Aug 2008 MTB

Porukadotzu

So cloth diaper better for newborns? Dunno if I tell the CL, will she jump on her top.. Haha. Coz she needs to wash & wash..

My MIL always adv the most ecomical way, so cloth diaper is best la.. She always tell me her 3 sons wear trousers from 1 mth old, wet just wash lor.. *faintz* She scared her son spend too much $$.. But the thing is I dun even handwash my own clothes. Dun expect me to hand wash other clothes. Haha. Notty.. Water also getting so expensive.. :p
haha.. just buy the small washing machine lor..

Anyway you hire the CL and pay quite expensive rite? so make the most out of her lah haha... if she faint then wake her up lorr..:001_302:

but cloth diapers really could save your expenses alot thou..

doraemon

Hi hi, I am so tempted to use cloth diapers too. I have hired a confinement nanny for $1800, luckily booked her in advance else now hard to find good ones. My baby girl weighs 1.172kg at 28 weeks. Hope all of you are doing fine :)

autumn82

So if use cloth diapers, need to buy diaper cover? I also dunno.. Haha. Mine also $1.8K but I dunno if she's good or not.. Hopefully she noes how to cook well & look after well... :p

My boy at 30weeks weighs 1.5kg.. I still got only 2mths or so only, how to increase his weight? Eat durians? :p I want chubby bb leh..

Porukadotzu

Hi hi, I am so tempted to use cloth diapers too. I have hired a confinement nanny for $1800, luckily booked her in advance else now hard to find good ones. My baby girl weighs 1.172kg at 28 weeks. Hope all of you are doing fine :)
hi doraemon, good for you! i'm fine and going to do check up next week too. can't wait to know how heavy my girl.

Porukadotzu

So if use cloth diapers, need to buy diaper cover? I also dunno.. Haha. Mine also $1.8K but I dunno if she's good or not.. Hopefully she noes how to cook well & look after well... :p

My boy at 30weeks weighs 1.5kg.. I still got only 2mths or so only, how to increase his weight? Eat durians? :p I want chubby bb leh..
hey better hv chubby baby once they outside your tummy, otherwise you'll hv trouble in delivery coz bb too chubby hehhee.. anyway bb weight will increase once they grows too. Durians will just make your sugar higher, tats not good thou. if you plan to use cloth diapers you might want to buy the nappy liners (its like a pc of tissue to keep the bb bum dry sold in a box of 12pcs/box, around RM11.99 i bought in Giant johor last week), and might want to buy few pc of those diaper pants to cover, shape like diaper and made of those nylon poly type of fabric that can keep the wet nappy cloth inside and won't wet the bed. This diaper cover cost only RM12.99/pc and i bought 3 pcs coz its washable so dun tink need alot and anyway will use the cloth diaper only at home. o ya, if you plan to use the cloth diaper you need to buy the napkin fastener too ( also quite cheap i bought in giant johor for RM 7.99/2pc), i saw in youtube on how to put on cloth diaper and they use the napkin fastener instead of the baby pin, its much safer and easier.

yumeumi

Re: aoc

Hi!! new here. Also due in Aug 2008.

Just curious... there's a cloth diaper that we used to have when young, there's the other type that has velco n is plastic layered.

Do we need nappy liner for both? Which is comfortable n easy to handle?

Porukadotzu

went for check up... my bb is a bit samll... only 1.8kg at week 33.. hope she will grow bigger faster :(
Hi Chip2!

hows your bb weight now??
last week i weight myself i add up another 1 kg :embarrassed:, and bb weight at 34 week is 2.5kg....

last mth my bb weight 1.5 kg too.. then i go and eat Durian (only one time)... i think they do boost the baby weight hahaha!!

anyway, go and try Durian..!:tlaugh:

but i also drink tons of milk (HL milk & Powder milk for pregnancy)...atleast make it 3-4 glass a day.

But i read on pregnancy book, baby weight can be vary, as long as the baby is kicking and healthy inside.

don't worry, the bb will keep growing untill 40 weeks!

too big baby also difficult to give birth...

Porukadotzu

Re: aoc

Hi!! new here. Also due in Aug 2008.

Just curious... there's a cloth diaper that we used to have when young, there's the other type that has velco n is plastic layered.

Do we need nappy liner for both? Which is comfortable n easy to handle?
Hi Yumeumi,

The cloth diaper tat we use when young should be the same as now too i guess... then maybe you misunderstood that the diaper with velcro (look like a panty) is actually only to cover (wear outside the clothdiapers) and hold the bb pee frm the cloth diaper.
Nappy liners to be placed on the first layer (tis liners contact with bb skin), the use for this nappy liners to keep the bb skin dry instead of damp specially after the bb pee on it.
So i also just find out bout this haha.. thou we save $$ not to use disposable pampers but still need to buy those disposable nappy liners.. but anyway nappy liners cost cheaper than pampers thou..

But there's also a washable baby panty which is more durable and costly, tat one really quite expensive.. and we need to buy the washable liners to be inserted inside the panty too. But this washable bb panty is quite an optional..

yumeumi

diaper

Hi Yumeumi,

The cloth diaper tat we use when young should be the same as now too i guess... then maybe you misunderstood that the diaper with velcro (look like a panty) is actually only to cover (wear outside the clothdiapers) and hold the bb pee frm the cloth diaper.
Nappy liners to be placed on the first layer (tis liners contact with bb skin), the use for this nappy liners to keep the bb skin dry instead of damp specially after the bb pee on it.
So i also just find out bout this haha.. thou we save $$ not to use disposable pampers but still need to buy those disposable nappy liners.. but anyway nappy liners cost cheaper than pampers thou..

But there's also a washable baby panty which is more durable and costly, tat one really quite expensive.. and we need to buy the washable liners to be inserted inside the panty too. But this washable bb panty is quite an optional..

Oh.... I asked a staff, told me that just place nappy liner. I was thinking not comfortable, plus will be hot as the plastic is next to the skin. Might even coz rashes.

Now you clear my doubts. So instead of the cloth diaper dropping, it'll protect leaking then.

:001_302:

doraemon

Re: diaper

Hi friends,

It's been so long since I last posted here. My baby girl, Amber is about 2.8kg now at 34 weeks. I think she will bust the 3kg point at birth. Am feeling uncomfortable with the heavy body weight and dun like to sit leaning forward for too long. The waiting game is ending soon but this last 3 weeks seems to get a bit draggy cos can't help but wonder which date would she choose to pop!!

Porukadotzu

Hi Doraemon, Yumeumi, & all!!

so did everyone felt excited during the waiting these days? :tlaugh:I also feel bit 'Heavy' lately, hv the same problem like Doraemon, can not sit too long leaning forward. So sumtime need to sit in a strange position with legs open and body 45degree bend. haha..

On my 35th wk my bb gal Angelynn weight 2.5kg.

Now should be adding more, Its my 37th week (if i didnt loose count).

Hope my Angelynn would come out during the NDP :001_302:!

chipchip

Hi Porukadotzu,

My bb weight 2.75kg at week 38. thanks God. she becomes much bigger :)

I feel very excited.. less than 2 weeks to go... :)

Hope everyone will have a very smooth labour :) All the best

Porukadotzu

hi Chipchip!

yea another 2 week..wah seems so fast rite.. feels like just find out tat i'm pregnant few months ago..

but also can't wait to see the bb coming out :tlaugh:

ru still working or already take the maternity leave?

doraemon

It's been long time since I posted. Sorry!!

We are all getting excited as our EDD draws near. I just take it that Amber would come out rite on the dot on 12 Aug, my edd. She weighs about 3.09kg (plus/minus 400g).

I would be delivering in Mt Alvernia and have chosen the 4 bedded ward. Anyone same hospital with same EDD as me? can see you there..hee!!

The durians are getting so cheap these days.. still eat some here and there...

I am looking forward to slimming down after the delivery...the weight is hard to bear!!

Porukadotzu

It's been long time since I posted. Sorry!!

We are all getting excited as our EDD draws near. I just take it that Amber would come out rite on the dot on 12 Aug, my edd. She weighs about 3.09kg (plus/minus 400g).

I would be delivering in Mt Alvernia and have chosen the 4 bedded ward. Anyone same hospital with same EDD as me? can see you there..hee!!

The durians are getting so cheap these days.. still eat some here and there...

I am looking forward to slimming down after the delivery...the weight is hard to bear!!
Hi doraemon!
How you can be sure that your bb will come out rite on the dot on 12 Aug? :001_302: can teach me?? haha i dunno how to count these things hhee..

doraemon

Hi Porukadotzu,

Of course I cannot be sure. It's just my gut feeling based on my firstborn's experience. My waterbag had broke rite on my son's edd back in 2005. My gynae also mentioned that I am likely to carry to full term as well for this baby. Till now, I dun feel any Bracken Hicks (stomach like cramps), my tummy is still high, not sagging. Baby Amber is still moving meaning my waterbag has enough water so less risk of not enough water. Also my gynae will be on leave from 080808 to 100808 so I also pray Amber does not pop on these dates. These are the reasons for my hunch!! Hee!

Have you gals booked your massage lady? How much is the package?