Bathing question??

CanCanMum

means u wet a cloth and pat pat him, damp cloth, not splash water kind or some may use bathing sponge...so tat to minimise the baby getting chills from splashing water on his skin and when water evaporates....just get rid of surface dirt at least he doesnt feel sticky.

valerie

Hi all

My baby hates to bathe. Everytime when i got prepared to take off his clothes to bathe he will and cry until i finish bathing.

Any advices to share on how to handle this?

I felt so stressed everyday when i need to bathe him..

CanCanMum

how big is your baby???

if infant - canx help much, maybe he is scared of water???? IF tats the case u will need to slowly lower him down or splash some water before lowering him....my boy when he was an infant oso like tat.....or otherwise make it a quick one....and when u take off his clothes quickly put a cloth diaper on him...some babies dislike feeling of being naked....

if bigger baby - 4-5months, normally all will enjoy bathing time...esp if u get those cute floating rubber ducks and toys to attract them.....

autumn82

Hi all

My baby hates to bathe. Everytime when i got prepared to take off his clothes to bathe he will and cry until i finish bathing.

Water too cold/hot? How old is ur bb?

SH74

mayb cold. try to close all the windows n doors b4 bath. wait for a while then strip ur bb. wrap him/her up. slowly strip him/her. mayb make the water slightly warmer. aft bath, quickly wrap him/her up w thicker towel. if possible, dry him/her b4 coming out of bathroom.

As what the other mummies say, you may want to try lowering baby slowly into the water.

For my own personal experience, myself and bb's other caregivers did the following until bb was about 3.5 mths old. She only stopped being scared of bath times until she was 8 weeks old.They don't need a lot of shampoo coz they are not very dirty:
-Cover bb with cloth after stripping. May cry. Have to tell bb not to cry, she is just bathing.
-Wash her face with wet cloth, while still carrying her
-Squirt a few drops of shampoo into the tub water and quickly use the wet cloth to wash her hair, then dry..dun worry about the rinsing coz the few drops of shampoo is nothing..
(All this is still done outside the tub)
-After that, tell bb she is going into the water, then pat some water onto her chest then slowly lower her down.
-Use the wash cloth to wash neck, chest, stomach area etc, then Gently sit baby up to wash back and buttocks.
-Gently lower her back to original lying position then carry up

I talk to baby and tell her what i am doing until she learnt to trust me. Now bb is 8 mths old. Love to bathe but hate to put on clothes after bathing.. hahhaaha.Do try again and bathtimes may be more fun :)

SH74

palindrome > my bb now 9 mths old also love to bathe but hate to put on clothes aft bath. so aft i carry him out of the tub, i dry him immediately. usu i bring him out to bedroom then dry him. he doesnt throw tantrum anymore. i also let him hv his rubber ducky toy while drying him. when on the bed to dress him, i hv to distract him w other toys (erm... or rather things, like rash cream tube, ru yi oil container,...) 'cause he gets tired w jus 1 toy. so far i find it useful.

he started to hate putting on clothes when he's 8 months old. funny. b4 that, he enjoys bathtimes n after-bath times. babies r so temperamental. hahaha... :D

autumn82

palindrome > my bb now 9 mths old also love to bathe but hate to put on clothes aft bath. so aft i carry him out of the tub, i dry him immediately. usu i bring him out to bedroom then dry him. he doesnt throw tantrum anymore. i also let him hv his rubber ducky toy while drying him. when on the bed to dress him, i hv to distract him w other toys (erm... or rather things, like rash cream tube, ru yi oil container,...) 'cause he gets tired w jus 1 toy. so far i find it useful.

he started to hate putting on clothes when he's 8 months old. funny. b4 that, he enjoys bathtimes n after-bath times. babies r so temperamental. hahaha... :D
Babies love to be naked.. LOL. Exhibitionist! :p

autumn82

Hmm.. Seems like we can't put my DD & yr baby together.. LOL. My DD dunno y dun like to wear panties.. Funni, let her wear keep on pulling pulling.. *shakes head*

CanCanMum

huh den how darlin dearest??? They are sup to be MFEO....

erm....i rem las time when i was 4 years old i oso like to pull my panties, coz it always gets "stuck" at the buttock (ass hole) area............

whahahahahahahHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHahahahah.....

so to pull my panty so tat it doesnt get stuck in between....LOLs

autumn82

But she keep on pulling even outside leh.. she can stop and pull.. Awful rite? *shakes head*

DodoTan

Hi all

Why don't you change the bath time? I realise that my son has certain cranky and happy times of the day, usually around the same time. So if your baby cries so much during bath time, why not try to change it to a happier time of the day for him?