Any methods to increase the chance of getting pregnant?

Candy Gal

Hello everyone...I have been married for 2 years. My husband and I have always wanted a baby... we have been trying for 2 years without any results... my husband is too shy to seek doctor's help as he believed that both of us are still young and healthy... Pls help....

xinxin

Candy Gal, I think it is best if you and your hubby go for a full body check up. It is better to know early where the problem lies and determine the best course of action. 2 years of trying is kind of long. Maybe you can persuade your hubby to go by making the whole visit to doctor sound casual. Don't give him too much pressure.

I don't really know specific ways to increase the chance of pregnancy but you might want to buy a ovulation kit. Make sure you have sexual intercourse during your ovulation period.

Cheers
XinXin

snowy

Hi Candy Gal, I agree with xinxin. You should persuade your hubby to go for a checkup with u. There is nothing to be embarassed about. Many couples also have difficulty conceiving. With the help of advanced medical procedures, I believe most couples will fulfill their dream of becoming a Daddy or Mummy :eek:

Candy Gal

Hi Snowy and Xinxin..thanks for your advice. Discussed this issue with my hubby last night. He said see first leh :( will try to persuade him again.

Happydays-shop

perhaps, you can try buy OPK first and see how ?
If you're not ovaluting well, can get a ovalute tablet from gynae.

Last edited:

pinkcornflower

Hi Candy Gal, don't be disappointed.. I am also been trying got no.2 for the last 4 months.. Still, no news... But we remain optismistic.. Do relax yourselves once in a while and make good use of the ovulation period, I believe it helps.. Lets be hopeful yet not stressful about it, ok? Cheers..

Candy Gal

Happydays...will try out what u suggest. Thks!

Pinkcornflower...at least you already have one baby. So dont stress yourself so much on the 2nd one. 4 months is not a very long time. Your first one is a boy or gal? How old? ;)

charmaine

strongly agree go see gynae to assist for greater conceiving chances
u might be healthy but it's the reproductive system that is within both of u. so go and have a check to determine the problem. at least can narrow down the cause and nimb on the roots of the problem all for once.

normally will check for sperm count and ur ovaries if the eggs are healthy and not blocked.

then maybe clomid might be prescribed to u to regulate and help in ur ovulation.
get Ovulation test kit to help monitor ur cycle

Have sex alternate days near or during ovulation period. best to have sex before ovulation to increase higher chances

try to hold and contains sperm if ur DH has a habit of DIY so that sperm is not 'diluted' and thus stronger to swim and survive.

tilt ur bottom after sex and engage in deep penetration to aids the sperm to swim towards ur egg. do not get up and wash immediately after sex

hope all these helps

Lingbel

Yup, I use the ovluating stripe to test when I am TTC 3 years ago, after 9mths of trying, I am now a mother of my 18mths old girl. I am now TTC for no 2.

pinkcornflower

Happydays...will try out what u suggest. Thks!

Pinkcornflower...at least you already have one baby. So dont stress yourself so much on the 2nd one. 4 months is not a very long time. Your first one is a boy or gal? How old? ;)
Hi gal, mine is a boy.. :p He's now 6 months old..

rena076

hi Candygal,

I am also trying for # 2 also no news.. ihave been trying for 1 year already. i tried my first one for 4 years... if your hb is shy.. you can advise him to go to the chinese sinseh.. at jurong east .. very good coz my hb also shy then she can check his case by touching his pluse..

SDY

Alpha Male
Hi Candygal,

Usually doctors will advice that if you're still not pregnant after 1 yr of regular unprotected sex, it may be best to seek medical advice. It's better to seek medical advice early at least you still have time on your side, rather than wait till you both are in your late 30s. Artificial means does not guarantee success, in fact, the success rate drops as you age.
I'm not sure if dh is shy or more of a male ego thing, but if he is really keen on being a daddy, then he has to overcome his shyness/ego and see a doctor with you.

Good Luck !

nikonnet1

any body knows where is the so called famous bukit batok sin sei? Any experience that can share?

fyi, I would like to try conceive end of the year, now still breastfeeding. Join in your queue in year end!! :Dancing_wub:

Jayme

hi Candygal,

I am also trying for # 2 also no news.. ihave been trying for 1 year already. i tried my first one for 4 years... if your hb is shy.. you can advise him to go to the chinese sinseh.. at jurong east .. very good coz my hb also shy then she can check his case by touching his pluse..
Where is this Sin Seh leh?

priscilla

Hi Rena

Good to see you here too. I am also TTCing for #2. Was not so hardworking last year but this year we are trying hard for the last 3 months, so hope that we will get a minnie mouse for #2.