Baby's gender will affect mama's apperance?

New Mama

Is it true that if you are expecting a baby girl, you look prettier because of the "enhanced" female homones and vice versa. Just curious.

sufeit0115

Is it true that if you are expecting a baby girl, you look prettier because of the "enhanced" female homones and vice versa. Just curious.
Hmm... think it really depends on individual, many people commented my skin texture improved & have a special glow which before pregnant don't have. Hubby also said skin becomes smoother, but i do suffer from drier skin which i need to apply double dosage of moisteriser of what i normally apply. But i am expecting a boy woh! :err:

sufeit0115

good for you :) guess the old wives' tale is not true then...
Hehe, just read the old wives tales for leisure, boy or girl doesn't matter, most important baby is healthy. Make sure you have nutritious & balanced diet for your baby's good growth!!:001_302:

sufeit0115

My in-laws stressed me that they want boy ...for me i just want my baby to be healthy and happy.
Is this your first baby? Or you already have one daughter, that's why they stressed they want boy?

Just my personal view though....don't mean to offend anyone ya... actually i feel girl is better, generally they have parents' heart compared to sons who usually listen to their wife more. :err:

snowie28

i looked darn ugly when i was expecting my dear daughter. :p
me too, very ugly when having my girl. Big n swollen nose, in fact im swollen every where at the later part of pregnancy think due to terrible water retention. My hubby n frens stil laugh at my 'pig' nose.

but when i hav my boy, doesnt hav this occuring.

New Mama

This is my first baby and my hubby is the only son in the family, that's why the huge preference.

My dad also says daughters are more filial and closer to heart...hee

sufeit0115

This is my first baby and my hubby is the only son in the family, that's why the huge preference.

My dad also says daughters are more filial and closer to heart...hee
Oic, but don't give yourself the pressure ya & enjoy your pregnancy :001_302:. Since is first baby, can always try for second one right...

New Mama

Thanks for the encouragement.

I dun conceive easily so everyone finds this pregnancy very precious. And I am not getting any younger, so this could possibly be our only one. Am trying my best to be very careful but I won't have any control over the gender mah...stress me also no use rite?

I have to keep reminding myself to be positive and cheerful so that I will have a cute and happy baby.

uddermummy

I dont conceive easily so everyone finds this pregnancy very precious. And I am not getting any younger, so this could possibly be our only one. Am trying my best to be very careful but I won't have any control over the gender mah...stress me also no use rite?

I have to keep reminding myself to be positive and cheerful so that I will have a cute and happy baby.
yup, just relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Don't bother so much about what your in laws want. My in laws were also hoping for a boy and they were kinda of disappointed when they found out it was a girl. :p

Queenbabe

Hahaha i think not truth but for me when i expecting my ger i look ugly & expecting my boy i look prettier :)

sufeit0115

I dont conceive easily so everyone finds this pregnancy very precious. And I am not getting any younger, so this could possibly be our only one. Am trying my best to be very careful but I won't have any control over the gender mah...stress me also no use rite?

Chances are 50-50 so u may get what you wish for...be positive & don't think so much about the gender issue since we have no control, we accept whatever god plan for us :001_302:. Every kid is special!

chelle

My skin was bad and i put on alot of weight (20kg) when i was expecting my boy.
I feel very FAT & ugly but most people, especially elderly commented that i look better with those extra weight...haha

Domique

me 2 same as u!
after give birth skin better 2

Hmm... think it really depends on individual, many people commented my skin texture improved & have a special glow which before pregnant dont't have. Hubby also said skin becomes smoother, but i do suffer from drier skin which i need to apply double dosage of moisteriser of what i normally apply. But i am expecting a boy woh! :err:

YuFFie

I am having a boy. And my skin was horrendous when i first got pregnant. I was really hideous!!! New_Mama, dun get stressed up k? Let nature takes its course. Healthy baby is what's impt!

jasobias

When i was expecting my 2 sons, i didnt look quite as gd as i did when i was carrying my daughter.Sons time face n nose got swollen.Daughter's time i had a nice glow,no swelling of face.thts how i knew it had to be a girl coz diff experience!!:tlaugh: