Baby refuse to drink plain water!

babysg

As I breastfed my baby, i did not introduce him to plain water till he is 6 months old. My PD supported it as he said BM contains alot of water.

Now my baby is 10 months old..he refused to drink plain water. When we feed him cereal or porridge, we will spoon feed him some plain water in between the food. Other than that, he doesnt drink water.

How to make him drink water?

stonston

i was warned this would happen, so i started giving plain water @ 2mths....now he he 6mth, but also reject water....

wot my maid do is keep offering it to him...drink alot of small sips thru out e day lor....

Carol

Yup I introduce also since birth but not too much . Just enough to let him get used to the taste .
What I do is to feed him plain water right before every feed when he's hungry . It takes a few sips for him to realise oh this's plain water instead of milk . But that few sips for every feed slowly will let him get used to it . Then he'll start to drink .

sal

It doesn't hv to be plain water..as long as it's fluid..i'm ok..so i used to give my DD ribena coz she dun drink plain water as well...

I'm ok as long as non carbonated

LoVeS

Ya ribena is gd as long as u dun make it too sweet, ribena is rich in vitamin C.

stonston

loves, did u read this article some time ago in straits times tt some new zealand students did a test to measure e amt of vit c in ribena n realise tt it does not contain any vit c?

if realli need to 'sweeten' e drinks to entice them, glucose powder or diluted fresh fruit juices are good :)

LoVeS

loves, did u read this article some time ago in straits times tt some new zealand students did a test to measure e amt of vit c in ribena n realise tt it does not contain any vit c?

if realli need to 'sweeten' e drinks to entice them, glucose powder or diluted fresh fruit juices are good :)
Our local news got say tt is only for new zealand batch whereby our local ribena r rich in vit C. They purposely wan public to knw it not same as new zealand ones n is tested by AVA n report as below

The Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) says Ribena meets its Vitamin C claims.

Tests done by AVA show that the drinks fully meet the requirements of the Food Regulations Acts, backing up the manufacturer's claim that the drink was 'rich in vitamin C'.

The manufacturer, GlaxoSmithKline also assured consumers that "the situation regarding Vitamin C content in New Zealand pertains solely to the market and does not apply to products sold in Singapore".

Singapore's Ribena drinks are from Malaysia and the Philippines.

Last edited:

stonston

i've seen e new zealand ones at some supermarkets....

anyway, jus wanna highlight tt dun trust product claims...cos we will nvr noe....
imagine if those new zealand students din do e test, e whole of new zealand will still b tinking their ribena has vit c???

btw, ribena is full of artificial flavourings, y feed to a young child? give fruit juices will be better ma....

Ting

my girl love plain water can...think she loves it more than anything else..give her apple juice she give me funny face. i gave her since birth..since her first day home...now she is like water tank..wahaha..everytime she make noise i just give her water she will keep quiet..hehehe.. maybe try to give her bb slowly lor..or, u can be firm lor..i think bbs r easy to manipulate...u keep giving they will eventually give in de....:)

huihui

If u read the ribena label, it is NOT recommended for babies under age of 1.

My ds luv plain water more than his milk.

jeSsie_Dz

maybe u can try using diff ways of feeding.. thru learning cups or mayb short straws.. it might let ur kid discover a new way n wanna learn it too.. instead of keep using normal feeding bottle or by spoon tat he sees everyday.. :)

Last edited:

huiling

my boy almost dun drink water e all as he sleep quite a lot & when he wake up will b milk time so didn't had any chance to give him water.but he doing fine also.....

Ting

If u read the ribena label, it is NOT recommended for babies under age of 1.

My ds luv plain water more than his milk.

haha, sumtyms i oso feel tt my girl is like tt..sumtym she play with her milk so i give her water n she just drink non stop.:eek:

U may want to trt giving warm water.
My dd#1 also did not take plain water and dd#2 also not into it.

I give them warm water. They take it better.

Also, i tried milk teat, avent sippy cup and then straw. They take to the straw better.

My dd#2 now ard 7.5 months. Drinking bit by bit thru the straw but must be warm water. So when we are out and abt, a bit more difficult.

HTH

Ralia

Muz train de... Initially i add abit of fruit juice then sweet sweet lyk tat let him drink den mre n mre diluit lorz... den he get use le den totally on plain water onli...

Ting

U may want to trt giving warm water.
My dd#1 also did not take plain water and dd#2 also not into it.

I give them warm water. They take it better.

Also, i tried milk teat, avent sippy cup and then straw. They take to the straw better.

My dd#2 now ard 7.5 months. Drinking bit by bit thru the straw but must be warm water. So when we are out and abt, a bit more difficult.

HTH

i agree, warm water taste better, really....hehe. always give my girl warm de..she just drink like nobody's business.