more privacy, you can call Marriott Hotel or Essential Brews @ Holland Village. They have a Baby Shower package, which includes the use of their private function room and decoration of the function room.

If you are an OCBC card member, there is a 15% discount for the baby shower package held at Marriott Hotel but I'm not sure if this promotion is still on.

Hope my suggestions help.

Book chalet and invite too many people also baby will feel weird see so many strangers?
It depends on individual baby. My little rascal saw 100 over pair of eyes at his Full Month Celebration and did not feel weird to him. He was very happy and charmed all guests with his smile and gugugaga...:tlaugh: