Arrival of Joven Soh

Hi all!
my prince Joven Soh has arrived on 18Jun 2009 11.30am at East Shore Hospital!
Weight: 3.010kgs
Birth: On Drip w/o epi was on gas and Pethedine.
Labour to birth: less than 3 hour.
Experience with East Shore Hospital: Excellent for the confinement food and the nurses and midwife are very friendly.
Gynea : Dr H eng Tung Lan

Was dilated 2-3cm on 17Jun afternoon and my gynea confirmed that baby's head is down and ready to be out. She say baby can come on the 18jun so ask me to admit to hospital on 18jun 0730hrs.

When arrived at the hospital the staff checked me in and I waited at the labour ward for my gynea. So the mid wife took my weight ask me to change into the robe and pump liquid to let me pass motion. After that I was ask to lie on the bed to wait for my gynea to come. I waited till about 0930hrs before my gynea come as she have another 3 babies to deliver before me.

At 0930Hrs my gynea come and break my water bag and put me on drip. The contraction did not start till about 1050hrs after the strong contraction the mid wife came to check me again but I did not dilate at all so she ask me to have a jab ( Pethedine) to let the cevic dilate than I agreed.

At about 1120Hrs I have a strong urge to push the nurse checked me again and she ask me to try pushing than she say stop she call my gynea. when my gynea arrived she just ask me to push. Within 3 huge contractions 1st push my baby's head is out and 2nd push I can feel his shoulder coming out. Than comes his loud cry...

As Im a hep B carrier so I cannot breastfeed him immediately got to wait till discharge. So only breastfed him on 20jun though breastmilk is very pethetic but will still perservere.

Last edited:

autumn82

Hi all!
Gynae: Dr. lucky Tung Lan (she did a super great job)
Experience with East Shore Hospital: Excellent for the confinement food and the nurses and midwife are very friendly.

Was dilated 2-3cm on 17Jun afternoon and my gynea confirmed that baby's head is down and ready to be out. She say baby can come on the 18jun so ask me to admit to hospital on 18jun 0730hrs.

When arrived at the hospital the staff checked me in and I waited at the labour ward for my gynea. So the mid wife took my weight ask me to change into the robe and pump liquid to let me pass motion. After that I was ask to lie on the bed to wait for my gynea to come. I waited till about 0930hrs before my gynea come as she have another 3 babies to deliver before me.

At 0930Hrs my gynea come and break my water bag and put me on drip. The contraction did not start till about 1050hrs after the strong contraction the mid wife came to check me again but I did not dilate at all so she ask me to have a jab ( Pethedine) to let the cevic dilate than I agreed.

At about 1120Hrs I have a strong urge to push the nurse checked me again and she ask me to try pushing than she say stop she call my gynea. when my gynea arrived she just ask me to push. Within 3 huge contractions 1st push my baby's head is out and 2nd push I can feel his shoulder coming out. Than comes his loud cry...

As Im a hep B carrier so I cannot breastfeed him immediately got to wait till discharge. So only breastfed him on 20jun though breastmilk is very pethetic but will still perservere.
Congrats darling!! Rest well and enjoy the motherhood~~ :) Rem to post Joven's cute pics~~ Heh.

ArDz

Hi all!

Congrats ya, rest well and hope to see pics as well soon .. :Dancing_wub:

Ros0818

Hi all!

Congrats yar!!!
How r u feeling now??
Still breastfeeding???
have a gd rest yar!

limshirley

Congrats Congrats! Yup, agree with you that the midwives & nurses @ ESH are friendly. Delivered my boy at ESH hospital on 6 May 09 & had the same gynea as you, Dr H eng TL. Her stiches are superb (had episotomy) cos i didnt even have to take pain killers for the wound. -grins-

Last edited: