Anyone TTC by IUI?

Oink

Yay! The follicle is big enough so they gave me an injection to preserve the egg. I'm doing my IUI tmr... pray for me!

Hope yours went well today, Lawla.

lawla12

Yay! The follicle is big enough so they gave me an injection to preserve the egg. I'm doing my IUI tmr... pray for me!

Hope yours went well today, Lawla.
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! gratz!!!!!

u'r joining me wif the 2ww !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaaa :Dancing_tongue::laugh::mlaugh:

i did my IUI today.......i was scared..the gynae keep asking me to open my legs wide wide....aiyoo....i hear those equipment sound.....i'm scare.....then the gynae was explaining to me wad's she doing now, for eg, washing at area, then insert tube etc...i was very quiet throughtout....then she say "r u still alive?" ......i couldn't ans her cos i'm scare....i wanna ans, but no sound come out of my mouth.....then all of them laugh.....i oso laugh....aiyo, very paisey leh...:we2biglaugh::we2biglaugh:.....

i was told not to haf any activities wif my hubby for 2 weeks cos i've 8eggs.....

my next appt is on 16th Mar....kekekee..hopefully evyting goes well !!!!!! jia you oink !!!!!!!!!!! woof!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yellow::lime::blue::magneta:

marilynn

For my IUI case.... I did it in KK, I started my cycle with clomid on the 2nd day of menses and puregon jabs for 5days. Each puregon jabs in 50ml.... and on the 9th day i went for my scanning and they found 2 solid follicles 23cm each, and did my pregnancly jab on the 10th day and my IUI on the 12th day.
No success eventhough the gynae told me that my Hubby's sperm was 12million......
I'm going to do my 2nd cycle and day soon waiting for my period to come...but this time gynae doesn't prescribe me with clomid only puregon jabs...
Wish me Luck..... and You Mummies Know wat}}} this is the 1st time after 4years of marriage i'm waiting for my period to come..... hahah....

Oink

Haha, Lawla... sounds like my 1st IUI... they kept asking me if I'm alright then... Hee, they probably thot I hv fainted wif fear. :001_302:
Ya, we will be waiting together so at least got support there... can be quite stressful cos will always wonder if preggy or not... :nah: Juz rest lots during tis 2ww & stay positive! :Dancing_wub:

Hey Marilyn, u too stay positive & jia you!

lawla12

ooh...for my case....rather complicated....:elvis:

i tried clomid for 3mths le....but my eggs does not respond at all.....zzzz...my mensus was 38days,45days n 51days cycle for the 3mths i took clomid....then doc say, clomid does not work on me....then proceed wif injections......

as the injections is VERY costly, per ML is $1, so 50ml is $50....we decided to opt for a higher chance of getting pregnant which is IUI instead of the normal intercourse......

1st, we opt for IUI....then i started wif 50ml of injections (follitropin) on day 2 of my mensus...then day 6, the gynae increase to 75ml.....then day 10, doc increase to 112.5ml ......on day 13, 2 eggs were growing well, but i've ard 10++ eggs.....so went back to see her again n day 16 as the eggs haf to b monitored very closely.....

on day 16, suddenly i got 6 eggs growing....zzzz...doc say the risk of mutiple pregnancy is too high, so she suggest IVF since i got sooooooo many eggs to choose from....BUT, doc also suspect tat my LH has reached the peak n did a blood test for me......she oso gave me an injection to stop my ovulation...

i went back on next day (day 17) to realise tat my LH has reached the peak n its too late to stop my ovulation.....i've ovulated on day 16 nite time.....so, proceeding wif IVF is of no use now.......gynae checked n found tat not all the eggs were released.....so, IUI is more suitable for the situation now as the risk of mutiple pregnany is much lower now.....so, she gave me another injection to release my remaining eggs......

i went back today (day 18) for my IUI......doc gave me 3days MC to rest....****HAhahAHAHHAahHAHAHahHAHAHhaahHAA****:wink::we2biglaugh: i can shake legs at home leh !!!!!!!!!!!!! no need work....kekekekekeee :we3jiggy:

my next appt is 16th Mar yaaa (2ww)........then they will take urine test to check if i'm pregnant....

but, i rem very clearly, tat they told me tat even if i'm pregnant, sometimes, cos of the xxxxx level (aiyo, i 4got wad izzi liao), the pregnant kit cant detect it correctly....then wad for, i go back sooooo early to check arrr ???? izzi wasting my time n $$$$ ????

Last edited:

lawla12

ooh ya.....i was asking them wad is the success rate for IUI n IVF...

i was told tat for IUI, the 1st time is 36%, 2nd time is 70%+++ ....

for IVF, its the same 38% throughout .....

i blur blur de, i 4got to ask y for IUI, the 2nd time, the success rate is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much higher......

any idea ??????

lawla12

hi oink...how's ur IUI ????

btw, did ur stomach cramp or not arr ???

last nite, my stomach cramp alot leh.....when i got out of the bed, its abit painful......:elvis:

marlysha

hi oink...how's ur IUI ????

btw, did ur stomach cramp or not arr ???

last nite, my stomach cramp alot leh.....when i got out of the bed, its abit painful......:elvis:
when i did my IUI, i dunt feel anything but on the 2nd day i do feel a bit cramp...u take a lot of rest...btw did ur gynae gave u any medicine...for me my gynae did give me medicine...have to eat until 9/3...

lawla12

when i did my IUI, i dunt feel anything but on the 2nd day i do feel a bit cramp...u take a lot of rest...btw did ur gynae gave u any medicine...for me my gynae did give me medicine...have to eat until 9/3...
dun haf....the gynae say no need eat any med leh......y harr ??? i asked the nurse too, but the nurse told me, doc say NO need n ask me dun worry.....

i rem very clearly tat when gynae was explaining the IUI process to me, she did mention tat i've to take a med after IUI to like "make my eggs better" so tat my chance of getting pregnant is higher......

did ur gynae told u wad kind of med is tat ???????

marlysha

dun haf....the gynae say no need eat any med leh......y harr ??? i asked the nurse too, but the nurse told me, doc say NO need n ask me dun worry.....

i rem very clearly tat when gynae was explaining the IUI process to me, she did mention tat i've to take a med after IUI to like "make my eggs better" so tat my chance of getting pregnant is higher......

did ur gynae told u wad kind of med is tat ???????
my gynae gave me duphaston(dydrogesterone)to take 3 times a day...this medicine is actually is to support the womb lining...something like tat...

Oink

Hi! Did my IUI liao... but got a bit complicated cos they cldn't get the catheter really in... so in the end, have to switch frm plastic speculum to metal one... yucks! Inserted twice & bleed somemore... Then use a guidewire to guide the catheter in... Each IUI seems to be getting more & more difficult. Aiyo, better be succcessful tis time! :shyxxx:

Ya, I'm having cramps now... dun know is it cos inserted the guidewire? Can't stand for too long... feel really uncomfortable. The last 2 times, I was quite ok, juz a little discomfort only. Hopefully, it will go away tmr cos hv to go back to work.

I oso didn't get any medicine... they juz ask me to test on 16/3... 18 days after procedure. Thot only 2ww? Why 18 days? Juz to be sure?
Seems like diff doc hv diff ways of doing things leh. So confused sometimes.

But Lawla, your IUI is so complicated but at least, they monitored really closely unlike mine. Guess that's the diff b/w pte and public hospitals... haha! Muz get money worth.:tlaugh:

lawla12

ooh...they ask me to go back on 13th Mar but the gynae is on leave on both 13th n 14th...so no choice, my appt is on 16th Mar lohhhh......

i'm still having abit of the cramps...like got smting pulling inside my stomach yaaaa......cant do BIG movement......

u din ask the doc for MC arr ???? i go n ask leh......

Oink

They only gave me mc for 1 day, the day of procedure... Guess they think that's enough lor. Anyway, I dun really hv cramps liao but still feel bloated. But am still bleeding a bit... think cos of the abrasion ytd... :07: So decided to go back to work, but take it easy & dun walk too fast... hee!

lawla12

oooh...i went to ask for 2days MC so tat i can haf a LONG weekend....LOL

sHShsHSHSHhsss...dun let my boss see tis....HHAhahahHAHAhahaa :we2biglaugh:

my stomach still abit bloated too....my beast abit pain pain too...:weconfused:...

ya u'r rite, dun walk too fast....LOL...:we2cute:.....

Oink

Wah, reply so fast ah? Hee...
Aiya, I shd hv ask for 2 days mc too after they made me bleed. Thot I won't feel anything much... oh well, juz hv to be careful & dun overwork lor.

lawla12

Wah, reply so fast ah? Hee...
Aiya, I shd hv ask for 2 days mc too after they made me bleed. Thot I won't feel anything much... oh well, juz hv to be careful & dun overwork lor.
LOL...cos i'm online now lohhhh....u'r ONLINE too!!!! WHAhwhWaaawHWHA

Oink

No feeling whatsoever leh... think quite normal not to feel anything bah. Too early to have any symptoms.

Anyone have symptoms super early? can share?

Hi all,

Can I join? I had IUI done on last Wed with Thomson Fertility Centre, Dr. LC Cheng. My cycle dues on 13/14th March. I have conceived my #1 through IUI (1st try with the same doc) and my son is now 15 months :wink:

I hope everyone of us here to be blessed with BFP soon!