Basal Body Temperature

littlehamster

I just had my 4 days marathon lol. Somehow I think we started early. Poor hubby haha Tonight one more again. Hope can make it

Dragontail

I woke up this morning and felt exceptionally warm (aircon not cold enough!). My temp shot up higher than usual. I’m sure I’m not running a fever by the way. Do you ladies know if room temperature affect your temping?

Thanks.

I have been charting my BBT for the last 5 months. It's always low temp during menses and peak after ovulation. Me and hus always lost steam after the intense 3 days bull run when we get the positive OPK. But still not preg. Haiz :(

Dragontail

Glitterystar, 3 months is still the norm. Keep the bull going ;)

I have pretty much given up hope for this month (because I've bad AF like cramps which I always get around this time before AF arrives.. I even snapped at my hubby last night because I had the PMS-irritable mood). But this morning (today marks 7 DPO) I got a shift so high it got me excited. But like I said, it could be because I was feeling warm with the low AC temperature. Now I cant wait to see what's my temp tomorrow morning. If it's still at the high side, then there might be still a little teeny hope. If it gets back down, then game over I guess.

i am also using FF app for the last 3 months. It's very convenient. My hus will take my temp first thing he wakes up and key into the app on his iphone. The same info and chart will be reflected on my phone app as well. The moment i see my temp dip on D14/ 15, i know the hopes are gone.

Dragontail

I also use FF on my phone but mine is blackberry so aint an app so not as user friendly. Still, good enough.

Was at my sinseh just now. She also told me once my temperature dips (i'm at 9 DPO today) in the next few days, I can say byebye to this month. Ha! But if my temp is still much above the coverline till 12 DPO, then there might be good news. She says as at today, the pulse reading cant tell much. She says one of the best symptoms is sore boobs, which I dont have at all. So I think have to say byebye to this month....

Dont give up, Dragontail. Miracles do happen. Hope your temp is high for the next few days.
I have sore boobs when my menses is coming every month but i m not preg leh.

do you notice that if you input eggwhite CM, it will immediately reflect that you are fertile? I think the ovulation and fertile period on the FF app is very much determined by CM and OPK readings.... hmmm....

i just bought OvaCue (OvaCue Fertility Monitor: Ovulation Prediction Made Easy) without the vaginal sensor cos too expensive. Anyway, i started the tracking this cycle with Ovacue. Still trying to get a hang of it... Anyone used this before and comments?

Dragontail

Now you said it, I realised I don't have sore boobs at all this cycle...I mean I always have the ache there before AF is coming. This time, nothing. But I have quite bad pms cramps this month. The past, they were just mild. I think my MC kinda messes up the symptoms.

I didn't pay for FF and now the trial for VIP version is over. Therefore I can't really read much info anymore. I think I will just whack the base within the few days before I ovulate :)

How much is the ovacue may I know? I find FF is overpriced though.

Dragontail

I did a quick read of the Ovacue. Never came across it before. I feel this is more for ladies who do not have regular cycles? If it's regular, maybe $249 is quite a splurge. Anyway, I think it would be awesome if the device can at the same time test pregnancy from your saliva!

i think i was out of my mind when i buy Ovacue. A bit regret now really... i am struggling to use it cos the readings sometimes goes out of the range and i need to take several times before the monitor accepts the readings..i read online that it's more accurate with the vaginal sensor cos it will determine the ovulation but i dont think i want to spend another $100 cos OPK is a cheaper alternative for ovulation. Also want to see if the predictions on FF and Ovacue match or not. I think i am messing myself up with so many different tests. :tlaugh:

Dragontail

I agree... the more tests/methods we put ourselves into, the more we get confused.
Anyway you already got the gadget, use it to the fullest! And hopefully the readings get more in tune with you and you'll get the hang of it soon.

Dragontail

Is it necessary to warm up your thermometer before doing the temping? I realised my thermometer gives a lot of variations within a short span. I mean like within 5 mins, I can get 4 readings say 36.38, 36.45, 36.66, 36.85. And all this happens when I'm now typing in front of my laptop! Then like half hour later, still in front of the lappy, I play with the temping again and the few readings will range around 36.6-36.8 but it will never go so low to 36.38 again.

I wonder if my thermometer needs replacement.

littlehamster

Bbt is at least 4hrs rest n first thing in morning in bed n no movement. If not no accurate.

Hahah don't think so much la. Catch a movie n relax :D