Anyone still remembers the wedding list of items to prepare???

Oppsgal

regina, tts what i feel too, just rom and maybe honeymoon "wedding" cos very troublesome.. though i want a wedding ceremony.
we planning garden wedding in the day time.. i dont want hotel ones.:)
Old folks never say anything? Usually old folks want this and that for their daughters' wedding... Very troublesome

CanCanMum

regina, tts what i feel too, just rom and maybe honeymoon "wedding" cos very troublesome.. though i want a wedding ceremony.
we planning garden wedding in the day time.. i dont want hotel ones.:)
me + uncle nic did not have a wedding banquet as well

we only had traditional ceremony in the day, then dinner with inlaws/my family and invite my bestie nia~~tats all....and we ROM one year in advance liaOOooo (no turning back :p)

but my mum said no matter what, the traditional must do, meaning those betrothel stuff. But seriously speaking, we were shaking legs at that time, coz we dont need to do a single thing~~lols

CanCanMum

Yesss... can get quite expensive too all these traditional things. I quarrelled with my mum somewhat over this... Not coz of the guo da li things but how much to bao in the ang bao.... So agree with stonston that it's impt to check with the influential member of the family to prevent even more arguments when the lady really "guo men"
ya the most sensitive thing is the $$$$ issue.....

tat time i ddink i kenna married off quite "cheap-ly"~~~:p machiam ask for discount tsk tsk tsk

hakisumi

yes alot!!! and very 'troublesome'.. that time i even told my hubby we ROM can liaoo cos wedding dinner also very tiring...
ya.. esp seating arrangements, some relative.. very wat 1.. tell my mum they dun wan to sit w that who & who la... or whichever auntie uncle buay gam...

den on that night the banquet dnr, we have to wait for some irriating er-Gu den can start the banquet..its my FIL's problemtic sis...

we wanted a rom lunch at some town club too, but my hubby is the 'last' son not the youngest..cos the elder bro didnt invite much relative and frenz... so my FIL wants wedding banquet

but overall its ok.. and indeed memorable.....

diymummy

that time i ddink i kenna married off quite "cheap-ly"~~~:p machiam ask for discount tsk tsk tsk
LOL!!! dont't say until like that... then if bao too much also look as though selling off daughter to make a quick buck. :p

CanCanMum

LOL!!! dont't say until like that... then if bao too much also look as though selling off daughter to make a quick buck. :p
LOLs~~~but mine is really so low until like buy 1 free 1 lorr .....wahahhaahah~~~~

my mum + dad not even asking for a lot and they still "discount" lols~~~~

hakisumi

i agree.... take all the ang bow money like very gian lui.. like sell daughter.. take little like not enuff...
but my mum steadip nvr take much.. like she wanna create that kind of impression my daughter marry to ur hse... not sell to u....

Ting

Old folks never say anything? Usually old folks want this and that for their daughters' wedding... Very troublesome
nope. my parents r very modern ppl, they also think wedding dinners quite mafan. my sis wanna hv beach wedding they also say ok. n me n my sis both inform them we only invite few ppl...only close relatives.. my elder sis say she only wan to hv 20 tables in total~ lol.

Ting

me + uncle nic did not have a wedding banquet as well

we only had traditional ceremony in the day, then dinner with inlaws/my family and invite my bestie nia~~tats all....and we ROM one year in advance liaOOooo (no turning back :p)

but my mum said no matter what, the traditional must do, meaning those betrothel stuff. But seriously speaking, we were shaking legs at that time, coz we dont need to do a single thing~~lols

hmmmm, bf only told me his side most impt is need to "jing cha" only. LOL.
im ok with bethrothel thingy as long got ppl do for me! lol.

CanCanMum

hmmmm, bf only told me his side most impt is need to "jing cha" only. LOL.
im ok with bethrothel thingy as long got ppl do for me! lol.
u will be shaking legs lols

the only thing we helped out was to give out the wedding cakes door to door to all relatives, smile smile, act cute, tats all :p

wahhahahahha~~~~~

stonston

Actually as Chinese, banquet not very impt. Is the TEA CEREMONY that is a MUST!!!

My cousins had garden weddings & did not have banquet, no objections, no gossips cos the tea ceremony was quite 'grand'.