Anybody see Dr CH KOH??

firsttot

How izzit? heard alot said that he friendly.
I find him friendly and professional. He likes to crack jokes too. Felt at ease and comfortable with him taking care of my pregnancy. And when it was time to give birth, he was very fast and efficient - I was impressed.

Most of the time, need to wait quite long during appointments. Initially didn't like the long wait, but after a few times, got used to it coz my hub and I would make use of the time (in between after registering and till our turn to see him) to go and run errands and walk/shop around Toa Payoh Central. But on several occasions when my appointments were on Wed or Thu, I waited for less than half an hour. Try to avoid Fri and Sat appointments - very packed.

stonston

My good friend went to him many years ago & at tt time I always accompany her for her appt cos her hb always at work.

Waiting time is long but I find him friendly. But I did not choose him as my gynae as I find him pricey & the location not convenient for me (plus v hard to find parking).

Lin-12

He's a fantastic doc. He's my gynae for my both pregnancy and he truly did a great job. For my 1st pregnancy (natural birth), it was terrible..was having bleeding thruout my and needed total bed rest. He's patient and gave me alot of advice. Professional too. And for my 2nd pregnancy (C-sect due to breech position), he did a great job. No ugly scar and healed very fast. Overall he's a very good doc. But though the waiting time is very long. But got used to it as u can shop and eat there while waiting. There's a huge kiddy palace there too... :)

mummy wanabe

i had my gynae scan with dr koh yesterday. i waited for an hr b4 i could see him even though appt. overall he's patient & friendly doc. as it's my 1st time to see a gynea, he really made me feel ease & relax toking to him. he patiently explained & answered all my queries & doubts. overall he's friendly, experienced & k crack jokes gynea.

redjn

Dr Koh is my gynae too. he is really nice & funny... in fact he is also my sister's gynae. :) thumbup for him as a gynae:red:

serendipity

Dr Koh has taken care of me since I was 19. I go to him for yearly check ups. I had a difficult 1st trimester. He has done a very good job for me so far, helping me sustain my pregnancy. The only downside is some nurses can be pretty rude and the waiting time is horrendous. But well, it's in Toa Payoh and there's so many things to eat, shop and see!

babystone

Was seeing him until a bad experience made me switch to KK private suite recently. During the visit I told him I got my own folic acid so I do not need any from him. When I was making payment the clinic assistant did not show me any supplements or inform me any supplements prescribed so I assumed they got my instruction. After transaction went through then they gave me the folic acid which I did not ask for it.

I asked them to cancel this transaction, one of the more experience chinese clinic assistant simply replied that is very cheap so there is no need to cancel, even after I told them I do not need since I got more than enough myself. I noticed the expiry of the folic acid is Jan 2013 it just made me wonder if is their way of pushing it to others due to expiry approaching. Lastly they only offered to exchange for me for other supplements during my next visit. But I never go back to them again.

Fortunately I have yet to sign the package with them and this bad experience made me change gynae immediately. Now I felt more at ease with the current gynae.

rellako

I'm seeing dr koh for my second pregnancy currently as well. In my opinion and experience, it's the nurse. Dr Koh is overall a funny, patience and experienced doctor. But the nurses sometimes really cannot make it! Make my blood boil too. Think dr Koh need to change his nurses.

Dragontail

I've never seen Dr Koh but I was seriously considering him due to few recommendations from different people.

However, I will not pick him anymore after few calls to his clinic. I have low threshold for rude customer service. I've called the clinic 3x. 1st was to enquire, 2nd was to book, 3rd was to cancel. None of the calls turned out that the clinic assistants cared; nor do they actually listen to customer (or potential "customer" in my case). The calls I made were not even demanding ones (simply enquiring and to make booking, etc). Told the clinic assistant off on the 3rd call. Not that it made a difference to her I guess.

I see that this thread started few years ago and the main problem, ie those frontliners, already existed then. No offence to people who trust and like Dr Koh but I do not respect him in this aspect because he doesn't seem to care about the ordeal that the mummies-to-be are facing in his clinic.

I'm currently seeing Dr Koh, 25 weeks. He has been very friendly to me, although my first visit to the clinic was not so pleasant. But it's definitely the nurses there, nothing to do with him. The first time I went down with my hubby, one of the fiercer nurses was very rude and impatient, and she insisted that there was no available slots of appointment till at least one month later, and she didn't want to give us the clinic telephone number either.

One week later, I experienced blood spotting and I was very scared so we rushed back to the clinic. I told another older nurse that I was experiencing painful cramps. They reluctantly gave me a queue number, and I had to wait about an hour and a half before I got to see Dr Koh. When I went in for consultation, he made some small chit chat and asked why hadn't I come to check earlier. So I told him what the nurses had told me.

Dr Koh actually got very angry, and he called the nurses in and told them off infront of me. He was very stern and they seemed scared. After that, everytime I went back to the clinic, even if I had missed my appointment, the nurses would be very courteous and helpful. :)

Pinkme

Went to him for my first pregnancy and currently my second pregnancy. I found that he is quite experienced and skillful (his stitching is good and I able to go down from bed after less than 12hrs) and my postnatal bleeding is finished quite fast which according to my mom, gynae done good job in clearing the womb.

On my first pregnancy, I think is because of dragon year. His clinic is very pack and there is a time I waited for 3 hrs. but for my recent appointment is pretty fast and not so crowded as last year. Overall he is such a nice doctor who make some cold jokes, very practical and a lil bit fatherly kind of attitude.His clinic is very convenience and package wise is quite cheap.

The only complain is the nurses can give u some attitude sometime. But after few visit and small talk, they are quite ok w me. Just don't expect first class service from front desk.

Unwed

He is a very doctor. Very patient, gentle, well mannered. All my cousins is seen by him. More than 10 of us. LOL. I will be seeing him still in my upcoming check up. Waiting is worth it. :)

claval

Hi mummies,would like to check which month does the clinic offer maternity package and how much is it?
Currently 11 weeks pregnant but would like to switch as its nearer to my home.
Thanks in advance for the info

joeytly

Was seeing him until a bad experience made me switch to KK private suite recently. During the visit I told him I got my own folic acid so I do not need any from him. When I was making payment the clinic assistant did not show me any supplements or inform me any supplements prescribed so I assumed they got my instruction. After transaction went through then they gave me the folic acid which I did not ask for it.

I asked them to cancel this transaction, one of the more experience chinese clinic assistant simply replied that is very cheap so there is no need to cancel, even after I told them I do not need since I got more than enough myself. I noticed the expiry of the folic acid is Jan 2013 it just made me wonder if is their way of pushing it to others due to expiry approaching. Lastly they only offered to exchange for me for other supplements during my next visit. But I never go back to them again.

Fortunately I have yet to sign the package with them and this bad experience made me change gynae immediately. Now I felt more at ease with the current gynae.
Same here ! I switch to kkh after with him till I'm 30 weeks! Cause got spottings and infection the nurses are too rude I'm aware this is not dr koh fault but he shouldn't train his nurses like this ! Overall he is a good doctor !