antenatal classes

mrsmorgan

ive decided to go for e Mt. A one.. commences on feb 4 (thurs) 6.30pm-8.30pm n subsequent 5 sessions on saturdays frm feb 20 onwards, 1.30pm-3.30pm. as ive chosen to deliver there, i'll only be paying $181.90. just need to reg through phone, then make payment on e first session. =)

iwan2noe

Hi

Just want to add that if you are attending the antenantal classes, it is best if you attend it during your 2nd trimester....tht time I was in my 3rd and last month....so some of the classes and movement cannot really do, cos they scared I will go into labour.....:tlaugh:
agree with Phoebii, if u can attend during ur 2nd tri it will be the best. I also attended the classes during my 3rd trimester..quite difficult..

so u must register and hurry to sign up for the class asap as the classes usually v popular and get filled up fast...

But u will nv regret gg for the class..very useful and provides many tips and insights in taking and looking care of ur newborn esp for 1st time mummis :)

camom

I didn't attend actually.. 1st preggy was in 203 and it was SARS period. decided we should not risk going to hospital then. I wanted to go to the one by Four Trimester but classes were full.

temari

ive registered for mountA, same hospital im gg to delivered. the class starts on 4 feb.:Dancing_wub:

fern

i called mountA to check - by giving them your EDD date, they will estimate and advise you on when you should go for the class. When I called in Oct/Nov, they told me that Dec class will be a bit early for me (EDD in late April) and suggest Jan-2010 instead. Each month usually has a few new classes, I think. Only asked about weekend classes, there 2 new ones every month - 1 for Sat early afternoon, 1 for Sat late afternoon

mrsmorgan

i called mountA to check - by giving them your EDD date, they will estimate and advise you on when you should go for the class. When I called in Oct/Nov, they told me that Dec class will be a bit early for me (EDD in late April) and suggest Jan-2010 instead. Each month usually has a few new classes, I think. Only asked about weekend classes, there 2 new ones every month - 1 for Sat early afternoon, 1 for Sat late afternoon
yup.. for now e earliest available class starts on feb 4.. im still thinking if i shld go cuz hubby's working most of e time n im staying in jurong so if he cant accompany me then i'll hav to take e mrt all e way to novena.. :err:

terasey

Hi Mummies:

I have signed up for the 19 Jan 2010 class in AMK Hub with TMC. :)

Every Tues~ 7-9pm.

Anyone too?

iwan2noe

Hi Mummies:

I have signed up for the 19 Jan 2010 class in AMK Hub with Thomson Medical Center. :)

Every Tues~ 7-9pm.

Anyone too?
must go with ur hubby ok? it is free for ur hubby and mrs wong will recommend that ur hubby comes with u for the class..
is ur class by mrs wong boi boh ?

terasey

must go with your hubby ok? it is free for your hubby and mrs wong will recommend that your hubby comes with you for the class..
is your class by mrs wong boi boh ?
Yup, he will be going with me. :)

ANd Yes, its by Mrs Wong BB as I keep seeing her name in this forum. Thats why i chose the AMK hub one.

i signed up for mrs wong's class too! starting this sat @ AMK Hub! 7pm to 9pm! totally looking forward to the class.
i am extremely terrified of handling babies. in fact, i had never ever handled 1 before. hopefully it will get better after the classes.

terasey

its very interesting! just went for the class yesterday. but as it ended late, today i work no energy~ came home and sleep. hahahahaha.

but money well spent. totally think value for money, even for 1st class~ try to go earli as she starts on time.

Kinda regret did not take notes as she went through the exercises as she is pretty fast and shows each action only twice. nv video too.

I went to TMC antenatel class by lilian. Their SNR lacation nurse in the parent craft center. She's detailed and taught us by life exp ( always over exceed the timing ). At the end of the 5 classes, she told us, thoes who were not giving birth in TMC to leave our number no. I left my no with her as i was not sure whether to choose glen e or tmc. I choose TMC after seeing how gd she was. She even visited me in the ward. A few days after i gave birth (she forgot she visited me in the ward ) she called me up thinking that i gave birth in glen e asking how was the bb and so on.

Juz17

Seem Mrs Wong class highly recommneded as compare to Kandang Kerbau Hospital ?
Hi,
I am attending Antenatal class at KKH and now I am into my 4th or 5th lesson. To be frank, I only find the first lesson enriching (introduction), and I missed the medication for pregnancy part and the rest I find it quite useless. So far la. The speakers - dietician, very softspoken...got one couple quite loud in their own discussion basically speak so loud until I cant hear the dietician...then last week I went for exercises during pregnancy, the lady speaks 'british-accent' english, and it's quite difficult to understand her. Those english not so good couples, might have problem. Hence, I didn't enjoy at all. And she is not good at leading the crowd. For example, she can go round the class (around 10 couples) to check each couple's posture on that particular exercise and the others will start to talk. And she speaks very soft when she walks to the back to run her powerpoint slides.
Overall, I regretted signing on thus far. I hope that my future classes are better as I got at least 5 or 6 more classes to go. :embarrassed:

And actually I planned to deliver at Thomson medical and I should have enquire about the classes there but I believe KKH's classes is cheaper than TMC. And KKH's classes starts at 6.30pm and I knock off at 6.30pm. Sigh Sigh...

Last edited:

Edwinie

I just signed up for the class today at Thomson medical centre. I'm going to the one at AMK Hub on Thurs this month. I chose this day as it's taught by Mrs Wong as she is mentioned many times in this forum and other forums I read. I liked the curriculum too, as compared to KK. I didn't compare with the rest though. The only drawback is that it is very expensive. I'm choosing TMC for my birth and after discount and gst, the total is around $203. But I guess it's value for money. I'll see when class starts.

ive decided to go for e Mt. A one.. commences on feb 4 (thurs) 6.30pm-8.30pm n subsequent 5 sessions on saturdays frm feb 20 onwards, 1.30pm-3.30pm. as ive chosen to deliver there, i'll only be paying $181.90. just need to reg through phone, then make payment on e first session. =)
Hi Mount A one is good too..the speaker are usually very experienced nurses. I have no idea how to handle baby...and after the course...i feel more at ease. and since u going to deliver at Mount A, the class will show u where u suppose to go when u go into labour.. as at mount A, is a different building from the place u register..and when u going to give birth. is another building anyway, GOOD Choice! Though not alot of notes...but is definately very sufficient. Btw...Deliver at Mount A, they give a very nice green bathtub..and nice baby bag...i still uses it, when i bring my baby for nearby lunch.

Last edited:

Juz17

Hi,
I am attending Antenatal class at Kandang Kerbau Hospital and now I am into my 4th or 5th lesson. To be frank, I only find the first lesson enriching (introduction), and I missed the medication for pregnancy part and the rest I find it quite useless. So far . The speakers - dietician, very softspoken...got one couple quite loud in their own discussion basically speak so loud until I cant hear the dietician...then last week I went for exercises during pregnancy, the lady speaks 'british-accent' english, and it's quite difficult to understand her. Those english not so good couples, might have problem. Hence, I didn't enjoy at all. And she is not good at leading the crowd. For example, she can go round the class (around 10 couples) to check each couple's posture on that particular exercise and the others will start to talk. And she speaks very soft when she walks to the back to run her powerpoint slides.
Overall, I regretted signing on thus far. I hope that my future classes are better as I got at least 5 or 6 more classes to go. :embarrassed:

And actually I planned to deliver at Thomson medical and I should have enquire about the classes there but I believe Kandang Kerbau Hospital's classes is cheaper than Thomson Medical Center. And Kandang Kerbau Hospital's classes starts at 6.30pm and I knock off at 6.30pm. Sigh Sigh...
Hi all,
I attended yesterday's class 'Preparing for labour' and I feel that the speaker, sister Maria is good! She made the class very interesting. I guess some speakers are good and some are not. :)

blackpiggy

hi,

this is my 1st baby, and im 10 weeks now. may i know when is the right time to sign up for antenatal class?
i think most hospitals will advise you to sign up when you are at 20 weeks or after. when you call to inquire, most prob they will ask for your edd and suggest you a suitable (date to start) class. i signed up mine when i was at 22 weeks and i started my class when i was at 28 weeks.