Anyone knows how to make pancake?

Phoebii Cheng

Anyone knows of any nice pancake recipes for toddler?

My son loves pancakes, but I dun know how to make them......

meiteoh

You need normal white flour, milk, eggs and some baking powder. :)

Quantity depends on how much you're making but usually I'll make about one cup of flour + 1 egg + 2 tsp of baking powder and milk. How much milk depends on how thick I want the batter to be but usually about 3/4 cup of 1 cup of milk. :)

I have a recipe here but you can replace the wholemeal and semi-white flour with normal flour. :)

Ting

i always make pancakes with the pancake mix.
i buy the one that just needs to add water, quick n easy.. the box is yellow in colour.
water wise need to agar agar, just a smooth constitency n not too watery.
i add butter n maple syrup with it.
a scoop of ice cream makes it perfect too! :)

meiteoh

Yeah, if you're pressed for time, you can opt for pancake mixes but I find that they have this weird taste so I usually prefer to make my own - it takes about less than 15 minutes to prepare the batter and I do it all by hand, btw. :/

Phoebii Cheng

Actually I dun mind the pancake mix either, but would prefer to make it frm scratch.....cos' now I am also learning how to cook esp healthy food for my son.......:tlaugh:at least I know what I have put in the ingredients

fctjones

I have tried the various pancake mixes before but there always seem to be a powdery texture to my pancakes. I wonder if anyone can tell me how to prevent this from happening?

CDL

I use this recipe for pancakes -

1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
2 tbsp soften butter/oil

Mix all well with a whisk and ladle small scoops into a medium-hot pan (no need to add oil to the pan). Wait for bubbles to appear on the pancake and then flip over to brown the other side.

This recipes feeds 3-4 perople well and it is fast and easy with only a bowl, whisk, spoon and saucepan to clean. You can also vary the ingredients by adding some wholewheat flour, replacing milk with water or adding fruit (I use ripe bananas up this way and reduce the amount of sugar in the batter)

Enjoy!

fctjones

CDL, Thank you for your recipe. I tried it over the weekend and my family said it was yummy! LOL Next time, I plan to be creative and will try to add slices of banana and some blueberries as well.

CDL

You're most welcome Fctjones! Thanks for giving this recipe a shot. Yes do try with fruit - i have made them with bananas, blueberries, strawberries. Some kids (both big and small) might also enjoy them with chocolate chips/sprinkles (added to the batter) - it gives a good balance esp if you decide to use a healthier flour like wholewheat.

sandyteo

Hi!

I would like to share the banana pancake I made before. Also made caramel banana syrup to go together with it.

Takes a little more time to prepare but both my hubby and I like it as it's a little different from the normal ones.

You can try too! The recipe is here

esthergal

I tried making pancakes for my baby, but the texture is not puffy but a bit hard... what have i done wrong?

My ingredient:
gluten apple and cinnamon pancake mix
flour (to cover the cinnamon taste in the pancake mix as my baby doesn't really like it)
egg
pureed pear (to sweeten the pancake)

Anybody can advise?