Anyone has experience with Dr Choo Wan Ling?

jenny2011

Hi all,

Would like to kw if Dr Choo Wan Ling will explain the blood test results to you in detail ? ( when the results are normal). I mean the normal checkup of blood test not for maternity purposes. If its normal, will she call you to explain via phone or explain to u during the next visit?

manngooogle

Hi Jenny..I went to her at 16 weeks so not sure about the blood test explanation part... but her normal reviews and visit I do find her explaining things clearly and not rushing... ultrascan too.. she does explain alot during the scan.. I believe she should be one that will explain well on the blood test too...

jenny2011

Hi Jenny..I went to her at 16 weeks so not sure about the blood test explanation part... but her normal reviews and visit I do find her explaining things clearly and not rushing... ultrascan too.. she does explain alot during the scan.. I believe she should be one that will explain well on the blood test too...
Hi manngooogle, thks for yr feedback. But unfortunately, I did a blood test with Dr Choo but she did not explain well with regards to my blood test results via phone. She said its normal but when I received the report via mail, I realised one of the tests was out of the normal range. When I asked her again, she then told me can repeat the test, I am wondering if I shd repeat it. I was diagnosed with PCOS during the scan n I did a blood test together on the same day as the scan. I am pretty confused as she said if I want to see my PCOS profile, I shd do my blood test on the 2nd or 3rd day of my menses.. Previously I did my blood test on the 12th day after menses. I heard from other gynae that this recent blood test report could see that I have PCOS already so I am now very confuse if DR Choo is rgt.

Lynn23

I consulted Dr Choo recently, find her quite friendly and approachable.. but too bad a bit "money driven". Consulted her not for maternity issues and instead of addressing to my concerns, keen in asking me if I want to conceive etc..
Never prepared to do papsmear or ultra sound scan for breast, even suggested me to do those I not the least interested..besides I also find her too direct in asking some private qns.

Lynn23

Hi manngooogle, thks for yr feedback. But unfortunately, I did a blood test with Dr Choo but she did not explain well with regards to my blood test results via phone. She said its normal but when I received the report via mail, I realised one of the tests was out of the normal range. When I asked her again, she then told me can repeat the test, I am wondering if I shd repeat it. I was diagnosed with PCOS during the scan n I did a blood test together on the same day as the scan. I am pretty confused as she said if I want to see my PCOS profile, I shd do my blood test on the 2nd or 3rd day of my menses.. Previously I did my blood test on the 12th day after menses. I heard from other gynae that this recent blood test report could see that I have PCOS already so I am now very confuse if DR Choo is rgt.
Yup, I also find her a bit careless in the briefing of blood test result, as in she was not detailed enough to explain about the results, only said "normal" which in actual fact was not really "normal". If it was really normal, one of the hormones shouldn't be exceeding the normal ref range..quite disappointed when she called me just to say my blood test was "normal". When I asked her about this issue, she then told me can repeat the test if I want.. I started to doubt her professionalism...

jenny2011

Yup, I also find her a bit careless in the briefing of blood test result, as in she was not detailed enough to explain about the results, only said "normal" which in actual fact was not really "normal". If it was really normal, one of the hormones shouldn't be exceeding the normal ref range..quite disappointed when she called me just to say my blood test was "normal". When I asked her about this issue, she then told me can repeat the test if I want.. I started to doubt her professionalism...

Oh I see! I think its always safer to seek a 2nd opinion.. I was also disappointed after receiving my blood test results.. She actually gave me a very gd impression, ie friendly and patient. But ever since she failed to address my concerns, I decided to change gynae. No point keep doing blood test but no clear explanation on my problem. I also tried to ask her why there was a diff in intepretation... she did not even reply me. I am not a very fussy patient and I'm telling myself that if she could answer to my queries, I may wish to continue with her treatment as I was comfortable with her initially..much to my disappointment now..

Yes, I also find her more keen in pregnant mums..Even if I were to get pregnant, I won't choose her as my gynae after all. After I get myself treated, I will consult a more professsional gynae for long term health check and follow up.

Last edited: