Anyone not taking bath and/or not wash hair 1mth after labor?

Thanks for the info. The warming body and shampoo wash seems very.convient. But seems costly for 4oz for $16.90.. I think buying from chinese medical hall would be much cheaper?
Straight away after birth, i went to bathe when i was pushed back into my ward.. When the doc was stitching me, e 1st quest i ask is can i bathe after that.. so funny.. But my confinement auntie let me bathe alternate days and wash my hair once a week.. she brew ginger tea for me to bathe.. Spicymeimei, not to worry.. dun buy too many of this stuffss.. scully u might not be able to use and end up waste $$.. like me lol..

Ting

my mum boiled the herbs for me to shower every 2-3 days.
but on my side, i will definately wash my private part every day, 2-3 times at least.
then when i was, sumtimes just rinse water on my body.
i cant stand the heat n stickiness so i will secretly shower.

Ask him come be in ur shoes la. I dun care lo. I slp in aircon rm and with fan somemore. Tt time i give birth liao, the water+ blood all stain my back. The nurse although help me clean liao but u think its clean meh. den if u gg to breastfeed, ur body sweating and sticky, v unhygiene de lo.. Like wat other mummies say, it up to us la. Our grandfather a male also got aching all over.. haha. Nego with ur hubby la. Bathe once every 2 days lo. Get the confinement auntie to brew u ginger water to bathe..

crystarr

I also cannot tahan if i din bathe. I bathe secretly when my MIL is busy/sleeping. I can shower up to 5 times a day, shampoo and conditioner my hair everyday. Sometimes i shower in the middle of the night (11pm) and early in the morning (6 am) so that my MIL wun know i showered. Ha ha ha. After shower i feel so shiock ! I think baby likes me better when i smell good. I read an article tt the confinement rules are actually bullshit and there's no scientific proof to that. Ang moh's also din have confinement rules and they seems strong and healthy even at old age.

Mummy Angel

Cannot dun bath lar.. so dirty as what other say got wound den bleeding.. i also bath but with herb. And for hair once a week lor. Den 1 day cannot only bath once.. somemore mux bath before 6pm. Once i bath later the confinment lady n my MIL will keep saying lor.. so irrtating. Duno who invented confinement cannot bath 1

fioncess

i tahan till 6th day then i cannot tahan. i call my husband to faster come back at abt 11 plus cos he wrk late, he look after baby for me then i go shower. he still set up the dryer in the toilet for mi to blow my hair cos scare his mother hear. dun shower, evrything also go wrg cos will b in bad mood. I dun care jus go shower tice everyday. wash hair every 2 day.

I will not be washing my hair and bathing for the confinement month. I believe what my mum says. Which mum will harm their own kid?

shiseru

I will not be washing my hair and bathing for the confinement month. I believe what my mum says. Which mum will harm their own kid?
I concur with your saying that parents will never harm their own kids but not neccessary parents are always right too... I may disagree with my parents if i think it's wrong/not workable.

I would give this confinement practice the benefit of doubt but I will not blindly follow my mum's instruction. I too, do not wish to harm my baby, creating an environment that may cause disease or infection to my baby and family :D

Last edited:

matka

For the sake of my mental wellbeing, I bathed and washed my hair twice a day. I perspired a lot more and even so at night, sleeping in an aircon room. Rheumatism and all the other things in old age? I think it might just happen whether or not I follow the rules. Or maybe it won't.

One thing's for sure, if I didn't shower, I would have gone crazy first. :)

even though my mum is still old-fashioned thinking, she told me i can still bathe after i give birth, but only once a day and with herbs and ginger water. wash hair also can. she said it's unhygienic not to shower as i will breastfeed baby. also can always clear the bad wind by drinking herbal/dates drink.

bellerichez

Omg how to endure for one month? I salute those who can don't bath and don't wash hair for one month. I think a few days i already cannot take it. Anyway my confinement my mom will help me and she's not those very Traditional type so i can bath but she say using those boiled herbal water.

Amulet

I actually agree with your husband and this is because I noticed that over here in Western countries, they dont't practice this whole "no bathing thing" and my ILs all have very little aches and pains.

My husband's grandma who was 94 when she passed away this year was fit, walking around without the aid of a cane and was knitting & painting right up until her late 80s. The only reason why she stopped knitting was because she couldn't see the stitches very well. What about those people who have never given birth yet got aches and pains? How do we explain that?

When I tried telling my mum that, she "cheong" me with the whole "wait until you kena when you're old, then you know". :nah:
agree agree..

anyway for me, i bath and wash hair once at 3rd day after labour, thn sponge bath for 2weeks.. after that is showering twice and wash hair alt days ..

i heard from my massage lady that malays bath every morning during confinement coz it helps cleanse their body and aids recovery.. not as if all malay grandmas gets aches everywhere..

JusMum

erm .. i take bath the 5th day of confinement , but with those herbal water , and i wash hair too , not taking bath makes me feel uneasy ..

chrisgal

i bath n wash my hair throughout the wole mth... but wash hair every three days.. i went to saloon to wash becoz got free shoulder massage lolz..... my in law dun allow me to wash n bathe.. but im those kind of person where " hey, u are not me... u can tahan doesnt mean i can tahan too" so i told them " MY MUM SAY IT'S OK TO BATHE N WASH HAIR" and thold them those herbal packs are specially made for confinement ... so they diam diam... lolz...

even my CL told me she got a frenz who follow tightly to the confinement rule... dun wash hand wrapped herself with long sleeve and long pants etc etc... end up she also everywhere pain in her old ages! so ya... i think it's reli up to personally thinking... copping with newborn will be stressful and tiring, and making ourselves clean and fresh is so important... i cant imagine if i dun wash hair dun bathe whole body sweat ... and stil have to carry baby... oh gosh... cant make it!!! :embarrassed::embarrassed:

M&M

i shower with warm herbal water everday. wash my hair and blow dry at the salon once a week. i told the hairdresser to wash my hair with warm water. then after washing, my CL will prepare ginger tea for me to expel any wind.

M&M

i hide in aircon room everyday. cannot tahan with this type of weather. how to tahan not taking bath and wash hair? even after bath and in aircon room i still sweat like mad lo... CL say aircon is ok becos it takes away the water in us which is good la. fan is not ok especially direct fan(if blow wall of ceiling still ok) becos it opens our pores which will in turn introduce more wind into our body.