Ask for milk during early morning

yan2

Hi mummies,

Recently my dd (26months) asking for milk during the early morning like 4-5am. She used to sleep through till 8-9am. Give her water but she didn't want, insisted on milk..hmm..i increased the intakes during the day times but still can not solve the problem.

Any mummies experience this​

vivikool

Its habit.

my son 3+ already, once in a while also will wake up at 4-5 am asking for milk. we will just give him.

i'll ask my mother in law to shorten his afternoon nap time a bit so that he will be too tired to wake up so early and so far, it works.

stonston

i'll ask my mother in law to shorten his afternoon nap time a bit so that he will be too tired to wake up so early and so far, it works.
Actually it's not very good to shorten their nap cos when they nap, their brain is growing.

Sometimes they suddenly ask for alot of milk is due to growth spurt. Usually only for a few days. Try giving more solid food during the day.

Ting

i agree.
if they dun nap well in the day, they might become cranky at night.
just feed more food in the day. :)

Mama Ina

Hi mummies,​

Recently my dear daughter (26months) asking for milk during the early morning like 4-5am. She used to sleep through till 8-9am. Give her water but she didn't want, insisted on milk..hmm..i increased the intakes during the day times but still can not solve the problem.​

Any mummies experience this​
Hmmmm.. Maybe they are growing or they still hungry...

vivikool

Actually it's not very good to shorten their nap cos when they nap, their brain is growing.

Sometimes they suddenly ask for alot of milk is due to growth spurt. Usually only for a few days. Try giving more solid food during the day.
my son can nap from 2 to 5 plus pm which i think is kind of too long. if dun shorten his sleep to 2 hrs, at nite he will figet a lot before able to sleep. any idea if 2hrs nap is ok for a 3 yr old kid?

stonston

3yo should have 2-3 hours nap, depending on how much they sleep at night.

My boy sleeps from 10pm to 8am, plus a 2 - 2.5 hour nap at 1pm.