Anyone feel regret having baby?

Oppsgal

Thanks for most of the supporting and understanding mummies here who share the same thoughts as me when feeling stress.

Going to try "spank" my baby next time if see baby the playing the fan since my hb also do so... Must try to be firm.

Now happy to see baby having fun with the new toys bought over the holiday. :001_302:

Mummy :)

Glad to know not only me feeling this way... when super stress.

I will feel more regret if cant have baby as compare to having a baby. Maybe should replace the word "regret" to "stress".

Anyone feel stress having baby?
Oppsgal....your little darling so hyper active ah...???
Sound like my little terror...Mine gal super duper active...
BUT I never feel stress...Only feel sleepy and tired...
Well...I suppose all Mummies feel tired...and sleepy BUT never "REGRET"....

Maybe you can try to 'baby-proof' your whole house...
I did that and I have less problem...Plus...baby do "listen" to instruction but up to a certain limit...
Baby are always learning new things...
Be it safe or dangerous..that is how they learn:tlaugh:

Oppsgal

hmm i also dont know izzit regret for me.. but i do hope that my girl comes later in my life. just a thought for me but of cos if can turn back time, many things go crazy already..

i do believe my girl is God's gift to me.. so just accept everything that is yours. me too when very stress up will think of what if now im not a mother now i will be free blah blah blah.. but after a while when my girl is calm down.. i do feel a bit guilty why i tht of that..

believe oppsgal is feeling stress up when creating this thread.. she is just ranting..
Thanks MomoMummy for bringing across my thoughts on "feeling regret having baby" more clearly than what I have written in my 1st post, whereas some mummies started "shoot me" when see the post without truly understand me well.

My meaning of feeling regret means: if I were not a mother, not mean: I wish I do not have such a baby.:tlaugh:

Last edited:

Oppsgal

Oppsgal....your little darling so hyper active ...???
Sound like my little terror...Mine gal super duper active...
BUT I never feel stress...Only feel sleepy and tired...
Well...I suppose all Mummies feel tired...and sleepy BUT never "REGRET"....

Maybe you can try to 'baby-proof' your whole house...
I did that and I have less problem...Plus...baby do "listen" to instruction but up to a certain limit...
Baby are always learning new things...
Be it safe or dangerous..that is how they learn:tlaugh:
Have already 'baby-proof' ever since my baby is born. But seems always got new things coming up. Some 'baby-proof' things even spoil by my baby, and got pull out. Like the drawer, try stick the lucky baby thingy to stop from playing drawer, but the stick on got pull out by my "super strong" baby. :001_302: Toilet papers got pull out of boxes even if we locked it up. Always got new ways to find things to play which we say "NO" to.

PinkDiamonds

Have already 'baby-proof' ever since my baby is born. But seems always got new things coming up. Some 'baby-proof' things even spoil by my baby, and got pull out. Like the drawer, try stick the lucky baby thingy to stop from playing drawer, but the stick on got pull out by my "super strong" baby. :001_302: Toilet papers got pull out of boxes even if we locked it up. Always got new ways to find things to play which we say "NO" to.
babies are always very curious, especially when they see us using things. my girl will touch my remote control, my laptop (cause I use the computer at the coffee table), mouse, handphone, etc. She will even go and take my house phone. If I offer her a toy of her own, she'd rather play with the adult things.

I think it's because they want to imitate us and learn about the world.

Do you have a play yard or play pen? Maybe can consider getting one to put baby in?

I put my baby in when I need to do things, so whenever I let her out to roam, it's like a "reward" for her for playing by herself inside.

I think you should continue to say "no" and discipline when necessary. find out what u say or do will make baby stop, den emphasize on it whenever u dun wan baby to do something.

Oppsgal

babies are always very curious, especially when they see us using things. my girl will touch my remote control, my laptop (cause I use the computer at the coffee table), mouse, handphone, etc. She will even go and take my house phone. If I offer her a toy of her own, she'd rather play with the adult things.

I think it's because they want to imitate us and learn about the world.

Do you have a play yard or play pen? Maybe can consider getting one to put baby in?

I put my baby in when I need to do things, so whenever I let her out to roam, it's like a "reward" for her for playing by herself inside.

I think you should continue to say "no" and discipline when necessary. find out what you say or do will make baby stop, then emphasize on it whenever you dont want baby to do something.
Baby's bedroom = play yard. Toys scatter all over the room. Baby happy then roam and play about or choose to sleep then just go to sleep on the mattress. Dont want to put in one extra small play pen or what to make baby feel cage up. We bought a play tent to let baby have fun. But seems not playing also.

Haha... my baby also love to play laptop. Say no still want to come "disturb". Next time older, maybe I will get those toy laptop give baby play.

xue

I am still thinking about the teaching method:

hitting + some pain + reasoning = behave well

or

talk + reasoning = behave well

Scare hit everytime dont listen, my hands will get pain :tlaugh: and also baby will become violent adult next time.
sometimes when im really angry, i will accidentally spank my boy (cause it wasnt intentional) but he still does not listen..
so my cousin shared with me a book she read and there is this disciplin method which really work for her son.. i have tried it too n it works! instead of spanking, u can punish by making your kid stand at a naughty corner. for eg, my son is 2yrs old, i will punish him to face the wall for 2mins.. and whenever he misbehave, i just say dont make me punish u at the naughty corner..n he will stop.. maybe u can try this method when your child turns 2? probably now she is too young to get punish like that..

isabelandrew

I know this topic is inappropriate but I just want to share my journey.

I was hoping in despair to have a baby and being a mummy. I did not anticipate what entails. Suddenly I was pregnant. Both my hubby and I were shock but soon- I am 7 months pregnant.

Too stress at work with no headcount when my analyst quitted her job. I started to have contractions and was admitted TWICE. I don't want it was called but the strong thing to curb contractions. I got this painful injection to speed up the growth of my bb's lungs. All I know I was strapped to this CTG scan which I really hated.

Every contraction measurement stressed us.

Then I got discharged but on bed rest until 2 months later.

Because I was on bed rest, I did nothing to read up what to do when bb arrives. No help from parents. Then my water bag broke in office.

4 days after I discharged from hospital, I was super stressed - How to take care of this little fellow? How to breast feed? Countless nights crying and imagining to myself what I would have been doing without her? Then I knew I was in depression. I wanted to throw her out of the window.

One day I just told myself - to STOP it and pick myself UP!!!!!

Today, she is a happy little 14month bb.

Regret? Hmm, my volume of LOVE for her is beyond the scale. :)

But.. sometimes the depression thoughts sneak in though.....

Hmm.. i think the person who start off this post, need some encouragement. I alway feel it is not only the baby who is trying to learn what's Yes and No/right or wrong. It is also a learning experience for being a mum. Even if you do feel "regret" having one. There will sure be some moment where u feel the little one is adorable. Try focus these moment when u feeling tired and angry.

No one is perfect.