Baby Name

sufeit0115

I've been thinkin of baby name since the day i knw i was pregnant.. hehee.. Initially i wanted to name her "Fergie" cos of some reason when i was dating with my hubby back then, but alot pple comment that its not adviseable as others might pronounce her name as "Fer gi" or worse still "froggy".. Heheh.. So now cracking my head since i've got nothin to do at home.. :001_302:

How about you sufeit0115? came out wit any nice name yet?
Errm, "Fergie" made me think of froggy, sorry no offence to you...:shyxxx:, other kids may tease her lol....actually i'm also thinking whether "Kaeden" sounds like anything that people may tease.....My mum insisted the chinese name to be "calculated" by her geomancer, but i'm worried geomancer may come up with some funny or very common names.....

So far my hubby only like "Kaeden", he rejected all the rest of the names i chose. Unless i can find other names he agreed, think we will be set for this name. Actually i find there are more choices for girls' names lol :001_302:. So happy researching!!

Feliz

Errm, "Fergie" made me think of froggy, sorry no offence to you...:shyxxx:, other kids may tease her lol....actually i'm also thinking whether "Kaeden" sounds like anything that people may tease.....My mum insisted the chinese name to be "calculated" by her geomancer, but i'm worried geomancer may come up with some funny or very common names.....

So far my hubby only like "Kaeden", he rejected all the rest of the names i chose. Unless i can find other names he agreed, think we will be set for this name. Actually i find there are more choices for girls' names lol :001_302:. So happy researching!!

Yeah sound like froggy to me too after sitting down n mumble to myself.. Heehhe..
For e name kaeden, i don find any way pple can tease or laugh about.. So don't worry.. :001_302: and also for chinese name, my grandma say ask geomancer to caculate also, and i find it hard to come out with chinese name too so i leave it to her la, as long don come out with funny funny sound or meaning can alr... LOL..

Happy researching to u too!! :tlaugh:

apple_san

I'm looking for name start with "T" for my unborn baby boy and make sure is not common name. But is quite hard to find one. Anyone got idea for me?

Actually, I thinking of this name "Jervois" too. But cant find any meaning from web for this name ...:err:

Stan

oh i must mention this!.. I have the same name as pinkwipes and we happen to choose the same name for our babies... talk about coincidences!!

hakisumi

I'm looking for name start with "T" for my unborn baby boy and make sure is not common name. But is quite hard to find one. Anyone got idea for me?

Actually, I thinking of this name "Jervois" too. But cant find any meaning from web for this name ...:err:
Travis sounds nice if you want a T.. Tyler? (magazine) Trevois? (a road name around bukit timah area)but i dont know all these got meaning or not..
or you can mixed abit like felzdown mixed her name w hubby 1...

Last edited:

babysparkz

haha..
my lil babygirl is named "edelweiss"

got it from my husband..
he was listening to de oldies
and the lyrics was bout this flower small..bright..pure..
so he wanted our babygirl to just be like it..

and we agreed..

apple_san

Travis sounds nice if you want a T.. Tyler? (magazine) Trevois? (a road name around bukit timah area)but i dont know all these got meaning or not..
or you can mixed abit like felzdown mixed her name w hubby 1...
Hi Hakisumi,

Travis sound nice but I have some fren name this so i'm not choosing it. Trevois? may consider (but cant find the meaning for this name right)

Actually on my mind, I was thinking this two name, Jervois or Tryan.

But all the problem is because of cant find out the meaning of the name

pinkwipes

Thanks sufeit0115, i like it alot but hubby still half half on the name cos he say no meaning.. :001_07:

ANyway i thought going having a middle name too.. exp: Edlycia _____ Tay
But cant think so any nice name that can blend in..
ANy idea?? :001_302:
I suggest Edlycia Joy Tay. :)

apple_san

Hi all,

I just think out of a name for my unborn baby boy.

Tryan Chan

Anyone can feedback whether this name sound nice?
I think out by myself. Using Bryan to change the 1st letter to "T" since I wanted to get a name start from T.

Stan

Hi all,

I just think out of a name for my unborn baby boy.

Tryan Chan

Anyone can feedback whether this name sound nice?
I think out by myself. Using Bryan to change the 1st letter to "T" since I wanted to get a name start from T.
my 2 cents worth hor, no offence but is it too close to "Tyrant"?
Will your kid be teased by other kids next time?

Stan

what do you mean by "my 2 cents worth". what kind of teased? Pls advise me. Thanks
oh, what i mean is that the meaning of tyrant is more negative?
You know in Chinese it is called " Ba Jun".

Meaning of Tyrant: Got this from Dictionary.com
1.a sovereign or other ruler who uses power oppressively or unjustly.
2.any person in a position of authority who exercises power oppressively or despotically.
3.a tyrannical or compulsory influence.
4.an absolute ruler, esp. one in ancient Greece or Sicily.

apple_san

oh, what i mean is that the meaning of tyrant is more negative?
You know in Chinese it is called " Jun".

Meaning of Tyrant: Got this from Dictionary.com
1.a sovereign or other ruler who uses power oppressively or unjustly.
2.any person in a position of authority who exercises power oppressively or despotically.
3.a tyrannical or compulsory influence.
4.an absolute ruler, esp. one in ancient Greece or Sicily.
But both "Tryan" and Tyrant" are different pronounce, am i rite?

pinkwipes

But both "Tryan" and Tyrant" are different pronounce, am i rite?
Pronunciation is different, tat's right.
TRYAN sounds similar to TYRANT.
Tryan = Try-Yen
Tyrant = Tie-rent

It's a unique name, I have to say.
If you and your hubby like it enough after discussion, go ahead with it. ((:)

apple_san

Pronunciation is different, that's right.
TRYAN sounds similar to TYRANT.
Tryan = Try-Yen
Tyrant = Tie-rent
It's a unique name, I have to say.
If you and your hubby like it enough after discussion, go ahead with it. ((:)
but i'm wondering wat will ppl tease at for this name?