Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

lizasaifi

Alhamdulillah I have gave birth to a baby boy on 27th Sept at 8.39am!! Natural birth with assistance & no epi. :)
Alhamdulillah...congrats to u feera! Wow! Admire u...natural birth wif no epi! When u r better tell us ur birth story. Wld be interesting. :) enjoy motherhood!

feera

Thank u RamblingMummy and lizasaifi.

Here is my birth story.. Hehe
On Tuesday 25th, went for check up and gynae say baby is 3.3kg and I am barely 1cm dilated. So she suggested induce labour cause if wait till due date 30/09 scared baby grow bigger.
Schedule for induce on 26th at gyane clinic. First pill inserted at 10am, no contractions yet. Had lunch then went home. Second pill inserted at 4pm, contractions frequent after 4.30pm. Gynae say go home and get myself warded at midnight if can tahan. If cannot tahan, go early. But since i dont want extra charges, I labour at home first.. Contractions got very intense and felt like its the slowest time ever in my life.

11.30pm- get ready go hosp
12.00am- admitted to hosp and put in obs ward.
Nurse check for dilation only 1.5cm.
12.30am- nurse put in stool pill in anus to pass motion cause contractions 3-4mins apart. Go pass motion for about 1/2hr.
1.00am- lying down on bed then felt something gush out. Thought I shat on bed and nurse say waterbag burst already at 1.35am
1.45am- go labour ward. Tahan contractions all the way.
Nurses check dilation every now and then.
dilation 3cm 0236hrs
dilation 4cm 0304hrs, at this point cannot tahan, beg hubby for epi. Then he say i promise no epi. Beg n beg then say okay. But before sign paper nurse check dilation 8cm already. I told hubby no need Epi already. All the way from admitted use gas till labour.
dilation 8cm 0616hrs
first urge to push 0625hrs
dilation 9cm 0708hrs
dilation 10cm 0730hrs
real pushing 0734hrs
asst dlvry by Dr 0830hrs cause too tired already cannot push hard enough and baby too big. Doc do episiotiomy and use vacuum to get baby out. Baby delivered 0839hrs weigh 3.23kg.

Now still in hosp, discharge later. Recovering from the stitches!! Too sore to walk and very painful in bed. Pass motion twice already with help of stool softener medicine. Exclusive breastfeeding too!! Cant wait to go home..
And after baby come out, all pain is gone. Very good feeling also!!

Alhamdulillah now we are back at home and resting. ;)

diza

Congrats feera!!! So proud of u tak pakai epidural and even when u are induced ur labour is shorter compared to mine.. Mine was 25hrs in the labour ward and after enduring for 12 hrs of labour pain, I gave up and took epi. Will share my birth story soon.. Now on the way to fetch my prince frm KK.. He was admitted the next day after we discharged due to very high level of jaundice... Dah 4 hari pat sana. Only today can be discharged.

feera

Diza, my gynae pun cakap she didnt expect me to give birth in the morning. Alhamdulillah the 2nd induce really works and water bag burst on its own.

Mummies, ur baby took how many days to tanggal pusat?

Wow feera. Alhamdulillah u can tahan without epi
for THAT long! I didnt take epi either but my labour was short. I think if mine was like urs, i wld hv succumbed to epi.. Hehe...

Diza, do share ur birth story if u r free. Anyway, has ur prince's jaundice come dwn? Dun take ubat periuk n jamu if u r breastfeeding. Wait till his jaundice clears :)

Slm mummies
Any of u having morning sickness at the end of 2nd trimester? I lost track of how many weeks i am now.. Maybe 26/27 weeks n recently been few days feel nauseous n headache :(
It's like early preg morning sickness .. I read that it can come back.. Hope nothing than that..

diza

Salam ladies,

Finally had the chance to switch on my laptop while my mother takes care of the boy. So here's my birth story. A loong one.

Since my gynae is leaving to TMC, decided to induce thinking that she will be there during my delivery but unfortunately no. All deliveries were passed to her partner. But she did check on me while I was in the labour ward and after I delivered the next morning. Was angry at first but I guess it's fated and I'm thankful that I was induced coz firstly my baby was bigger than average at the time of birth and secondly, the gynae who took over was sssooo good! I wouldn't mind taking her for baby no. 2. Insya-Allah...

Sat:
6 a.m. - Check-in at delivery suite
7 a.m. - First prostin tablet inserted
9.30 a.m. - Sent to my room to rest
2 p.m. - Sent to triage to be checked. Cervix was only 1.5cm dilated so inserted the second prostin tablet.
5 p.m. - Sent to my room again
8.30 p.m. - Started to feel contractions. They were about 10 min apart.
10.30 p.m. - Contractions get stronger and were about 3 min apart.
11 p.m. - Decided to inform the nurses that I was in pain and they brought me to labour ward. M.O. on duty checked me and I was only 2.5cm dilated. They forced me to take a jab on my thigh so that I will sleep.

Sunday:
3 a.m. - M.O. checked and I was only 3.5cm dilated. Inserted tablet no. 3 and pitocin drip was administered.
8 a.m. - Gynae checked and asked the nurses to burst my water bag and increased the pitocin dosage.
11 a.m. - Pain was unbearable! I was only 4 cm dilated! Contractions was as high as level 10 on the chart. Hubby said I looked like I was possessed whenever my contractions came. My body was shaking vigorously, my breathing was really heavy and my eyes were rolled up. He couldn't really see my pupils. He cried seeing me in that condition and forced me to take epidural which I refused at first. I was also worried I might not have the energy to push especially when I was not allowed to eat so I eventually agreed to epidural. Was disappointed with myself at that moment.
11.30 p.m. - Fully dilated. Even with an increased dosage of pitocin drip, it took me 2 hours to dilate 1cm. Practised pushing with hubby and only 1 nurse in the room. Started to crown and gynae came.

Monday:
12 a.m. - Gynae said that my baby's head was not in the right position. She tried to turn his head manually but he refused to stay in the correct position. Gynae had no choice but to get my husband to agree to assisted delivery. Used forceps.
12.38 a.m. - Half of his body was out.
12.39 a.m. - With a total of three pushes, I delivered my boy.

So yeah, was in the labour ward for abt 25hrs... Baby's head was big, his head was not in place and weighing 3474g, gynae told me that he is bigger than average for my size. And I had two episiotomy wound... My labour was as long as my mother's and at that time there wasn't any epidural. I was really disappointed because I have set my mind not to have epidural because I wanted to feel what labour feels like and I kept telling myself, if my mother can do it, so can I.. But apparently I can't and one of the midwives were not encouraging at all.. She was telling me to take epidural the moment I came into the labour room because she said I won't stand the pain... Quite irritated with her comments lah. But anyway, I'm glad he has finally arrived and till now, I still can't believe I just gave birth to a child.

And Rambling Mummy, I am on total BF.. Milk flow came in on the 4th day and alhamdulillah, the supply is more than his feeding.

lizasaifi

Slm mummies
Any of u having morning sickness at the end of 2nd trimester? I lost track of how many weeks i am now.. Maybe 26/27 weeks n recently been few days feel nauseous n headache :(
It's like early preg morning sickness .. I read that it can come back.. Hope nothing than that..
Salam Princesses

It happened to me too but only a couple of days. Mostly nausea n gagging. Similar to wat I had during 1st trimester but not as bad. I think it's normal cuz I ever read when u abt to enter 3rd trimester symptoms from 1st trimester mite come back. Now I'm at 3rd trimester all kinds of symptoms come. Heartburn, indigestion, constipation which I nvr had before, my bp fluctuates n also sleepless nights. Dun worry so much k. :) just make sure u have enough rest n eat healthily. Insya Allah d nausea n headache will disappear as soon as u reach 3rd tri or mid of it.

Slm Lizasaifi

Glad I'm not alone.. First time ever in all my pregnancy I have a "coming back" morning sickness :/ gagging while brushing at times n certain smells pun put me off .. So funny it's like starting all over again. But feel assured now thks to u..

Read that you've been warded recently.. How r u now?

lizasaifi

Slm Lizasaifi

Glad I'm not alone.. First time ever in all my pregnancy I have a "coming back" morning sickness :/ gagging while brushing at times n certain smells pun put me off .. So funny it's like starting all over again. But feel assured now thks to u..

Read that you've been warded recently.. How r u now?
Salam Princesses

Hahhaa same as me...brushing teeth also can cause me to gag,..dats normal from wat I read in books so dun worry k...

Yeah I was warded last week for 2 n half days cuz bp went up...masa check up my bp naik to a ridiculous number...tk turun2 walaupun I gi relax n jln2...tk tau kenapa...funny thing is I nvr had any headaches or nausea or seeing flashing lights or anything...normal je tk rasa ape2...but still my doc nk monitor my condition so asked for me to be warded...first time in my life I was warded in hospital! Hahaha Alhamdulillah now my bp dah back to normal acceptable range...thanks to a lot of rest n an increase in my medication :D now looking fwd for d next scan next Wednesday...rindu nk tgk baby her hee

Yup.. To the pt I actually BF him in the lying position and both baby and me slept without realising.. He just continue to suckle and I just fall asleep:
I do tht all the time :) but b careful tho. Dun mean to scare u but There hv been cases where baby suffocated

diza

Yup.. I noticed that it's actually dangerous too... Insya-Allah takde apa2. It is ok if at night I feed him bottle and day time I latch him?

It's ok. But if u bottle feed at nite, then u might hv to pump out the milk if not there'll b engorgement. If u wan to co-sleep like wat u do now when u bf him lying dwn, u can actually put ur child on a slightly elevated mattress on the bed e.g put his cot mattress on ur bed n let him sleep on it. Diz way, as bf, u r also aware tht he's on elevated ground thus reducing risk of suffocation. Tapi insyaalllah takde apa2. I co-sleep wif my girl as i bf her. Now she's 5mths old oredy. I put her back to her cot wen i realise tht she's asleep.

I also saw diz co-sleeper thingy for babies at baby hyperstore at ubi n at kiddy palace. Using tht is much safer as there's a barrier between u n baby on the bed.

Slm Lizasaifi

Salam Princesses

Hahhaa same as me...brushing teeth also can cause me to gag,..dats normal from wat I read in books so dun worry k...

Yeah I was warded last week for 2 n half days cuz bp went up...masa check up my bp naik to a ridiculous number...tk turun2 walaupun I gi relax n jln2...tk tau kenapa...funny thing is I nvr had any headaches or nausea or seeing flashing lights or anything...normal je tk rasa ape2...but still my doc nk monitor my condition so asked for me to be warded...first time in my life I was warded in hospital! Hahaha Alhamdulillah now my bp dah back to normal acceptable range...thanks to a lot of rest n an increase in my medication :D now looking fwd for d next scan next Wednesday...rindu nk tgk baby her hee
Lizasaifi - me pun can't wait to see baby again hehe but mine is a longer waiting time.. Next APPT wld b on the 18th.. Lambat nyeeeeee hehe
A lot of anxiety in waiting ni.. And i have bf counseling APPT too on that day.. It's something new to me cos was told it was newly introduced to all mummies to be :)
Rasa curious gitu how the counseling wld go.. :)
Anyway, gd to hear you r fine now.. I guess it's all " pembawaan bdk" .
Rest well k n dont exert yrself.

diza

It's ok. But if u bottle feed at nite, then u might hv to pump out the milk if not there'll b engorgement. If u wan to co-sleep like wat u do now when u bf him lying dwn, u can actually put ur child on a slightly elevated mattress on the bed e.g put his cot mattress on ur bed n let him sleep on it. Diz way, as bf, u r also aware tht he's on elevated ground thus reducing risk of suffocation. Tapi insyaalllah takde apa2. I co-sleep wif my girl as i bf her. Now she's 5mths old oredy. I put her back to her cot wen i realise tht she's asleep.

I also saw diz co-sleeper thingy for babies at baby hyperstore at ubi n at kiddy palace. Using tht is much safer as there's a barrier between u n baby on the bed.
I guess I will try to surf online to find how the co-sleeper thingy u mentioned look like then prob get my hubby to purchase it.