Any part-time cleaning lady to recommend?

I would like to get a cleaning lady who can come in a few hours a week to help clean up my place and iron my clothes. Can anyone help?

Jodav

Mine is a China Lady named, Xiao Liu. Very neat and tall lady. Good with washing of windows, vaccumm, Mopping and ironing clothes. Recently I heard she is also taking care of young kids when the mummy is out for shopping..... Anyway, she is a clean worker. $10 per hour HP: 84519076. Travels to anywhere.

Hi! For Xiao Liu, can just ask her to do anything? Mopping, washing toilet, vacuuming, cleaning windows, cleaning kitchen? Does she has a min wking hours? Eg: min 4hrs? Also, do i need to be at home to supervise her while she is cleaning

Last edited:

llcyahoo

I would like to get a cleaning lady who can come in a few hours a week to help clean up my place and iron my clothes. Can anyone help?
hi preggie, hv you get yr PT maid? I'm staying in sengkang also, think of getting one.
Juz called my previous PT maid who stay opposite my flat, but charging 4 hrs $50 (used to be $10/hr). She is good but i think now abit X lei, so i still thinking.

Jodav

BluecloudSaviva,

Yes. Xiao Liu is good. No need to supervise her. Maybe you want to supervise her for 1st time. Well, my experience with her was the best amongst 3 other ladies. Recently got a maid but I still miss her. She just need 1 time to familarise with your housework (so it's a little slower for 1st time cleaning). After that, she is pretty fast in working. Yes. You can ask her to do anything! I guess you can talk to her about time issue. 4 hours is what I requested. She will keep you informed if you miss any detergents or if it's finished. Very Careful with furnitures also. As I have lots of wood and glass stuff at home, I told her to be extra careful :) No problem so far! To be more efficient, do get ready to tell her where are your;

1) cleaning cloth (or specific cloth to clean certain area)
2) newspaper for glass/window cleaning
3) mops, brush and pails
4) Vaccum cleaner
5) Detergents
6) Iron
7) Washing machine
etc

Let her know what she should do in the 4 hours. For me, normally (in order);
1) General wiping and cleaing of furniture
2) Windows (I have lots of windows. easily about 18 to 20 panels of full glass windows)
3) Cleaning of kitchen and stove area
4) Vaccum + Mopping of whole house. (I have 4 bedrooms)
5) Washing of 2 toilets
6) Ironing (sometimes)
7) clearing rubbish

Last edited:

uddermummy

jodav,

i'm quite interested in getting xiao liu. How did you come to know about her? Does she have to be employed for a min number of weeks?

Also, is she okay with dogs? Am thinking of asking her to help wash my dog too. :p

Jodav

She was helping my mum previously. That's how I get to know her. No need min working weeks. Well, it's rather personnal on bathing for dogs. You need to check with her. I don have any idea on that.

Domique

My mum work in a service apartment before. She is now doing free lance cleaning for people. Once a week one time $50 minimum. Pm me if interesting.

kinberuri

Hi my mum is looking for part time cleaning job. PM me if interested. Residing in East area. =)
hi hi how much does ur mom charge? As i just given birth to my gal not long my mom is taking care of my gal for me. As i am still recovering from my c-sec wound due to an infection.

Pls do let me know

I used this indonesian PT maid before LNY for spring cleaning. $50 for 7 hours minimum but it was so tiring supervising her. I thought value for money but when i see her slip-shod cleaning method..cant help but gave her instructions, cant leave her alone.
If you dun mind supervising or u have ur mum or MIL at home to give her instructions to make sure she does a thorough job, u can use her since her charges is the cheapest i think.

Littlemoomoo

kuan

Mine is a China Lady named, Xiao Liu. Very neat and tall lady. Good with washing of windows, vaccumm, Mopping and ironing clothes. Recently I heard she is also taking care of young kids when the mummy is out for shopping..... Anyway, she is a clean worker. $10 per hour HP: 84519076. Travels to anywhere.
FYI, Xiao Liu stays in Bedok. Wanted 2 hire her, but I think distance is a bit far for her. I stay in JURONG. Though she is willing to take on the job (with transport reimbursement of $5 ), but i think eventually if she got more assignment nearer to her place, she will forgo those that are further....

Anyone else have diligent and honest part-time maid to recomend?? P.S. Not too old, because I have ceiling fans to clean....

kinberuri

Hi all mummies,

Enagaged Xiao Liu to clean the house yesterday (4 room). There are some points that i would like to list down. From there all mummies can consider if you wanna enagaed her then.

Positive Points
- Very quiet & tactful when cleaning cos i told her my baby is sleeping
- Good in mopping the floor
- Ironing not so bad though a bit slow
- Clean the fan well

Negative Points
- When washing the fan & toilet, she turn on the tap to the max (kinda like wasting water)
- Request for old toothbrush when washing toilet but didnt use at all ( cos realise that the previous water stain still there)
- Did not shift items down when cleaning the cupboard top, she will clean whenever can see & can clean.

Overall she is ok lo if you are not really very particular and fussy. For my case, my mom is kinda particular cos of my baby.

Will consider again if i need her service.