Anyone TTC by IUI?

Oink

Hi lovinglife... u seeing Dr LC Cheng? I thot of seeing him if my 3rd attempt in public hosp does not work out. Is he good? Does he charge a lot? Thanks!

I like him very much. He is patience, gentle and polite. He delivered my son too. For this cycle, I spent quite a bit due to more u/s involved. Late ovulation lor. Total spent 1k, unmedicated. Totally go on natural but have 2 shots of hCG booster after IUI. Currently on 2x progesterone pill (duphaston). I keep imagine fertilisation has occurred and how many cells has form now :) Got to be stay hopeful and +ve :)

You guys gonna wait for clinic pregnancy test or will test at home? Shall we have a list on testing date? Let me start the ball rolling.

lovinglife - testing on 10th March (13dpiui)

marlysha

I like him very much. He is patience, gentle and polite. He delivered my son too. For this cycle, I spent quite a bit due to more u/s involved. Late ovulation lor. Total spent 1k, unmedicated. Totally go on natural but have 2 shots of hCG booster after IUI. Currently on 2x progesterone pill (duphaston). I keep imagine fertilisation has occurred and how many cells has form now :) Got to be stay hopeful and +ve :)
hi lovinglife,

i also given duphaston but was ask to take 3X..now i got the urge to take the urine test...feel like cannot wait for my check up on 9/3...haiz....if i take the urine test ...now..im scared i will be disappointed..on the result....how...should i just give a shot...or wait patiently...until my check up ....sooo stressful...:tconfused:

Last edited:

lawla12

Hi all,

Can I join? I had IUI done on last Wed with Thomson Fertility Centre, Dr. LC Cheng. My cycle dues on 13/14th March. I have conceived my #1 through IUI (1st try with the same doc) and my son is now 15 months :wink:

I hope everyone of us here to be blessed with BFP soon!
WAHwahhwhaha...same as me leh!!!!!!!!!!!! i did my IUI last wed too!!!!!! but me going back clinic on 16th cos gynae is on leave from 13-14th Mar.....

i'm still tinking lohh....if i wanna go back n test....i asked the nurse, she told me tat they will b taking urine test yaaaa....if neg, they will take blood test.......

i was tinking, really so urgent meh ???? cannot wait a few more days then test or wait till my mensus come if me not pregnant ???? must take blood test meh ?????

tat time oso like tat....my mensus did not come, then at day 44, i went back to check...they took urine 1st, then neg...then took blood test ......then they told me to juz wait loh....wait till 1 more week or until my mensus come....zzzz...waste of my time n $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :18::18:

so, wad u all tink ??? shd i go back ???????????

hi lovinglife,

i also given duphaston but was ask to take 3X..now i got the urge to take the urine test...feel like cannot wait for my check up on 9/3...haiz....if i take the urine test ...now..im scared i will be disappointed..on the result....how...should i just give a shot...or wait patiently...until my check up ....sooo stressful...:tconfused:
y gynae nv gif me ANY MED after IUI de??????????????????????????
:err:

hi lovinglife,

did you take any hCG trigger shot before IUI? if yes, you gonna wait till it out of your system. if not you will likely getting false +ve.

Oink

Hmm, is it difficult to book his appt? He is quite senior so will have to wait long for appt? Seems like the pte doc spend more care & provide more medicine during and after ovulation le... I was prescribed nothing except for Clomid & juz 1 HCG injection during ovulation. Hiaz... So does that mean I hv less hope?!? :embarrassed:

Oh... I'm supposed to test on 16 Mar. Going to see gynae so still wondering if I shd chk in the morn on my own or go clinic then chk.

WAHwahhwhaha...same as me leh!!!!!!!!!!!! i did my IUI last wed too!!!!!! but me going back clinic on 16th cos gynae is on leave from 13-14th Mar.....

i'm still tinking lohh....if i wanna go back n test....i asked the nurse, she told me tat they will b taking urine test yaaaa....if neg, they will take blood test.......

i was tinking, really so urgent meh ???? cannot wait a few more days then test or wait till my mensus come if me not pregnant ???? must take blood test meh ?????

tat time oso like tat....my mensus did not come, then at day 44, i went back to check...they took urine 1st, then neg...then took blood test ......then they told me to juz wait loh....wait till 1 more week or until my mensus come....zzzz...waste of my time n $$$$$$$$$$$$$ :18::18:

so, wad u all tink ??? shd i go back ???????????

y gynae nv gif me ANY MED after IUI de??????????????????????????
:err:
lawla, my AF dues on 13th. so is either +ve or menses. how long your cycle lasts?

Hmm, is it difficult to book his appt? He is quite senior so will have to wait long for appt? Seems like the pte doc spend more care & provide more medicine during and after ovulation le... I was prescribed nothing except for Clomid & juz 1 HCG injection during ovulation. Hiaz... So does that mean I hv less hope?!? :embarrassed:

Oh... I'm supposed to test on 16 Mar. Going to see gynae so still wondering if I shd chk in the morn on my own or go clinic then chk.
just call the clinic the day AF reported. they will schedule you for u/s on D2 or D3 for baseline check. for 1st cycle, doc will likely monitor your cycle first before prescribe you on any medication. go try him out if really this cycle fail, which i hope NOT!

Oink

just call the clinic the day AF reported. they will schedule you for u/s on D2 or D3 for baseline check. for 1st cycle, doc will likely monitor your cycle first before prescribe you on any medication. go try him out if really this cycle fail, which i hope NOT!
Yep, I sure hope tis round is successful as I went thru 3 rounds of IUI liao. Plus had a difficult time tis cycle as they had some difficulty inserting the catheter.

I saw that u r testing 13dpiui. The clinic ask me to test 18dpiui, dat's y on 16 Mar. I actually did IUI 1 day after u. Does that mean I can test earlier?

Yep, I sure hope tis round is successful as I went thru 3 rounds of IUI liao. Plus had a difficult time tis cycle as they had some difficulty inserting the catheter.

I saw that u r testing 13dpiui. The clinic ask me to test 18dpiui, dat's y on 16 Mar. I actually did IUI 1 day after u. Does that mean I can test earlier?
how long does your cycle lasts? when is your AF dues? i am having quite a regular cycle of 30days. AF is dues on 13th. i can test anytime after the hCG shot leaves my body system. last pregnancy i got BFP on just 8dpiui. very amazing!

Oink

how long does your cycle lasts? when is your AF dues? i am having quite a regular cycle of 30days. AF is dues on 13th. i can test anytime after the hCG shot leaves my body system. last pregnancy i got BFP on just 8dpiui. very amazing!
Haha, I'm on 30-31 days cycle too... usually quite regular except for some strange mths. So I guess I can test abt same time as you? The last 2 rounds, dun really dare to test in case of disappointment. And when AF really come, I was very upset. :embarrassed:

Haha, I'm on 30-31 days cycle too... usually quite regular except for some strange mths. So I guess I can test abt same time as you? The last 2 rounds, dun really dare to test in case of disappointment. And when AF really come, I was very upset. :embarrassed:
i am sure you can test even earlier than me because i am going for 2nd hCG booster tomorrow. that will screw up my body system and give false +ve if i test too early. thus for this round of IUI, i only intend to test at 13dpiui :) i am those if it is a real +ve, i wanna see it even it is the faintest faint line. if it is not going to success, get it over and done and start new cycle. keep moving forward. though we will upset to see BFN but life still have to move on.

Last edited:

Oink

i am sure you can test even earlier than me because i am going for 2nd hCG booster tomorrow. that will screw up my body system and give false +ve if i test too early. thus for this round of IUI, i only intend to test at 13dpiui :) i am those if it is a real +ve, i wanna see it even it is the faintest faint line. if it is not going to success, get it over and done and start new cycle. keep moving forward. though we will upset to see BFN but life still have to move on.
Yep, will test mayb on 13 or 14 Mar then... now all I can do is pray & have faith! Thanks for all the info... think I can get more info out of tis forum than frm the clinic. :001_302:

marlysha

did you take any hCG trigger shot before IUI? if yes, you gonna wait till it out of your system. if not you will likely getting false +ve.
btw can i know wat is the hcg trigger...like wat...i only knew the day bfr i go for IUI i was given Pregnyl...then aft IUI given duphaston tats all..and now waiting...for the "big day"

Last edited:

lawla12

lawla, my AF dues on 13th. so is either +ve or menses. how long your cycle lasts?
wad is AF arr ?? i keep seeing u all toking abt it...izzi mensus???

mine arr...aiyo...my cycle ranges from 26days to 51days....for the past 3mths is 38days, 42days n 51days...... :nah:

did doc tell u y the 1st 2times of IUI fail ??? any idea y IUI fail ????

my gyane was telling me, if try 2times IUI, then fail, then the next step is IVF for my case le...she say no point trying IUI again....

i dun wanna tink abt it yaaa especially wif the HIGH IVF costs though there's subsidy....but still, need to fork out avg 5k cash...... :embarrassed:

i am sure you can test even earlier than me because i am going for 2nd hCG booster tomorrow. that will screw up my body system and give false +ve if i test too early. thus for this round of IUI, i only intend to test at 13dpiui i am those if it is a real +ve, i wanna see it even it is the faintest faint line. if it is not going to success, get it over and done and start new cycle. keep moving forward. though we will upset to see BFN but life still have to move on.
can i check wad's the HCG booster for ???? izzi to make ur eggs much healthier or wad, so tat it increases ur chance of getting pregnant ?

ZombieMum

You guys gonna wait for clinic pregnancy test or will test at home? Shall we have a list on testing date? Let me start the ball rolling.

lovinglife - testing on 10th March (13dpiui)
Hey lovinglife, will test on the same day as u!! :tlaugh: Cuz my menses are quite regular (average 30-31 days long). My LMP was Feb 7th, last +ve OPK (ovulation) was on Feb 23rd. So, the day I'm gonna do HPT will be Mac 10th, 16dpo (ttc naturally for ur info and is only 1st cycle), give 2 more days in case I ovulate late or to be safe :p. So let's hope everyone will have GOOD news to share!!!

The list:

1) lovinglife - testing on 10th March (13dpiui)
2) ZombieMum - testing on 10th March (16dpo)

Oink

No, Lawla... the doc didn't say y failed for 1st 2 times... which makes it frustrating cos dun know wat is going on. Kept thinking mayb something wrong wif me, that's y not successful so far. The doc only ask me to think abt IVF during my 2nd try. Think she wan me to go for IVF lor. Anyways, the doc in public hosp not so dedicated... for the 3 times, 1st 2 times done by 1 doc and the 3rd time by another one. So wondering how they know wat's wrong? if always change doc. Sigh...

Now can only pray for miracle. I oso dun really wan to go thru IVF cos quite stressful... and costly too!

ZombieMum

Hmm, tested +ve just 8dpiui? I wonder if ttc naturally, 8dpo can? =P Cuz I'm really very excited and anxious already!! I read most online websites stated that testing 8dpo will be a lil too early.

What brand of HPT did u use for a +ve result for ur previous pregnancy? Or u took a blood test?

lawla12

No, Lawla... the doc didn't say y failed for 1st 2 times... which makes it frustrating cos dun know wat is going on. Kept thinking mayb something wrong wif me, that's y not successful so far. The doc only ask me to think abt IVF during my 2nd try. Think she wan me to go for IVF lor. Anyways, the doc in public hosp not so dedicated... for the 3 times, 1st 2 times done by 1 doc and the 3rd time by another one. So wondering how they know wat's wrong? if always change doc. Sigh...

Now can only pray for miracle. I oso dun really wan to go thru IVF cos quite stressful... and costly too!
oink, did doc gif u any med after IUI ???? i rem some1 oso nv take any med leh....same as me......hmmm.....i tink u shd ask the doc wor....at least u know wad's wrong yaaaa......try asking the nurse ???? i always call up the nurse again if me need some advise.......

tats wad the doc tink too....she said, i can still try for IUI, but her opinion is tat IVF would b better for me since i produce alot of eggs after taking injections n the situation would b the same for my 2nd IUI if the 1st fail. For my case, if i wanna continue IUI, i must consider the risk of multiple pregnancy......

haizzz....i dun wanna tink too much laaaaa....settle tis mth 1st...then i need to rest 1mth (1 cycle) b4 i start trying again.......

my hubby is oso very very concerned wif the IVF costs....we can claim max 5k.....then haf to pay 5-8k CASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its really too costly yaaaa.....i was tinking to switch to public hosiptal for IVF.....

my frd told me tat kk IVF subsidy is more than private......

For private
1st claim - 6k
2nd claim - 5k
3rd claim - 4k

For public
1st claim - 8k
2nd claim - 7k
3rd claim - 6k

my hubby wanna claim for the IUI tis round if it fails.....so, for my IVF, it would b considered as the 2nd claim......

haiz...very headache hor....i've spent ard 7-8k (including IUI) for all the medical bills since Aug 08 when i started to see gynae......super expensive........

can drop some $$$$$ from the sky ???????????