Anyone IUDed?

stonston

actualli e olden day ligation is remove ovaries also....which means no menses...
modern day one they leave e ovaries intact, if not u will suffer fm menopause....

LoVeS

actualli e olden day ligation is remove ovaries also....which means no menses...
modern day one they leave e ovaries intact, if not u will suffer fm menopause....

OIC i didnt knw will cause menopause if remove it:elvis:

Minami

I had inserted the Hormone releasing one (IUD's Name: Mirena) for 5 yrs before i removed last yr for ttc. So far for the 5 yrs, no extra protection and it has served me well.

I paid $500+ during that time and had it done at a pte gynae.

Insertion is indeed more uncomfortable then removal. Removal and easy and fast, just need to go any GP clinic that provide pap smear service to remove. Insertion is uncomfortable as in the initial days, the body is trying to accustom to it

shirl

I had inserted the Hormone releasing one (IUD's Name: Mirena) for 5 yrs before i removed last yr for ttc. So far for the 5 yrs, no extra protection and it has served me well.

I paid $500+ during that time and had it done at a pte gynae.

Insertion is indeed more uncomfortable then removal. Removal and easy and fast, just need to go any GP clinic that provide pap smear service to remove. Insertion is uncomfortable as in the initial days, the body is trying to accustom to it
i m using mirena too. now my period is erratic n the flow is less. n the best thing is now i have no more cramps. :Dancing_tongue:

Triquetra

Mirena IUD is a fixed 5 years?
Is it possible to remove it before the 5 years? Or is there any minimum duration?