Any home chinese tutor for 3.5 years old girl?

MMD

Hi

I'm staying at Bishan and looking for a home female chinese tutor for my 3.5 years old girl. Preferably with pre-school teaching experience and has structured programme in teaching kids on how to recognise words. Pls PM for those who are interested or if you have someone to recommend. Thank you

Regards
MMD

littlehelper

Hi i think it is a bit young for tuition?Mayb you could send her for those kind of enrichment lessons don't think that there will be any chinese teachers around that teach that age.

stonston

There's hardly any mandarin enrichment classes for that age. Even if there is, it's all play, nothing much on recognising words or learning proper mandarin.

I've also been looking around for chinese enrichment for my son after his teachers mentioned that he does not want to speak mandarin even though he understands.

Ting

wah, is tt too young????
only 3.5 yr old then hv tuition alr, so stressful!
your child shld be attending nursery soon right? they do teach mandarin there right?
now pin in CC alr started teaching mandarin. but she still "eat potato" de, dont really wanna speak chi.

yumiao

They can learn. But first, get them to sing, to recite. Slowly teach them how to read words. Don't expect too much for a young girl like that.

stonston

They can learn. But first, get them to sing, to recite. Slowly teach them how to read words. dont't expect too much for a young girl like that.
tt's the type of class i'm looking for!!! But sadly, there's none available for 3yo!

I'm more keen in showing them the words (simple words), use action songs to 'write' the words with their hands (make actions).

littlehelper

i think they are too young to write chinese words at that age already have difficulties writing alphabets.I think if they understand thats good enough and they will speak up when the time is right.My friend only started speaking chinese in P1 and she is doing fine.I guess the only thing you all can do is buy those chinese songs and let them listen they will follow after some time.The kids in NTUC do sing chinese and english songs and wants the music starts they recognise it and will sing along.Can try to start with jus 2 songs everyday.

stonston

They do not need to know how to write on paper cos their motor skills are not good enough yet. BUT, it's proven that they can learn to read & write faster when they learn to write the words with actions!

My friend's son is 5yo and he cried very badly in school because his classmates laughed at him for not being able to read/write chinese because his parents taught that they'll pick it up slowly in primary school & just did not do anything about it. Now they hired a private tutor for him and he's slowly catching up! They really regret not exposing him earlier!

My son can sing chinese songs on his own without any help. He can also understand instructions in Chinese. The only problem is that he does not want to speak to you in chinese. & when we read chinese storybooks, he's more interested in the hanyupinyin & pictures. When we read english books to him, he will follow the words!

yumiao

that's the type of class i'm looking for!!! But sadly, there's none available for 3yo!

I'm more keen in showing them the words (simple words), use action songs to 'write' the words with their hands (make actions).
I got a lot of flash videos from internet and play them to my kids. If you don't want them to face computer for too long, u can play on the TV. Slowly they will learn how to sing and no need to watch TV any more.

Ting

They do not need to know how to write on paper cos their motor skills are not good enough yet. BUT, it's proven that they can learn to read & write faster when they learn to write the words with actions!

My friend's son is 5yo and he cried very badly in school because his classmates laughed at him for not being able to read/write chinese because his parents taught that they'll pick it up slowly in primary school & just did not do anything about it. Now they hired a private tutor for him and he's slowly catching up! They really regret not exposing him earlier!

My son can sing chinese songs on his own without any help. He can also understand instructions in Chinese. The only problem is that he does not want to speak to you in chinese. & when we read chinese storybooks, he's more interested in the hanyupinyin & pictures. When we read english books to him, he will follow the words!

same as pin!
her chinese teacher says she does fine in sch during classes, but she doesnt speak chinese to us, even when i speak to her in chinese, she will reply in english!
so i will ask her a few more times instead then she will reply in chi.
but i found a trick to let her speak more chinese.
i laugh!
as in, i will ask her pronounce something in chi, then when she say it, i will laugh n let her think its funny. then i will keep repeating in both eng n chi then she will keep repeating after me, i dunno why, but she is amused when i laugh at what she say n she will then repeat it. LOL.
eg, i will say ball is qiu.
then she will repeat, n i will laugh n say correct, n do it a few times. then after tt will ask her, so how to say ball in chi? then she will say QIU~

yumiao

:) Maybe you are just over worried. Sometimes they actually learn the skill and don't show it. When you put them together with other kids, then you will know they can actually communicate in Chinese.

Daddy D

Alpha Male
Any1 checked out the Chinese enrichment classes? Like tianxia...skylace... what else??
I think they start for kids from 4 yrs... but dunno what the class teaches...
Any feedback?