any of ur children experience behaviour change after CC?

isabelandrew

hihi, i read d forum but nobody talk about this. i recently send my daughter to childcare, she is coming to 3YO.

1st 2 weeks, she is happy. Suddenly she started to show the sign of resistance to go to CC. she also became angry at home. would cry at the slightest thing. Super demanding.

is this transition to school??

annabel

hihi, i read d forum but nobody talk about this. i recently send my daughter to childcare, she is coming to 3YO.

1st 2 weeks, she is happy. Suddenly she started to show the sign of resistance to go to CC. she also became angry at home. would cry at the slightest thing. Super demanding.

is this transition to school??
hi, i not try to be smart here, but from my understanding from my own experience, my son start to dislike when i send him to cc is because he feel we (the parent) neglect him by put him in cc. i always told him, that we put him cos we need to work, and he also need to go to study and make friends. until now he still kinda hate the cc... but me as the mommy also never bored to remind him the benefit of cc, got friends, toys, nice teachers.. can play at playground, sing with friends, bla bla..and the most important thing - MOMMY LOVE YOU, and will always love you. i have been counsell him since he was 18months - can you imagine my lips? hahahaha joke aside, we must try to be patient and never give up.

nowadays my son quite ok when he go cc, unlike before.. he's 3.5 yrs old now. dont give up, ok?

Kelly80

Hi,

My son cry for 6 mths during cc. He only 2.5yrs. he quite timid and maybe teacher raise their voice and he though the teacher scold him. Now he already 4 yrs old. Now, he enjoy go to cc and be more confident. I can said, thank you to the cc principal. She is kind and try to observe each children. When i told her about my son attitude and why he keep crying within that period. The principal told me, she observe my son why keep crying is because the teacher give him more rice and he can not finish but the teacher will say dont waste food. So, he need eat finish the meal. After the principal observation, she told the teacher give him less meal and if my son need more rice, he can request.Day by day, the teacher keep add the rice and him whether enough or not. Eventually, all the children can request more if they want too. My son is different, he eat lesser but now he eat more.

One morning, my son did not want go cc. I ask him why and he just crying and insiste dont want go cc. So, i hugging him and kiss him. I ask him with gentle voice why he did not want go scold. Then, he said one of the teacher scold him because my son step story book and the teacher say dont want him. Then i explain to him , the book is for read and not step. Even at home also i will told him not step the book. Can be say, me and my son is best friend. I beleive communication with children and cc is very important.

I really lucky to enrol my son at this cc. All the teachers always communicate with parents and try to observe them during cc. I really thanks to all the cc teacher.:001_302:

isabelandrew

Hi,

My son cry for 6 mths during cc. He only 2.5yrs. he quite timid and maybe teacher raise their voice and he though the teacher scold him. Now he already 4 yrs old. Now, he enjoy go to cc and be more confident. I can said, thank you to the cc principal. She is kind and try to observe each children. When i told her about my son attitude and why he keep crying within that period. The principal told me, she observe my son why keep crying is because the teacher give him more rice and he can not finish but the teacher will say dont waste food. So, he need eat finish the meal. After the principal observation, she told the teacher give him less meal and if my son need more rice, he can request.Day by day, the teacher keep add the rice and him whether enough or not. Eventually, all the children can request more if they want too. My son is different, he eat lesser but now he eat more.

One morning, my son did not want go cc. I ask him why and he just crying and insiste dont want go cc. So, i hugging him and kiss him. I ask him with gentle voice why he did not want go scold. Then, he said one of the teacher scold him because my son step story book and the teacher say dont want him. Then i explain to him , the book is for read and not step. Even at home also i will told him not step the book. Can be say, me and my son is best friend. I beleive communication with children and cc is very important.

I really lucky to enrol my son at this cc. All the teachers always communicate with parents and try to observe them during cc. I really thanks to all the cc teacher.:001_302:
Thanks for your kind advice. What CC is that?

My girl makes things difficult for me at home. While I have little support about her going to school, I'm going to try again.

do you have the meal time table so that I can compare mine with urs as a general references?

isabelandrew

hi, i not try to be smart here, but from my understanding from my own experience, my son start to dislike when i send him to cc is because he feel we (the parent) neglect him by put him in cc. i always told him, that we put him cos we need to work, and he also need to go to study and make friends. until now he still kinda hate the cc... but me as the mommy also never bored to remind him the benefit of cc, got friends, toys, nice teachers.. can play at playground, sing with friends, bla bla..and the most important thing - MOMMY LOVE YOU, and will always love you. i have been counsell him since he was 18months - can you imagine my lips? hahahaha joke aside, we must try to be patient and never give up.

nowadays my son quite ok when he go cc, unlike before.. he's 3.5 yrs old now. dont give up, ok?

I just started her .. I'm glad I am in the same shoes.. I hope to preserve...

Kelly80

Thanks for your kind advice. What CC is that?

My girl makes things difficult for me at home. While I have little support about her going to school, I'm going to try again.

do you have the meal time table so that I can compare mine with urs as a general references?
Hi Isabelandrew,

Mine cc at jurong west st41. Some parent did not like the way the cc discipline the child . Parent was said, the teacher are cruel, no love & etc. But for me, I can see improvement from my child who always scream and bite & not sharing toys among sibling had turn to obidient, like reading & sharing. Most important is both of them enjoy go cc. Within a year, cc have 2 to 3 trip outdoor. (eg. farm,sentosa,picnic.) My children enjoy so much.

Generally i did not make a meal time table for my children. As for the meal, I try to follow cc time (eg. morning 8am, lunch 12noon, tea time 3pm, dinner 6.30pm, milk before dinner 9.30pm and bed time 10pm.)

As for the meal type, i had fixed must have Fish (eg. cord fish&salmon or any good type) sometime replace by chicken, vegetable (eg. spinach,brocolli,cabbage or any type green vege) & soup is a MUST for chinese. Mine is very simple meal and i avoid pork & meat. On weekend, i will ask them choose type of noodle they like to eat & cook with ikan bilis soup. Simple and save money.

Mine children did not choose dish. The cc will write on white board for each day meal provide. They provide different dish everyday. I will always ask respective teacher about what dish that my children not really like during cc and i try to cook the dish to see why he dislike the dish.

Must remember, don't let your children eat too much junk food because this will affect the meal time. I only allow my children eat junk food (eg. chocolate & 1 sweet) during tea time. I did not purpose buy junk food for them. So, when we go out shopping, my children never fancy the junk food except chocolate. hahah....

Ekari

The hardest task is actually trying to help your child understand the situation and circumstances. Spend some time in the early attempt of sending them to child care, slowly sway away once they get used to it. Try help them make friends instead of straight away leaving them there. Put yourself in their position, you would feel how they feel too right?

isabelandrew

Thanks for all these kind advice.

I honestly feel good about the school I have enrolled my DD. she started to cry and was shouting from the school. I can hear her loudly from opposite road.

My in laws however were quite against with the school. They are nice but over protective. They cannot apprehend why children need time to adapt.

I'm torn and sad. Somehow feel that there was no support.

Her school is a semi D. I saw the unit beside the CC being torn down and re build.

OMG. Means super dusty for children?

cel.lea

I guess all kids have their passing phase for this! My started after a yr being in ccc. Iwhat id id was to talk to his teacher & discuss hot to solve it. the teacher help me understand a lot so we can pin point why he's behaving like that. after 2mths? he was ok again.

annabel

Thanks for all these kind advice.

I honestly feel good about the school I have enrolled my dear daughter. she started to cry and was shouting from the school. I can hear her loudly from opposite road.

My in laws however were quite against with the school. They are nice but over protective. They cannot apprehend why children need time to adapt.

I'm torn and sad. Somehow feel that there was no support.

Her school is a semi D. I saw the unit beside the CC being torn down and re build.

OMG. Means super dusty for children?
Hi there, it's ok, we support you, we as mother need to be brave and send our child to school early.. because now the environment - the social living it's not like 30 yrs ago. How our child able to develop social skills if we contained them at home? School not only to study academically but also to give our children the social skill knowledge. So, keep on and don't give up. You may pm me if you need a "shoulder" or an "ear" to listen to.

Dusty area around CC - who cares ? only us the parents that cares. it also happen on my chilc CC - now right in front of the CC window there is a construction for HDB lift upgrading - and u know what? no proper barrier in place, they just place a metal fence like the one use in a padang when there is an event going on, i can see clearly the dangerous materials, DUST, the dirt on the machine that ready to fly when it dry, the cements dust - all not healthy and hazardous materials are there, i wonder is this the standard of the construction in Singapore? the barriers are open every kids and adult can go in without any difficulties. Anyone care? no .... only the parents... sigh
I ever reported on a not healthy practice of a construction site u know what the agency officer reply? OK we will someone to spray the water on that area... will water solve the issue? how about health ? the lungs? the respiratory organs? hahaha what a joke after that i stop giving feedback - spray water....

Last edited: