Anyone feel regret having baby?

Ting

how is yr feeling if 30yrs later, they will feel regret having mother like you ?
iam sorry to say this.... but as a child, they also cannot choose their own parents.
yeah u can choose your frens, but u can nvr choose your family.

allycat

ermmmm i oredi promoted his toy tortoise, his toy lion and his toy tweety

he says his tortoise (Crush) is his brother, his toy lion (Lion) is his brother, his toy tweety (Tweety) is his sistarrrrrr lOlzzzzzzzzzzzzz
wow, that promotion is easy :D :D

Oppsgal

aiyo go easy on oppsgal . shes just ranting, ppl do get frustrated in parenting journey and often we do get thoughts or feelings that a parent should never have.

We are here to support each other ... so that we can be better parents !

Other mommies here gave good suggestions, making your place more baby safe will ease your stress too.

Gambate!

My baby fall off? I am sure that baby is safe then let sit there lah. Baby want to play with fan's switch. Headache leh. We baby proof the fan also so safe for those little fingers.

We did child proof the door... Tie the rope to attach door open to the wall, so baby cannot play and hurt again.

I am just making noise here... Have to vent some stress.

Last edited:

Oppsgal

actually my 13mth old can listen to command. Although not all the time but i would say 90% of the time she obeys me. I spank.

I have a plug just next to my bed. Initially after Net acquired mobility, she was naturally very curious of her surrounding and started to reach for everything within her ability. With that of course she reached for the plug, when she did, I said "NO!" and she was defiant initially and tried again I said "NO!" this time with a hard spank. She cries.

Everytime she reached for something that I dont allow her to, I tell her "NO!" and if she doesnt obeys I will spank her until she does. (Not hard spanking ya, but hard enough to induce some pain that will stop her pursuit)

Believe it or not, she has never tried to touch the plug, or the corner protector that she loves removing n putting into her mouth, or my kitchen stuffs! When she sees something she cant touch, she will point and tell me "no-no" but occasionally she does forget.

If you ask me, discipline can be taught and should be taught from as early as 10 mths. She still screams and stuffs but she do knows what is forbidden of her.

my 2 cents worth...
I only slap the hands lightly and say no. I dont want spank, so only lightly slap. Wait spank till cry, me also heartache.

jojoki

lightly not scared of u leh.. let them cry once twice thn they dun fool with u next time~ hehe

Oppsgal

I am still thinking about the teaching method:

hitting + some pain + reasoning = behave well

or

talk + reasoning = behave well

Scare hit everytime dont listen, my hands will get pain :tlaugh: and also baby will become violent adult next time.

AugBoyz

or

Scare hit everytime dont listen, my hands will get pain :tlaugh: and also baby will become violent adult next time.
it all depends on ur child. see which method works or like my monster, both ways works. Sometimes reasoning works sometimes need to flash cane :001_302:

Oppsgal

I know I will be slammed and judged by many Mummies here, but I'm being honest.

Yes, I have experienced feelings of regret.

Not always. But sometimes. And it happens when I am feeling stressed-out and overwhelmed.

But these feelings of regret always pass. And I always feel guilty shortly after. I'm sure these feelings of "regret" always pass for you too Oppsgal.

I believe all mothers love their children unconditionally, including yourself. It may be that you feel really stressed out and overwhelmed by the demands of parenting and translate these feelings into "regret".

dont't be too hard on yourself.
Glad to know not only me feeling this way... when super stress.

I will feel more regret if cant have baby as compare to having a baby. Maybe should replace the word "regret" to "stress".

Anyone feel stress having baby?

Oppsgal

it all depends on your child. see which method works or like my monster, both ways works. Sometimes reasoning works sometimes need to flash cane :001_302:

Maybe my baby still young. Sometimes dont even know my baby understand what I am talking about at this age of 1 year and few months.

The only thing can communicate is playing together. Baby knows when to start playing together only. :001_302:

AugBoyz

Maybe my baby still young. Sometimes dont even know my baby understand what I am talking about at this age of 1 year and few months.

The only thing can communicate is playing together. Baby knows when to start playing together only. :001_302:
1yr plus can understand what is ok n what is no no already. U just talk to her as if she understand, convey ur msg across to her, dun keep thinking tt she is still a baby n probably dun understand you.

ling.er

or

Dun ever regret to have a baby... Is a wonderful life create by U & ur love one..
Take ur time n slowly teach them.. Mayb u need help @ home can ask ur mum or mother in law..

If is mi 1st i will talk to them & tell them reason which is righ & which is wrong, if they did well then sayang them. Give them a change to learn dun hit @ 1st time..

Jia you.. ... .... Been a mummy is nt easy i knw.. Anyway she/he still small... :tsmile:

PinkDiamonds

When my girl touch or do something she is not supposed to, I will say "no!" very firmly. If she ignore and go do it I will walk over and smack her hand, then say, "no!"

If I say "no!" and she stop, I will smile at her or praise her, so she knows it is the right thing to do that makes mummy happy.

Some days she gets it, some days she don't. Sometimes she see when I'm about to smack her hand she will stop it. But I find myself repeating it everyday, at different things. So it's never ending.

apollo

Glad to know not only me feeling this way... when super stress.

I will feel more regret if cant have baby as compare to having a baby. Maybe should replace the word "regret" to "stress".

Anyone feel stress having baby?
frankly speaking, taking care of a baby/kid is nv stress-free. if i tell u i'm not stress at all, i'm lying! but i will calm myself down by telling myself the one i'm taking care of is my son, the one i love most, and i shd be happy! and only the 1st 3mths when ds was born, i was v stress, aft tt, everything is okay alrdy..

apollo

When my girl touch or do something she is not supposed to, I will say "no!" very firmly. If she ignore and go do it I will walk over and smack her hand, then say, "no!"

If I say "no!" and she stop, I will smile at her or praise her, so she knows it is the right thing to do that makes mummy happy.

Some days she gets it, some days she dont't. Sometimes she see when I'm about to smack her hand she will stop it. But I find myself repeating it everyday, at different things. So it's never ending.
i will go "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" den he will take off his hands. but usually he will go touch again the next min den i will go PIAK his hands.

MomoMummy

hmm i also dunno izzit regret for me.. but i do hope that my girl comes later in my life. just a thought for me but of cos if can turn back time, many things go crazy already..

i do believe my girl is God's gift to me.. so juz accept everything that is yours. me too when v stress up will think of what if now im not a mother nw i will be free blah blah blah.. but after a while when my girl is calm down.. i do feel a bit guilty why i tht of that..

believe oppsgal is feeling stress up when creating this thread.. she is juz ranting..