Any New Mummy NOT Breastfeeding

Hi sugarcookie, dun feel guilty, you are better than me, just to let you know, I breastfeed my first kid for only 1 day then i stopped totally. Felt quite bad cos can't take it cos my MIL is screaming in the background asking me to stop breastfeeding.

For my 2nd kid, I only breastfeed for 2 weeks cos I realise my supply too low.

For my present kid now 2months old, Iafter doing loads of reading on breastfeeding and asking, I am happy to say that i am still breastfeeding even though my supply not much. I must say breastfeeding is really hard work. There are many times when i wanted to give up but honestly, if you decided to stop, it's ok just make it up for the next kid. Don't be too hard on yourself.:001_302:
Same here; am feeling so upset about it. sometimes will just go n cry in my rm.

First few days, no milk, they -relatives kept stressing me about how come no milk. say shld bf

When have milk, baby wakes up every 2 hrs for bm. frequency of poo 6-8 times. then, mum keep asking me to give up bm. cus difficult for her to tc next time when im back to work after confinement.

When i go to the doc, docs kept advising me to bf. dilema

Spiralng

Hey why your MIL screaming you to stop BFing?

my MIL kept telling me to try try try even though DS didn't want my breasts...
Haiz....firstly, the baby kept crying.... secondly, I make the mistake of coming out of the master bedroom toilet holding the breast pump containing the patheic few drops of milk(yes...I pump the milk in the toilet cos no privacy) when my MIL is in the room.

I really envy you. Your MIL is sooooo open minded. Mine not only scream but to add fuel to the oil, kept repeating that I am trying to starve my baby to death when I hv no milk and yet keep insisting to breastfeed. She announced to the whole world that i hv no milk whereas her daughter have ample milk......:embarrassed: but all that is in the past....

Spiralng

Same here; am feeling so upset about it. sometimes will just go n cry in my rm.

First few days, no milk, they -relatives kept stressing me about how come no milk. say shld bf

When have milk, baby wakes up every 2 hrs for bm. frequency of poo 6-8 times. then, mum keep asking me to give up bm. cus difficult for her to tc next time when im back to work after confinement.

When i go to the doc, docs kept advising me to bf. dilema
Don't be too upset. There are always BIG MOUTH relatives and you can't stop them from commenting. Ignore them.

As long as you are not too tired, you should continue to breastfeed.

What i did was, hide in the room, give my MIL timing for the next feed. Sometimes, I cheat a little and give her earlier timing than i tell her as long as baby dun cry, can drag a bit longer. My MIL is the type that every 3 hours mean must feed the baby exactly 3 hours even though the baby is hungry after 2.5 hours.

Latch your baby during the timing when your mum wants to have her rest so she won't interfere with how long u breastfeed the baby. Try to pump extra milk and kept it in the fridge so your mum can use bottle feed.

For me, I latch the baby on when i feel like sleeping cos i lie on the bed and breastfeed hee hee and when i am too lazy to pump or make milk, I just latch the baby on. So far it works and i have my rest. Based on experience, as long as baby eat and sleep, no one will bother you or comment too much. The comments only come when baby kept crying non stop......

Most important thing for you now is to take care, have enough rest and dun stress yourself too much.

Spiralng

seems like mummies are always the one stressing..
Yep....cos we are the walking cow. We provide the milk supply, work our ass off for the family and in the end, kena wack like cow....??!!:embarrassed: It's already stressful being a mummy so dun stress yourself further.:001_302:

isabelandrew

ya, me too. suffered injustice when my ger just born. she kept crying, even after latching. when latching, she is quiet and sleepy. later when i pull out, she cry. later i realized fm pd that she got tummy wind. before that, my M?IL kept bringing the bb to ask me to feed. kept saying i no milk, poke my breasts and comment why not hard.. kept asking me to feed FM. sigh.........

luckily my bb grew in her 3 mth. the noise has stopped.