Anyone use Pigeon Breast Milk Storage Bag before?

Yong

Hi Mothers,

My EDD is next March but would like to find out some info on Breast Milk storage.

Due to convenience sake, I'm thinking of getting the Pigeon Breast Milk Storage Bags to store the milk that I will be pumping out especially during office hours, has any mums use it before?

Would greatly appreciate if any mums could provide some comments and review on the Pros & Cons on using this storage bags (Understand cost will be a major con but ready to act blind on this con for the sake of convenience :001_302: ).

Thanks alot in advance for the replies.

chiro

pigeon"s storage bags are good but expensive.if you have the luxury of having the whole fridge or freezer to yourself, not sharing with your in law, you might want to use storage bottles instead of bags to save costs. I got no choice cos my mil stuff all kinds of things in the fridge and freezer. I found things like denture and super glue in the fridge, dunoo why are they there in the first place.

chiro

pigeon storage bags r very well designed, i love their ziploc bag function, stickers to paste on th baags,

just use scissors to snip the bottom of the bag to pour into bottle

but think pigeons bags cannot stand on their own when filled wif milk

im using blue egg storage bags, it cheaper

Yong

pigeon storage bags are very well designed, i love their ziploc bag function, stickers to paste on th baags,

just use scissors to snip the bottom of the bag to pour into bottle

but think pigeons bags cannot stand on their own when filled with milk

im using blue egg storage bags, it cheaper
Hi Chiro,

How's the "Blue Egg" storage bags as compared to Pigeon's (Other than price). Can I get this in regular stores e.g. NTUC?

camom

The other one that can stand is First Few Years but it's expensive. I use Lansinoh, bought from Amazon.

chiro

the lobang i got is $7.50 for 25 pieces..self collect at Toa payoh

can store up till 210 ml of bm & it also comes in pre sealed bags (u have to tear the top portion of the sterilised bag)

have not seen it avail at regular stores like ntuc...etc

Hi Chiro,

How's the "Blue Egg" storage bags as compared to Pigeon's (Other than price). Can I get this in regular stores e.g. NTUC?

diymummy

I use the Pigeon one.

I like it because it's easy to store and pour out.

I used The First Years one before. Though it can stand, it spills when I try to pour it out. So I've stuck back to the Pigeon one.

I have one brand new box leftover which I'm selling. If you're interested, can PM me.

babymummy

I tried before PIGEON, FIRST YEAR, MEMUM, LANSINOH ..

I find LANSINOH Milk bags better...

PIGEON leaks.. First year have a foul smell.. Memum's bag abit thin, LANSINOH is the best.. Double zipper...

ohstrawberry

I also using Lansinoh, so far so good. When i want to transfer the milk to bottle, i will cut away the ziplock, i find it easier to pour out this way.

babymiki2003

I tried before PIGEON, FIRST YEAR, MEMUM, LANSINOH ..

I find LANSINOH Milk bags better...

PIGEON leaks.. First year have a foul smell.. Memum's bag abit thin, LANSINOH is the best.. Double zipper...
yeah...agree ...first year has a smell... and i realised pigeon must fold down do it doesnt leak...

woofy55

mummies... my fren passed me her leftovers from Playtex.. anyone using that? I noticed that it doesn't have seal... then how? My fren uses rubber band?? - can like that??

how long can milk storage bag kept??

cocraze

mummies... my friend passed me her leftovers from Playtex.. anyone using that? I noticed that it doesn't have seal... then how? My friend uses rubber band?? - can like that??

My sis uses Playtex cos she got lots of supply, and its cheap, so I also got some (though I dont have spare supplies of milk to freeze ....:p )
have to use rubber band or I think some other mummies in this forum use those wire to twist.
The rubber bands work well as long as you get those small ones. I bought mine from SKP(I know got stores at Tampines St 11 and Telok Ayer St, dunoe where else got), a huge pack less than $3.

camom

mummies... my friend passed me her leftovers from Playtex.. anyone using that? I noticed that it doesn't have seal... then how? My friend uses rubber band?? - can like that??

U can buy those sealing clips from Ikea to use. Use only the smallest size.

Playtex is not milkbag actually, it's a bottle liner hence no seals.

camom

Forgot to add.. if you use rubber bands, the milkbag will be fat fat when it's frozen cos you'll store it upright. I prefer to freeze my bags flat so they take up less space. If you use the clips, then the milkbag can be stored flat.

1 word of warning abt using milk liners - they are extremely thin. The risk of leakage is much much higher than with milkbags.

Maple

What is the difference between milk bags and liners?

I'm currently using Lansinoh to store my milk, thinking of switching to Playtex cos it is cheaper. Any idea where I can buy playtex?

I'm currently freezing my milk upright which takes up a lot of space. Consider freezing them flat, I presume the Lansinoh milk bags shouldn't leak, rite? No problem stacking them on top of one another if I freeze them flat, rite? Any mummies freeze your milk bags flat and stack them on top of one another?

camom

What is the difference between milk bags and liners?

I'm currently using Lansinoh to store my milk, thinking of switching to Playtex cos it is cheaper. Any idea where I can buy playtex?

I'm currently freezing my milk upright which takes up a lot of space. Consider freezing them flat, I presume the Lansinoh milk bags shouldn't leak, rite? No problem stacking them on top of one another if I freeze them flat, rite? Any mummies freeze your milk bags flat and stack them on top of one another?
Actually milk liners are not made to store ebm. Its original usage was to line the bottle so that when you pour milk in to feed bb, the milk doesn't touch the bottle wall.

For one, milkbags are thicker, milk liners are thinner. Bcos of the thickness, the risk of leakage is higher for milk liners. Milkbags usually come wih some form of sealing mechanism unlike milk liners that are essentially just like a plastic bag, u need to seal it separately using sealing clips, rubber bands or tape.

However, milk liners are much cheaper cost wise. I know that Mums n Babes in United Sq sells playtex liners but they are pretty expensive at abt $25 per roll. U can check online, the merchants usually sell cheaper.

Storage wise, Lansinoh can store flat but make sure the exterior is dry before you stack, else they all stick together and when you pull apart, the bag will tear. I have a box in the freezer that I lay the filled milkbags in, flat . When they are frozen, I will pack according to date in ziploc bags. Easier for my mom to retrieve and feed bb.

Last edited:

catherlyn

Sry to side track but anyone using milk tray to freeze the milk then put inside the bag? I also using lansinoh bag to store my milk stick reason being my ger feeding amt still varies. She drinking 100 to 140ml n if I store in bag sometime very wasteful as I pump between 80 to 140. Frequently she won't finish the milk n mk me having pouring the remaining away

camom

Sry to side track but anyone using milk tray to freeze the milk then put inside the bag? I also using lansinoh bag to store my milk stick reason being my ger feeding amt still varies. She drinking 100 to 140ml n if I store in bag sometime very wasteful as I pump between 80 to 140. Frequently she won't finish the milk n mk me having pouring the remaining away
Meiteoh is :)