Any symptoms before actual labour?

lonerjas

Keke anyway is at the back u cant see so nothing to be scary just like normal injection lor nothing much de.. i tink the contractions are much more painful LOL

CanCanMum

Realli??? but heard that cannot move right, becoz have to be precise. So is it ticklish hah? I very scare of tickle... LOLs!!! Esp at the back area!!!

Ah Cheng

Actually cant really see how it was done when you are lying down.
But they inject in, it's just a snap pain. But after injection, I feel that my whole body is shaking. When there is contraction, the body shakes. The midwife has it's ok. I still can nap for about 10mins once a while.

However, something bad about epidural is I feel numb after that I got no energy to push. In the end, gynae got to use forcep for delivery.

SH74

my hb saw the whole process of the epidural injection n explained in detail to me aft that. dunno got blood or not. my hb didnt say. mayb dun hv a lot. if not, he'll tell me.

yes, we hv to lie on our side, bend our back a bit, then stay still while the doc inject. must stay as still as possible so doc can inject v easily. my GP say if got difficulties injecting, u might get bad backache aft that. for me, i started to shiver even more at that position 'cause i know i'm going to b jab v soon. hahaha... :D

the doc will give GA 1st (on the thigh) if i didnt rem wrongly, then he will then put in a v thin tube, followed by a vvvv thin needle, to insert the epidural medicine. u'll feel the liquid going into ur body, a cooling tickling feeling. will start to shiver a bit.

then the doc will secure the tube from ur back to the machine. then done.

u might feel ur whole body having tickling itchy feeling. if really unbearable, tell nurse, she'll prob reduce dosage.

aft the epidural, u'll feel numb. it's a v funny feeling. my hb tried to tickle my feet. i can feel but not ticklish. it's like my skin is vvv thick. i tried to lift up my feet, but it's vvv heavy. if i didnt rem wrongly, the nurse will insert a tube to discard the pee. i could feel the tube going in, but cant feel the pain. it's a v weird feeling. u can feel the contractions, but it's not painful.

aft that, i sleep like a pig till the next day (was given epidural only at night, aft dinner). didnt want it too early (gynae suggested to give in late afternoon/evening) 'cause i heard some bad cases fr my friends abt having it too early.

oh ya... w epidural, when going to deliver, when nurse ask u to push, u just push, though u may not feel much. my colleague who gave birth a month early than me, told me that. n i find it v useful 'cause w epidural, cant really feel anything.

i kept pushing. bb out, i cant feel it. gynae show me my blood coated bb, then i know he's out alr. hahaha... :D for me, no need any forceps. luckily. aft that, gynae ask my hb to cut the cord. if w/o epidural, i think wont hv energy to witness anything after delivery.

when gynae stitch me up, i can feel the actions but no pain.

it's like epidural removes ONLY the pain.

if u intend to take photos / videos or hb going to cut the cord, ur hb will b busier. u hv to let ur hb know wat is more impt. support / assist u or take photo. must move fast. need to let gynae know also. my gynae will stop watever he's doing, then tell my hb take photo,... too bad cant take pics of him cutting the cord. cutting the cord also need a bit of skill.

Last edited:

badtzzz

how long usually does the epi lasts? cos my fren say she heng heng use finish e epi immediately after she gt stitch back...if not enough then w how ah...

gd ah..still cn slp...i think i cant really slp well in an v diff environment n like to toss n turn one lei... light sleeper too..or e epdi make u feel like zzz?? so ur hubby was there e whole nite acc. u, jus in case u gt a feeling of giving birth?

SH74

the epi medicine is in a BIG syringe, controlled by a machine. my epi starts to wear off i think 5-6 hrs aft delivery. that's when i start to feel the stitch pain, n rem y the nurse ask me if i need painkillers. :D

i think the nurses n gynae shld b experienced enough to make sure it last thru out delivery. if really wear off in the mid, really SIAO LIAO!

me everywhere also can sleep. so can sleep well. dunno if epidural will make us drowsy. possible. my hb there whole nite, sleep on the couch which can be straightened to become bed.

badtzzz

oh....so did u take painkillers?

2-bedded sometimes nt nice to hve hb by urside to acc u thru e nite...unless u r the only one in the room...

i think i can slp well lor, unless i drain off my energy e day b4...hehehe...

SH74

badtzzz> when the epi starts to wear off, then i realised the purpose of the painkillers. i try to tahan but really painful. so took painkillers but nurse say it'll take abt 1-2 hrs b4 the med takes effect. so that period of time i was like stiff up, dun dare to move 'cause v painful. then nurse say this pain is nothing compared to the real contraction pains. *SCARY* when i hear that, i was v glad that i had epidural. if not, sure faint.

labor suite is single bed 1. got a lot of space. n they allow hb to sleep there also. aft delivery, i admitted to 2-bedded. my hb went back to sleep. no pt for him to accompany me since i wont hv any prob sleeping. hahaha... :D

badtzzz

hhahah..dun noe lei...i still not quite sure how would i feel mann...scared gt the wrong feeling..hahaha

oic...i tend to move ard a lot...not those kind can sit still one lei...hhaahaha...

January84

whether have contractions anot, your tummy will be as hard as a rock, that's when u r ready to labour liao.

badtzzz

nw sometimes i will hve this kind of feeling but after a while i ask my bb not to squeeze me, then my tummy relax liao...

Porukadotzu

i hv piles the day b4 my baby come out, i thought i ate too much heaty stuff haha..
then at tat night i was having this feeling like diarhea, i went toilet every 2 hr, then every 1 hr, then every 15 min, then every 5 min i woke up feeling a trhobing pain on my back and lower tummy.. which getting more and more pain each contraction.

then when the water broke i knew it won't be long.. so hurry bath, wash hair, wear tampons incase the water still leaking on the way, wake up hubby and change clothes to hospital, dun forget to hv breakfast first hehehhe.. thou pain but still need to eat lah! otherwise faint on the way..

the worse feeling when contraction happen while on the way to hospital.. i can't sit properly.. feel like standing up in the car haha
and the worse feeling was when the nurse insert me the lube to pass motion, imagine tat! i got piles and they put tat and seconds later i feel the worse worse tummy ache ever! hahha..

waw i was in the toilet and feel like can not even move to stand up.. and my silly hubby still asking why am i taking so long at the toilet... aiyooo ... feel like banging his head lor!

i tink i can not bear to wait or even to bend still if the anaesthesist inject the epi... i was thinking to hv that when the contraction getting stronger thou.. really can not catch the breath. I never practice breathing for delivery, maybe tats why i was gasping for air.

lucky the nurse told me to use the gas, and she offer to give me the shot at thigh to reduce the pain.

CanCanMum

sorry ah i just side track abit, how does it feel like wearing tampons? Issit really free and easy hah? i hav not tried be4 in my life leh, just scared to use it. So u dun use pad liaoz??