Another case of "immature" mother......

mag_huiling

Anyone encountered this before?

I'm dealing with matters, big and small, in the office, in another words, "bao ka liao"..

not long ago, my boss finally agreed to hire another person to help me out. so i started looking for pple who wanna work, sms-ed around to my friends..

Then this mummy, she wanted to quit her job as the supervisor is "not good", always scolding her, pay low, etc.... then i agreed to hire her hoping that she's be of help to me lah.. We gave her the requested pay that she wants, she wants to leave early we didnt deduct money, come in late also close one eye.. Even when she is doing her own stuffs like blogging, facebook-ing, making calls when there are things assigned to her! I closed my eyes...

But on the 3rd this mth, she sms-ed me in the middle of the night saying she can go work as she wants to go to MOM to file a complain against her previous employer, SPH Holdings, and would take half day off. Alright, I gave in..

But on the day itself, she msg-ed me at 12 plus saying she cant make in back in time as she is still at MOM, so i told her, late abit i close my eyes lor.. Dont let my boss know.. But she didnt reply...

Nevermind, so in the middle of the night again, she msg-ed me telling me her granny was admitted to hospital, her mom has to take care of her, and no one to take care of her girl, so she has to stopped work for a period...

So as my boss instructed for me to ask her back to office to handover her work. my boss was already fuming hot when she said last min that she cant work and thinking that she's so big shot that everyone has to suits her wishes.. So the instruction from boss was for her to reach office by 12pm, if not she can wait for his lawyer letter...

and she assumes we are threatening her lah! She even replied me with a "fuck up" and that starts to boil my blood!.. saying we're inconsiderate etc...

But if, i'm considerate, i won't fight her her requested salary already, knowing that she has a girl to feed. and i would go to MOM to make her employment record bad with her word of vulgarities and her actions.

And i just hopped to her blog, her saying of "granny admitted to hospital" was actually an excuse! how can someone who has admitted or maybe just discharged, goes shopping! she even says she "doesn't wants to be commanded by him/her"... Being an employee, who doesnt get commands? Even bosses get commands from customer right!

She didnt even tender proper resignation and give notice period and she still dares to say she wanna go to MOM and sue me and my boss for threatening her! LOL..

So not does that mean that not all mothers are mature? I somehow pity her bf too, have to support her and a child that is not his. It suddenly gives me an impression that she's a child taking care of another child!

Ting

i would say, it has nth to do with whether she is a mother or not.
it's her mentality n maturity level. but of cos, being a mother, she shld hv grown up n be more responsible for her actions.

CanCanMum

i guess a handful of pple do take things for granted

they dun see it tat u offered her this job as a kind gesture......

wadever it is, saying granny admitted to hospital sounds so bad to make it an excuse for absence of work............isn't it?

she sounds like a young mummy with mindset to escape from family commitments and responsibilities.....anyway be wary of referring employees next time, coz it might affect how yr boss thinks of u oso.....

hv u managed to find another replacement??

apollo

i agree with Ting. nth to do with her being a mother anot. she herself is an irresponsible person. i pity her girl..

can PM me her blog url? wanna go c c kaypo kaypo.. haha..

diymummy

Have she ever admitted to you her blog before? Like in black and white? You can go to the blog and print out her blog entry that her granny in hospital is an excuse so that if she does try to go to MOM to lodge a false report, you can use it against her. I mean, it's like protecting your company as well as yourself as she's under you.

masayuki

Goodness.... This is exactly the kind of person that gives all young mothers and single mothers a very bad name....

We try to help and they screw it up, can't blame the system for putting barriers in place sometimes....

I say, forget this person and move on with life.... She's does not even feel any remorse or responsibility for anything she has done or did not do!

TANZHENZHI

What a irresponsible person. She should have grown up and think for her future. Yes i agree with diymummy, you should print out her blog entry and leave it as a proof if she really sue you and your company. Hope she can stop her nonsense.

meiteoh

I think the fact that she was a mum was brought in because whether we want to admit it or not, we would give more leeway to a young woman who is single (and childless) than one who is a mother. We equate motherhood with maturity and the ability to handle responsibility well.

Anyway, I second what diymummy brought up - use her blog against her should she lodge a report against your company or you.

mag_huiling

i guess a handful of pple do take things for granted

they dont see it that you offered her this job as a kind gesture......

wadever it is, saying granny admitted to hospital sounds so bad to make it an excuse for absence of work............isn't it?

she sounds like a young mummy with mindset to escape from family commitments and responsibilities.....anyway be wary of referring employees next time, coz it might affect how your boss thinks of you also.....

have you managed to find another replacement??
Initially, I have the thot that she was finding excuses with her granny, but her cog said cant be someone will take this kinda matter as a excuses, just like cursing her own granny... but maybe my instinct was right!

She might not be escaping from committments and responsibilities, mayb its because her bf is paying for her girl's stuffs that makes her have a thinking that since someone is paying for it, then she need not work so hard to pay herself la..

I've learnt to be very very wary... my boss knows that it's her attitude, cos during interview, she's very nice etc...

I haven got replacement yet... got "phobia" already! haha

mag_huiling

I think the fact that she was a mum was brought in because whether we want to admit it or not, we would give more leeway to a young woman who is single (and childless) than one who is a mother. We equate motherhood with maturity and the ability to handle responsibility well.

Anyway, I second what diymummy brought up - use her blog against her should she lodge a report against your company or you.
yes... but that seems like not everyone applies to this "logic"...

Oh.. I actually did a printscreen of her blog posts on my office computer and saved it well, with lots of back up copies... and also for her sms-es to me.. so in any case if we (me or my company) receives letter from MOM, I can actually use it as a proof, even if until the last minute she knows she has gotten herself in a deep shit cos of her post.... *wicked*

mag_huiling

I pity her bf's mother if knowing son have this kind of gf.
hahaha.... if im the mom, i'll feel jealous first! cos i dont think the son gives his mom as much money as he spent on the gf...

paying for the baby's stuffss and the gf's etc.... and he's only a sign-on nsmen...

stonston

hahaha.... if you're working, i dont think anyone can comment that you're living off your bf, but when you're not working, maybe gossips might start to spread...
Oh no.. that's wrong..
if ppl wanna gossip, even if you earn 10 times more than the guy, they'll still gossip..

tt's wot my hb (at tt time bf) sister started. she said that I was living off her brother (more like the other way).

wenz

huiling, pm me the blog, i also want to kaypo...:err:
me too... i oso wanna kpo~
my job more or less same as huiling, also BSBH and report directly to boss, able to make many desicion in employing junior staff since reporting to me...
but so far have not met "immature" mother kind of staff.. more of young girls who dun work long...

mag_huiling

Oh no.. that's wrong..
if ppl wanna gossip, even if you earn 10 times more than the guy, they'll still gossip..

that's what my husband (at that time bf) sister started. she said that I was living off her brother (more like the other way).
haha... maybe those pple have nothing much to do bah..