Advice pls

Lin-12

Hi all,

My smallest daughter is abt 1.5mths nw. My hubby is assigned to overseas assignment for his work and will be there for a couple of months. Would like to noe whether any mummies brought their child to usa (which will be snowing in dec) when they r abt 5mths old? Im thinking of gg over to accompany hubby for a mth but no one is able to help me look after daughter so got to bring her along but im worried that she will catch a cold (considering e weather dere is v cold). Is it advisable to bring my daughter along or shld i find someone to look after her while im gone?

Phoebii Cheng

I think if you find someone to look after her, will u miss her? either you bring her there, or stay here with her......if u decide to bring her there, then I think you hv to bring lots of clothing for her, ask around wat type of clothing suitable to bring for a 5mth old bb & if possible advise frm the PD on type of medication to bring along just in case lor.......anyway, u just gg for a mth only right?

stonston

My friend brought her girl to Aussie for 2 months when her girl was 3months old. As long as you are prepared to spend $$$ on winter wear & you might need to stay at home most of the time, it's quite alright. She told me her house got internal heater so it's not so cold at home, only when go out need to wrap her up. Being away from hb with a newborn is very tough, talk to your hubby about it, see how he feels also.

Lin-12

Yup i'll be gg over for a mth only. My hubby doesnt like the idea of gg overseas for work at all but got no choice as this is a v gd opportunity for him and we seriously need the $ as we have 2 kids and alot of responsibility. Im oso quite hesistant to bring my gal over as im worried that she will fall sick overseas due to the weather dere. But i nid to go over to acc hubby as he truly wish that i'll be dere for him. Tks for all e advice anyway. I'll try to ask my aunty to take care of my little gal. Hopefully she is willing to take care of her though i'll miss my little gal much..i cant bear to leave my little gal but i cant neglect my hubby...in a dilemma...

My friend brought her girl to Aussie for 2 months when her girl was 3months old. As long as you are prepared to spend $$$ on winter wear & you might need to stay at home most of the time, it's quite alright. She told me her house got internal heater so it's not so cold at home, only when go out need to wrap her up. Being away from husband with a newborn is very tough, talk to your hubby about it, see how he feels also.

Ting

but your girl is still so young, whereby your hubby is a grown man alr.
he shld set his priorities.
your girl needs u more than your hubby.

snowbear

Hi all,

My smallest daughter is about 1.5mths now. My hubby is assigned to overseas assignment for his work and will be there for a couple of months. Would like to know whether any mummies brought their child to usa (which will be snowing in dec) when they are about 5mths old? Im thinking of gg over to accompany hubby for a month but no one is able to help me look after daughter so got to bring her along but im worried that she will catch a cold (considering e weather dere is very cold). Is it advisable to bring my daughter along or shld i find someone to look after her while im gone?
My friend's hubby was posted overseas (also usa) for half a year when she was just about to give birth! She went there to join him for a month or so with baby when bb was only abt a month old n bb was perfectly fine. I think it's ok to bring your bb along and it's better oso coz you'd be away for a month. Anyway, my sg friend lives in the US with her bb (coz hubby got overseas posting these 3 years) and winter hasn't been much of an issue with the baby! I think coz we dun experience winter so we make an issue out of it but it really is fine (just make sure you buy enuff winter clothes for bb)!