Anyone still allow 3year old to bottle feed and still sterilise the milk bottle

Hi anyone out there still allow 3 year old to be drinking from bottle and still sterilise the milk bottles. Is there still a need to sterilise their bottles after use for age of 3?

veronica

I am still...only planning to stop once #2 pops out. Since by then I may have too many bottles to sterilise liao.

I am still...only planning to stop once #2 pops out. Since by then I may have too many bottles to sterilise liao.
this is my worry too.. cos my 2nd 1 coming in june so want to stop sterilise and stop her from drinking bottle but think my DD will not agree

veronica

this is my worry too.. cos my 2nd 1 coming in june so want to stop sterilise and stop her from drinking bottle but think my DD will not agree
Wow how come ur DD wont agree.....so clever ah..

Actually majority said by 1 yr old can skip liao but I kiasu la...so i carried on..

Furthermore I changed his bottles every 5-6mths so I also dont worry the bottle is not safe to sterilise for so long..

Wow how come ur DD wont agree.....so clever ah..

Actually majority said by 1 yr old can skip liao but I kiasu la...so i carried on..

Furthermore I changed his bottles every 5-6mths so I also dont worry the bottle is not safe to sterilise for so long..
i oso kept changing teats n bottle for her. seems like she is too used to it.

CanCanMum

Hi anyone out there still allow 3 year old to be drinking from bottle and still sterilise the milk bottles. Is there still a need to sterilise their bottles after use for age of 3?
no need to sterilise after one year old.

yes my boy still drinks from bottle.

CanCanMum

never, juz wash and scrub clean den let it dry. (After feeding)

rinse with tap water (Before feeding)

they should build up their immune system by now and not too reliant on sterilized bottles for feeding. As long as you keep the bottles and teats dry after washing it will be fine. Wetness/dampness encourages bacteria breeding, meaning those harmful ones.

I keep them in a dish drainer cabinet after washing.

never, juz wash and scrub clean den let it dry. (After feeding)

rinse with tap water (Before feeding)

they should build up their immune system by now and not too reliant on sterilized bottles for feeding. As long as you keep the bottles and teats dry after washing it will be fine. Wetness/dampness encourages bacteria breeding, meaning those harmful ones.

I keep them in a dish drainer cabinet after washing.
okie thanks for your tips. shall stop sterilising her bottles....

wenz

eh... i still bottle feed my gal... but never sterilise her bot liao... but i will use boiling water to soak her bottle/teat and tutu once a week...

EnFlor

eh... i still bottle feed my gal... but never sterilise her bot liao... but i will use boiling water to soak her bottle/teat and tutu once a week...

Same as above. My sterilise equipment which i've had it since 1st bb is now a white elephant in my cupboard. Waiting to hand over to my sis. hope still in good condition by then.

As for bottle feeding. My 3yo dd is still with her bottle but she knows that she can have them at home only. Once outside, train her oredi since 2.5yo no more bottle feeding outside. Initial stage cranky but took her less than 1 mth to get used to no-bottle rule in public. In replacement, she got to choose her fav water bottle - Dora or Barbie to carry when she goes out.

Starting June, no-bottle feeding rule will take effect. Aim by August, she should be able to drink from cup coz no choice mah! next yr nursery. Maybe will put those green slimy ooiii-goowy thing in her milk bottle to make her have that 'yuck' feeling towards bottle feeding. :tlaugh:

wenz

Same as above. My sterilise equipment which i've had it since 1st bb is now a white elephant in my cupboard. Waiting to hand over to my sis. hope still in good condition by then.

As for bottle feeding. My 3yo dd is still with her bottle but she knows that she can have them at home only. Once outside, train her oredi since 2.5yo no more bottle feeding outside. Initial stage cranky but took her less than 1 mth to get used to no-bottle rule in public. In replacement, she got to choose her fav water bottle - Dora or Barbie to carry when she goes out.

Starting June, no-bottle feeding rule will take effect. Aim by August, she should be able to drink from cup coz no choice mah! next yr nursery. Maybe will put those green slimy ooiii-goowy thing in her milk bottle to make her have that 'yuck' feeling towards bottle feeding. :tlaugh:
ya my DD had not been drinking milk in public since she was 2yrs old... instead she eats watever we eat outside... only at home den will bottlefeed her.... especially morning n nite before bed....

ya my DD had not been drinking milk in public since she was 2yrs old... instead she eats watever we eat outside... only at home den will bottlefeed her.... especially morning n nite before bed....
my DD actually din drink milk in bottle in public but after hopping into the car she will start to ask for milk sometimes give her soya bean or milo(those small packets for kids) as substituide but after the milo she will still ask... haiz... think need time to train her...

wenz

my DD actually din drink milk in bottle in public but after hopping into the car she will start to ask for milk sometimes give her soya bean or milo(those small packets for kids) as substituide but after the milo she will still ask... haiz... think need time to train her...
haha she so cute.. i guess they are just addicted to suck from milk bottle, like my gal she need to suck from milk bottle at nite before bed if not she cannot slp and will be fussy... i din bring the milk bottle out at all so i got nothing to give her... i'll show her the bag tat no milk bottle so no milk.. den will tell her go home then give her..

give ur DD some time and she'll get used to it... =)

haha she so cute.. i guess they are just addicted to suck from milk bottle, like my gal she need to suck from milk bottle at nite before bed if not she cannot slp and will be fussy... i din bring the milk bottle out at all so i got nothing to give her... i'll show her the bag tat no milk bottle so no milk.. den will tell her go home then give her..

give ur DD some time and she'll get used to it... =)
]]

Think dats the onli choice I have she just refuse to listen.... Should use your method go home than have. Else when my DS arrive in June we will need to carry 2 sets of bottles out...:shyxxx: